Joyetech Ego ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
Does anyone know how many amps the Ego one can take when charging? I plugged it into my charger from my new phone and my understanding is that only phones capable of quick charging would draw extra current. Anyway, I helped my son do something and 10 minutes later this thing was scorching hot. Most car adapters now are 2 amps output or so. Has anyone tested the Ego one with one of these? Looking at a dual car adapter to quick charge my phone and also power my ego one.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Does anyone know how many amps the Ego one can take when charging? I plugged it into my charger from my new phone and my understanding is that only phones capable of quick charging would draw extra current. Anyway, I helped my son do something and 10 minutes later this thing was scorching hot. Most car adapters now are 2 amps output or so. Has anyone tested the Ego one with one of these? Looking at a dual car adapter to quick charge my phone and also power my ego one.

I don't Know what the Max Charging Amps are for your eGo One.

But I do know that if you Every charge a Rechargeable Battery and the Battery gets Scorching Hot, that the Battery has Most Likely been Damaged. And I wouldn't recommend using it.

eww245

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2014
PA
I charge with a 2.4 amp charger and no issues. It does get a bit warm regardless if it's 1amp or 2amps. Most batteries will only pull the amps needed to charge itself.

eww245

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2014
PA
OT - But I've been running this Top Fill for a couple of Weeks.

3546700-7.jpg

$12.63 SUBTANK Mini Styled BCC Clearomizer - 3.5ml / RBA coil head 0.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Love it.
I've thought about getting that one in black but i always find myself using the smaller tanks, ego one, subtank nano, gs air. My 22mm tanks don't get much use at all. I've passed up may good looking 22mm tanks because of my problem. Though I am really liking the looks of the TFV4 mini and am quite tempted.

Reactions: aikanae1

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Hey! My Venti battery is now not working right. Had it in use daily since Sept. and now the firing button is stuck. Do not feel any click when pressing it. Darn! I have been taking care of this one surprised the button is troubling. Did not see anything stuck in the openings and I tried to pull it to no avail.
Anyone know how to take this apart? I checked but could not find any info. Thanks in advance......

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey! My Venti battery is now not working right. Had it in use daily since Sept. and now the firing button is stuck. Do not feel any click when pressing it. Darn! I have been taking care of this one surprised the button is troubling. Did not see anything stuck in the openings and I tried to pull it to no avail.
Anyone know how to take this apart? I checked but could not find any info. Thanks in advance......

Well Damn... That Isn't good.

I'm looking at my Venti, there Isn't much clearance between the Button and the Body.

First thing. Are you still under Warrantee? Because if you are, I would do Nothing until you hear from you Retailer or Wismec.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Well Damn... That Isn't good.

I'm looking at my Venti, there Isn't much clearance between the Button and the Body.

First thing. Are you still under Warrantee? Because if you are, I would do Nothing until you hear from you Retailer or Wismec.

Thanks for reminding me and I realized it is on the nose to expire. Warranty is 90 days as stated on Wismec site and I ordered it from SV on Sept. 6.
Emailed directly to Wismec and just got a reply from them today ....
"Dear friend,

Thanks for your email and sorry for the delayed reply.

Which country are you in?
Would you please take a short video for our confirmation?
Please offer the purchase invoice.
Moreover, you should contact the seller for some help firstly.
And one thing you need to know is that our dealers have the obligation to do this for end-users like you, it is the most convenient for you.

Best wishes!
Dear friend,"

Oh boy!
I stated that a brief video would not be much of a help but if they insist on it, I will send one from the phone. No plm!
I contacted SV as well replied to Wismec. We will see.......

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
BTW,

I just got the Innokin Inow battery which is similar to Ego ONE mega/Ijust 2.
It is only 2,000 mah, same diameter but a little taller. There are five bright small LEDs on the side showing battery life when pressing fire button. There is also a LED around fire button and this along with battery life LEDs are very bright which is a big plus. I ordered this because I dropped the Ijust 2 battery on concrete and somehow the firing button got stuck.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Cloupor I3 One Device with 10W 15W 20W Power Level and SS316L OCC

Cloupor I3 similar to Ego ONE 19mm 1100mah with XL tank.
Looks nice but there are only three power settings, 10, 15 and 20 Watts.
Wonder if coils are proprietary? One plus here is the RBA coil, how good it is, is yet to see.

Unless I want a small one, I would prefer Ego ONE VT.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for reminding me and I realized it is on the nose to expire. Warranty is 90 days as stated on Wismec site and I ordered it from SV on Sept. 6.
Emailed directly to Wismec and just got a reply from them today ....
"Dear friend,

Thanks for your email and sorry for the delayed reply.

Which country are you in?
Would you please take a short video for our confirmation?
Please offer the purchase invoice.
Moreover, you should contact the seller for some help firstly.
And one thing you need to know is that our dealers have the obligation to do this for end-users like you, it is the most convenient for you.

Best wishes!
Dear friend,"

Oh boy!
I stated that a brief video would not be much of a help but if they insist on it, I will send one from the phone. No plm!
I contacted SV as well replied to Wismec. We will see.......

Yeah... I figured you were probably right on the Cusp of your Warrantee Expiring.

SV can be kinda Slow to reply to e-Mails. But they do honor Warrantees pretty well.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Cloupor I3 One Device with 10W 15W 20W Power Level and SS316L OCC

Cloupor I3 similar to Ego ONE 19mm 1100mah with XL tank.
Looks nice but there are only three power settings, 10, 15 and 20 Watts.
Wonder if coils are proprietary? One plus here is the RBA coil, how good it is, is yet to see.

Unless I want a small one, I would prefer Ego ONE VT.

Those I3 RBA Head look Very Similar to the eGo One RBA Heads. I wonder if they are Interchangeable?

$2.61 Authentic Cloupor i3 Replacement RBA Coil Head at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
could not resist and went ahead to order the X6 Plus from Gearbest (US warehouse( for 22 bucks something shipped. What appealed to me was that they claim this one can go down to .1 ohm/100W. We will see......

For that Price, it's kinda hard not to.

That was what I was Spending on Cigarettes in 3 Days when I Smoked. Every 3 Days.

Jkgato

Dec 1, 2015
I use my car adapter for charging my ego one... No problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread