Effects of Vaping on the Voice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrayJay

May 22, 2016
Hey everyone,

I'm an aspiring voice actor, and recently I've quit vaping because I've heard it can be damaging to your vocal chords and voice overall. Sadly, I really like vaping :( and I miss the smoke and the flavors. I've tried looking up research in regards to how e-cigs and vaping effects the voice, and weirdly enough a lot of the discussions and studies were very controversial/opinionated. Many saying it's not that bad, many saying it can be terrible depending on the juice, and most saying they simply don't know.... so what do I believe? Does anyone have any good articles or insights they can share?

Thank you for your time guys.
All the best,
CJ

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
:facepalm:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How exactly does it do that? Medical study and Abstract validating such?

I heard if Frogs had wings they would not Bump their butts. Sorry, that is exactly how they would land..........according to shape and weight distribution :shock:

ETA: If you Don't smoke, then Don't Vape.
If you Do/DID Smoke -smoking DOES Effect the Vocal cords.

CrayJay

May 22, 2016
:facepalm:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How exactly does it do that? Medical study and Abstract validating such?

I heard if Frogs had wings they would not Bump their butts. Sorry, that is exactly how they would land..........according to shape and weight distribution :shock:

ETA: If you Don't smoke, then Don't Vape.
If you Do/DID Smoke -smoking DOES Effect the Vocal cords.
Thank you for taking the time to be a smartass. It means a lot to me :) I should've specified a little better. How badly does vaping effect your voice? I haven't really felt any changes apart from coughing a little more, but are there future repercussions I should be concerned of?

Reactions: David Wolf

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Prepare for the worst. You are asking for people to tell you something that may or may not effect you and only you according to your physiology.

There is no GOOD science I have seen released in the last 4 years that would suggest any likelihood of inhaling Vapor damaging Vocal cords.

Now, if you are coughing MORE from Vaping..............I'd suggest a visit to your Physician for follow up.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
If you are a smoker and you have quit vaping and went bac to smoking, you are damaging your vocal cords much more then u ever could with vaping. Yes with some persons vaping may affect voice but the effect is only temporal and as ive said its far less magnitude then smoking.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

CrayJay

May 22, 2016
Prepare for the worst. You are asking for people to tell you something that may or may not effect you and only you according to your physiology.

There is no GOOD science I have seen released in the last 4 years that would suggest any likelihood of inhaling Vapor damaging Vocal cords.

Now, if you are coughing MORE from Vaping..............I'd suggest a visit to your Physician for follow up.
Well I was curious if there was some overarching consequences for long term vaping people heard about/seen anything on is all. But thank you for your help!

CrayJay

May 22, 2016
If you are a smoker and you have quit vaping and went bac to smoking, you are damaging your vocal cords much more then u ever could with vaping. Yes with some persons vaping may affect voice but the effect is only temporal and as ive said its far less magnitude then smoking.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
Nope! I just vape. No smoking here

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Nope! I just vape. No smoking here

Honestly, I was not trying to give you a hard time. I get a bit flustered with all the Pure Garbage being presented to honest innocent Victims of those promoting an agenda by Propaganda and fear mongering.

As in this instance, they have confused, worried and deflected you from enjoying your life choices in an attempt to promote their preferences for how you choose to live.

It is just not the way people should live in, harmony through dictatorship...........:facepalm:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The voice is about the breath, as you know. Good control of a good pair of lungs is the heart of the matter. What I notice is vaping is far far less irritating than smoking but the effect is not zero. A very minimal amount of vaping might not matter but if you are shooting for the stars you'll do better not to vape. Good evening...LADIES...and GENTLEMEN!

Here's the girl who taught me about breath control.

Last edited:
Reactions: issy

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Hey everyone,

I'm an aspiring voice actor, and recently I've quit vaping because I've heard it can be damaging to your vocal chords and voice overall. Sadly, I really like vaping :( and I miss the smoke and the flavors. I've tried looking up research in regards to how e-cigs and vaping effects the voice, and weirdly enough a lot of the discussions and studies were very controversial/opinionated. Many saying it's not that bad, many saying it can be terrible depending on the juice, and most saying they simply don't know.... so what do I believe? Does anyone have any good articles or insights they can share?

All the best,
CJ
Here is my personal experience:
For nearly five years I vaped juice which was predominantly PG. At some point recently I noticed my voice was sounding like a raspy old man, kind of crept up on me. I decided to go the VG route to see if it made a diff, luckily my guy produces a VG unflavored WTA with a real nice throat hit which I adore. My voice is returning to its smooth sexy baritone nicely.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
just aging itself affects the tone/pitch of your voice. so does constantly drinking iced cold beverages, hot beverages, eating spicy food, etc etc so I would also assume vaping would have an affect on your voice as well.

but of course no studies or hard data to back up my claims, just IMO.

Reactions: Eskie
Hey everyone,

All the best,
CJ

No evidence in any way that vaping causes any illnesses or harm to the human body.

The only effect I have ever heard was a PG allergy, but that has nothing to do with vaping.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone,

All the best,
CJ

I've been vaping and into the vape scene for four years now. I've never read anything that indicates vaping could damage vocal chords.

OTOH, when I vape juice with nicotine my voice becomes noticeably hoarse after a while. Most of the time I vape zero nic and that never happens to me. After switching back to zero nic my voice goes back to normal quickly. I've spent a fair bit of time over the years on high PG and on high VG and that didn't affect this for me.

So just my own short term experience, make what you will of it. Good luck :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread