eGo 1 Battery and wanting to move up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinkWink726

Mar 17, 2015
Pgh Area, PA
If you experienced vapers can offer some advice, I'd appreciate it!

I'm currently using an eGo One battery, topped off with a Kangertech Subtank Nano (.5 coil).
I was looking to see if there's anything that a newb, like myself, can safely graduate to in terms of a stealthier mod?
Is the eGo One battery unit even considered to be a "mod"?

I'd really like to get an additional power supply, but to find one which is:
1.) Equally as small (or smaller);
2.) Just as handsome when paired with the Nano;
3.) Safe for a newb to use/operate;
4.) Good for .5 vaping.

PLEASE NOTE:
I like stealthy!! The smaller the better, and I'm not a fan of the look or feel of the box type mods.

And Thank You!!! :)

Last edited:
The Ego One battery can handle down to .5 Ohms, so you should be all good there, no need to worry!

As for other smaller mods, I'd be curious to learn of any others myself! I love my Ego One battery, and it's great with the Nano. I honestly can't imagine there's anything smaller than the Ego One, since that's about as small as you can get (some pipe mods might be smaller-ish, but then they have an odd shape). I've seen a couple stealthy mech mods, but even those are few and far between. Most people want something bigger with a little more battery life!

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Yeah, the eGo One is perfect in size and as small as it's going to get at this time. My wishlist: Spring loaded center pin...That's it. :)

But honestly, I run the 1.2 ohm coil on the eGo One battery. The .5 ohm drains the battery pretty fast.

Steamengine calculator estimates the .5 coil to last 107 puffs @5 seconds per puff on the .5 coil and 235 puffs on the 1.2 ohm coil. You're essentially doubling your battery life. This is calculated with the 1100 (shorty) battery.

Last edited:

WinkWink726

Mar 17, 2015
Pgh Area, PA
Steamengine calculator estimates the .5 coil to last 107 puffs @5 seconds per puff on the .5 coil and 235 puffs on the 1.2 ohm coil. You're essentially doubling your battery life. This is calculated with the 1100 (shorty) battery.

Thats a pretty cool and useful estimation tip! Thank you!

️if lol to learn about rebuilding and such, but I'm not sure where to even start! Lol

WinkWink726

Mar 17, 2015
Pgh Area, PA
Carnage9270 said:
I did, but I was trying to go the less rude route...

While I appreciate you're feeling the need to refrain from being rude, I also clearly state that it should be safe, but I just wanted to make sure. ;)

WinkWink726 said:
Not a bigger battery, I just want to know if the ego one is safe for this tank (I assume it is bc it came with a .5, so it really shouldnt be any different), but I'm also interested in smaller stealthier mods and wanted to know if anyone knew of a safe one for a newb who enjoys .5.

Additionally, the original post remains to be answered ;)

WinkWink726 said:
I was looking to see if there's anything that a newb, like myself, can safely graduate to in terms of a stealthier mod?
Is the eGo One battery unit even considered to be a "mod"?

I'd really like to get an additional power supply, but to find one which is:
1.) Equally as small (or smaller);
2.) Just as handsome when paired with the Nano;
3.) Safe for a newb to use/operate;
4.) Good for .5 vaping.

WinkWink726

Mar 17, 2015
Pgh Area, PA
The Ego One battery can handle down to .5 Ohms, so you should be all good there, no need to worry!

As for other smaller mods, I'd be curious to learn of any others myself! I love my Ego One battery, and it's great with the Nano. I honestly can't imagine there's anything smaller than the Ego One, since that's about as small as you can get (some pipe mods might be smaller-ish, but then they have an odd shape). I've seen a couple stealthy mech mods, but even those are few and far between. Most people want something bigger with a little more battery life!

Hey, Fox11, thanks for your response.
Are you using the .5 or the 1.2 head with your Nano/eGo1 setup?
The last 2 days, my eGo battery has been acting downright stupid.
I like the .5 and as soon as I plug it in from being charged overnight, it lets me take one good hit, and then it acts like its totally drained.
I keep the air intake wide open, the battery just acts crazy, and its mayyyyyyyyyyyybe 2 weeks old?
I was getting almost 2 days out of it!!!
I swapped out my Nano to the 1.2 today, and the eGo1 battery acted fine, but I LIKE the .5 so much better!! :(

I like the .5 and as soon as I plug it in from being charged overnight, it lets me take one good hit, and then it acts like its totally drained.
I keep the air intake wide open, the battery just acts crazy, and its mayyyyyyyyyyyybe 2 weeks old?
I swapped out my Nano to the 1.2 today, and the eGo1 battery acted fine, but I LIKE the .5 so much better!! :(

I've been using the 1.2 Ohm coil- the battery definitely acts funky sometimes in my experience so far. Might just not have really charged before? And remember you can pass-through vape, i.e. vape while charging, and that works GREAT! (full power!)

Could have been a problem with that particular .5 Ohm coil you were using maybe shorting out or something? Try the .5 again after you're done with this 1.2!

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington

There is something to watch out for on the Kanger coils. If you take your coil out and look through the air holes in the bottom you will see both wires coming from the coil. The one that runs through the center to the firing pin can actually hit the side of the metal on its way up. I've noticed this with many of these prebuilt coils. It causes the resistance to do some really funky stuff. I had a .5 coil reading at 1.7 ohms on my ohm reader. The easiest fix for it is to take something with a very small tip (needle tweezers) and bend that wire more towards the center so it doesn't touch the sides farther up (where you cant see). This could be the problem you are seeing with your .5 coil.

It's a delicate process but it fixes it right up.

The ego battery can do some strange stuff when it sees a short like that. Basically it sees the coil as being out of its range for operation and blinks really fast.

Last edited:

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Additionally, the original post remains to be answered ;)

Actually I did answer this. The eGo One is as small as it gets as long as you are using the standard eGo One and not the eGo One XL (yes, there are two). It is a mod and actually is very intelligent for being so small. It actually adjusts your wattage for you by the resistance of your coil. At .5 ohms it fires at around 20w and with a 1.1 it fires around 13w. I think the reason you like the .5 coil is because it fires at 20w. This really brings out the flavor and the vapor. The 1.2 coil at around 13w would seem a little muted. Keep in mind they designed these batteries (mods) around their tanks which come with .5 and 1 ohm coils. Any other tank or coil you are using wont be adjustable. So if you were to use say a Nautilus mini on it, it may taste like complete ... (no clue never tried it), but it's not the fault of the tank or the coil., It's more a fault of the battery setting the wattage for you. This mod is not variable voltage or variable wattage (which means you can set them yourself), but it does have some programming in it that changes the wattage according to what it sees as a resistance. If vv or vw are something you want, the mod will definitely get bigger because they have to have room for a board and a display.

The .5 ohm coils taste the best to me, but its at the cost of battery life. I have a couple of the standard batteries that I swap out when im away from a charging port.

But this device doesn't care what you are trying to run on it as long as it has a way to connect to the built in 510 connector. It all comes down to being in it's ohm range for operation.

WinkWink726

Mar 17, 2015
Pgh Area, PA
Hey Carnage,
Thank you! This post was much more informational and helped a ton!!
I've been using that 1.2 for approx 30 hours now, and I'm still getting my solid battery indicator light (meaning its pretty juiced up), but it is so bland, you're 100% correct on that too! :(
I'll def check that coil and see if any bits are sticking out/visible.

Thanks for that info, and again, the last post (#14) was very informative and helpful, so thanks again! ;)

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I run the same setup as my daily vape with the 1100mah battery. The Nano is a 19mm (18.5, technically) tank. The Ego One is a 19mm battery. To my knowledge, there is no smaller (ie shorter) 19mm battery whether box mod, mech mod, or whatever. At 58mm, I think the Ego One is as tiny as a flush setup will be for the Nano. A very few shorter 22mm 18350 mech mods exist, but the Nano would look a bit strange on them with the 1.5mm battery underhang (is that a word?) all around, you'd give up the convenience of the pass through charging, you'd lose around 300 mah capacity (the largest capacity good 18350 batteries are around 800 mah), and you'd only shorten the setup by maybe 5 or 10 mm.

In short, I think you (and I) have the best option for your needs and wishlist with the Nano.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Well the fact the ego one isn't even 22 mm and still contains a 2200 battery. I cannot imagine too much smaller. There are some mechanicals that can come close with a 18650 battery. And your safety net will just be dependant on the battery you use vs the coil resistance..

If you get a bottom button mech you will lose some length, as well as a real mechanical will be minus the electronic subsection contained in the ego 1 so there are many in the 80-100 ish mm range plus topper

Something like a stingray or nemesis is several tubes joined when you want real stealth you take a section out and use a smaller battery

Just for an idea my poldiac is 105 mm
My gp clone is 92mm so is my nemesis, with my dripper approx105mm
For a smaller tank throw on a kayfun nano

To get ideas on rebuilding hit up the rba section, pics, tips, and all kinds of ideas.

On YouTube our man superxdrifter will turn even the greenest rebuilder into a pro

I usually hit the .8-.9 ohm range and on my 2900 batteries I get a decent 8-10 hours

20150322_051323.jpg

( I cannot get this dam epoxyoff my hands so excuse the grime look lol)

Last edited:

shade7

Oct 17, 2014
Chicago
Actually I did answer this. The eGo One is as small as it gets as long as you are using the standard eGo One and not the eGo One XL (yes, there are two). It is a mod and actually is very intelligent for being so small. It actually adjusts your wattage for you by the resistance of your coil. At .5 ohms it fires at around 20w and with a 1.1 it fires around 13w. I think the reason you like the .5 coil is because it fires at 20w. This really brings out the flavor and the vapor. The 1.2 coil at around 13w would seem a little muted. Keep in mind they designed these batteries (mods) around their tanks which come with .5 and 1 ohm coils. Any other tank or coil you are using wont be adjustable. So if you were to use say a Nautilus mini on it, it may taste like complete ... (no clue never tried it), but it's not the fault of the tank or the coil., It's more a fault of the battery setting the wattage for you. This mod is not variable voltage or variable wattage (which means you can set them yourself), but it does have some programming in it that changes the wattage according to what it sees as a resistance. If vv or vw are something you want, the mod will definitely get bigger because they have to have room for a board and a display.

The .5 ohm coils taste the best to me, but its at the cost of battery life. I have a couple of the standard batteries that I swap out when im away from a charging port.

But this device doesn't care what you are trying to run on it as long as it has a way to connect to the built in 510 connector. It all comes down to being in it's ohm range for operation.

Pretty sure the Ego One is not adjusting any voltage. My understanding is that it basically acts like a mech, outputting battery voltage, with that voltage decreasing as it loses charge. Been using the 1100mah battery with a Nano for an on-the-go device. With the .5 ohm coils, it's definitely firing over 20w. Comparing on a couple regulated box mods, 20w is a bit weak for me, & 23w - 25w is about right. My Ego One is firing hotter than that.

Assuming we were getting a full 4.2 volts, and that the coils tend to read around .6, that's 29.4w. Not sure if anyone's actually metered voltage on these, but we're probably getting slightly less than that.

IMO, the Ego One fires the .5 coils a bit hotter than I like on a full charge. But it's a tradeoff for the small size & built in protection. I just don't chain vape it on a full charge.

As for the original question, I don't think you're going to get much smaller with the Nano. A few mechs were mentioned, might be options. You'd lose the protection circuitry though. That would be an issue for me personally, but I understand others are more comfortable with mechs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread