Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Now I am curious awaiting your report. The tank seem nice and it is clear glass which I like. If it holds 4 ml, that is good enough for me too.

Yeah... It was the Glass tank that caught my eye.

I really like the eGo One CLR coils. And the Tip a member gave me about trapping the Coil/Mandrel using the Coil Cap makes building them Even Easier.

But the Small Tank e-liquid Windows drive me Crazy. And the Only other 22mm Tank I can find that is Guaranteed to use eGo One coils is the Wismec Amor.

So if this Kamry X6 Plus tank works, I;m set. If it Doesn't, then I'll get a Wismec Amor tank.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Yeah... It was the Glass tank that caught my eye.

I really like the eGo One CLR coils. And the Tip a member gave me about trapping the Coil/Mandrel using the Coil Cap makes building them Even Easier.

But the Small Tank e-Liquid Windows drive me Crazy. And the Only other 22mm Tank I can find that is Guaranteed to use eGo One coils is the Wismec Amor.

So if this Kamry X6 Plus tank works, I;m set. If it Doesn't, then I'll get a Wismec Amor tank.

LOL
Seem you and me are in the exact same boat!
I love those CLR coils for the flexibility.
Amor tank is a bit smaller in capacity than X6 plus if I recall......
However, replaceable battery in this semi mech mod is appealing.
I have Ego ONE 1100 battery, Ijust 2 and Venti. Love them all as I do not have to fiddle with the settings.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Intrigued...

It's a Great Technique. Because it holds the Coil in place while you put the Rubber Grommet and End Plug in.

I use the Mandrel from a Coil Wrapping Tool.

my technique is wrap a 3.0mm
then insert a plastic Q tip stock into coil
place that into coil body slots
screw the CLR cap back on
and it lightly holds it all in place

a nice trick is to screw the flow ring up a few threads
to get the coil height you prefer...

once bottom is assembled
unscrew cap, Qtip falls out...

:)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
It's a Great Technique. Because it holds the Coil in place while you put the Rubber Grommet and End Plug in.

I use the Mandrel from a Coil Wrapping Tool.
HF LOL 1.png
HF cool waa sup 2.png

hope it makes the vaping game just a little easier...

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
It is a new brand and some vendors in US are carrying most of Wismec's products except for Amor.
Hopefully it pops up here soon.
yepper, sorta a big umbrella operation

[ joye eleaf iSMOKA wismec ]

have not seen the AMOR at any of "my" vendors yet...

kinda like that fat Venti
that and a iJust2 would be a cool combo...
{then add the new ego one VT} tube mods gone wild................

:|

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well... My Kamry 18350 X6 Plus arrived. 18 Days in transit from GearBest.

The Mod: Looks Great. Good Build Quality. Nice Fit and Finish. Great Size, 60mm Long.
The Tank: Good Build Quality. Easy to Fill. 3.5ml Capacity. Airflow Ring is a Tad Loose, but Not too bad.

Do eGo ONE Coils work in it?

No. Not Out of the Box. :mad:

The eGo ONE Coils are Exactly the Same from the Threads Up. Same Diameter. Same Length. Everything is Same - Same. From the Threads Up.

What is Different is the Contact Plug on the Bottom of the Coil. It is about 3mm Long than the eGo ONE Coils. It is Also has no Air Hole on the Bottom. So if you Screw in an Ego ONE Coil, the eGo ONE Coil Doesn't Make Contact with the 510 Pin in Tank Base. And the Kamrr Contact Plug didn't fit into an eGo Coil.

So here's what I did...

I poked around in the "Bone Yard" Box of Old Hardware looking for a 510 Atomizer Pin that was Longer than the one that came in the Kamry Tank.

The First Atomizer Pin that I checked, a Kanger Subtank Nano, was Much Longer. Cool! So I plugged the ST Nano Pin into the Kamry Base. Things are were looking Great!

Screwed in an eGo Once Coil. It Didn't seem to push the Pin out. (Wow, this is going to be Easy). Popped the Tank on an APV Mod and hit the Power Button. Nothing. "No Atomizer". F#&@%^* !

What's Going On? That ST Nano Pin should have been Long Enough. In fact, it should have been Too Long. Hmmm?

So I took everything apart and then it Dawned on me what was Going On. The ST Nano Pin was Long Enough, but since the eGo One Coils have a Hole in the Bottom of the Contact Plug, the ST Nano Pin was just going into the Coil. And Not Making Contact.

LOL

OK... A Little Set-Back. But then I though... "What would happen if I Flipped the ST Nano Pin around so the Big End was inside the Tank Base. And the Small End was poking out the 510 Connector?"

So That's what I did. And it Worked! Kinda.

Now I could feel that the ST Nano Pin was making Contact with the eGo ONE Coil. But there was Too Much Pin sticking out of the 510 Connector. Dremel Time!

With the eGo ONE Coil screwed in, and keeping the ST Nano Pin from push into the Tank Base, I Dremeled down the Length until it was Sticking Out about as much as Any Other Atomizer.

And Guess What....? It Worked! It Worked Perfectly.

I'm hitting on it as I Type This. And it Works Great. No Leaks. No Ohm Fluctuations. No Runs. No Drips. No Errors.

I wonder if I am the 1st Person in the History of the Known Universe to use an eGo One Coil in a Kamry X6 Plus Tank?

LOL

--------

TL/DR

So to Make a Short Story Long. This Kamry X6 Plus Tank can use eGo ONE Coils if one has a 510 Pin which has a 3.2mm (or so) Diameter Shank and is at Least 8mm Long. That, and a Dremel and or a Small File.

So I Can't Recommend this Set-Up to Anyone wanting to run eGo ONE Coils in it right out of the Box. But if you have a Longer 510 Atomizer Pin, and like work on things like this, there is a Good Chance you could get it Going.

Reactions: Jin_888

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
Well... My Kamry 18350 X6 Plus arrived. 18 Days in transit from GearBest.

The Mod: Looks Great. Good Build Quality. Nice Fit and Finish. Great Size, 60mm Long.
The Tank: Good Build Quality. Easy to Fill. 3.5ml Capacity. Airflow Ring is a Tad Loose, but Not too bad.

Do eGo ONE Coils work in it?

No. Not Out of the Box. :mad:

The eGo ONE Coils are Exactly the Same from the Threads Up. Same Diameter. Same Length. Everything is Same - Same. From the Threads Up.

What is Different is the Contact Plug on the Bottom of the Coil. It is about 3mm Long than the eGo ONE Coils. It is Also has no Air Hole on the Bottom. So if you Screw in an Ego ONE Coil, the eGo ONE Coil Doesn't Make Contact with the 510 Pin in Tank Base. And the Kamrr Contact Plug didn't fit into an eGo Coil.

So here's what I did...

I poked around in the "Bone Yard" Box of Old Hardware looking for a 510 Atomizer Pin that was Longer than the one that came in the Kamry Tank.

The First Atomizer Pin that I checked, a Kanger Subtank Nano, was Much Longer. Cool! So I plugged the ST Nano Pin into the Kamry Base. Things are were looking Great!

Screwed in an eGo Once Coil. It Didn't seem to push the Pin out. (Wow, this is going to be Easy). Popped the Tank on an APV Mod and hit the Power Button. Nothing. "No Atomizer". F#&@%^* !

What's Going On? That ST Nano Pin should have been Long Enough. In fact, it should have been Too Long. Hmmm?

So I took everything apart and then it Dawned on me what was Going On. The ST Nano Pin was Long Enough, but since the eGo One Coils have a Hole in the Bottom of the Contact Plug, the ST Nano Pin was just going into the Coil. And Not Making Contact.

LOL

OK... A Little Set-Back. But then I though... "What would happen if I Flipped the ST Nano Pin around so the Big End was inside the Tank Base. And the Small End was poking out the 510 Connector?"

So That's what I did. And it Worked! Kinda.

Now I could feel that the ST Nano Pin was making Contact with the eGo ONE Coil. But there was Too Much Pin sticking out of the 510 Connector. Dremel Time!

With the eGo ONE Coil screwed in, and keeping the ST Nano Pin from push into the Tank Base, I Dremeled down the Length until it was Sticking Out about as much as Any Other Atomizer.

And Guess What....? It Worked! It Worked Perfectly.

I'm hitting on it as I Type This. And it Works Great. No Leaks. No Ohm Fluctuations. No Runs. No Drips. No Errors.

I wonder if I am the 1st Person in the History of the Known Universe to use an eGo One Coil in a Kamry X6 Plus Tank?

LOL

--------

TL/DR

So to Make a Short Story Long. This Kamry X6 Plus Tank can use eGo ONE Coils if one has a 510 Pin which has a 3.2mm (or so) Diameter Shank and is at Least 8mm Long. That, and a Dremel and or a Small File.

So I Can't Recommend this Set-Up to Anyone wanting to run eGo ONE Coils in it right out of the Box. But if you have a Longer 510 Atomizer Pin, and like work on things like this, there is a Good Chance you could get it Going.

Aha, wow........ that was very good done man......

Now, you say that the contact pin can not be switched with an Ego ONE cl/clr coil?
Is it bigger than the Ego ONE?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Aha, wow........ that was very good done man......

Now, you say that the contact pin can not be switched with an Ego ONE cl/clr coil?
Is it bigger than the Ego ONE?

It is.

When I first saw the Kamry Coil I thought this will be a Snap. Just Swap Contact on the Kamry to the eGo One and, Bingo-Bango, I'm done.

But No Luck. The one on the Kamry has a Larger Diameter. That is what Prompted me to do the 510 Pin Replacement.

I'll tell you though. The Work was worth it to have a Nice, 3.5ml Tank, that I can see the e-Liquid level from Any Angle.

Mini Patel

Unresolved Status
Jun 19, 2015
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier - Robino1

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Kanger have put a Subtank Nano on a tube battery and come up with an eGo One with more sensible liquid view and better looking switch.

Reminds me of when I put my Nano on my eGo One battery.

Note the coil heads are different and look like the ones used in the new Nebox - but since it is a Nano tank it can also take the older cubed ones.

SUBVOD_-02.jpg

Kanger SUBVOD Starter kit

No variable power as far as I know though. Deal breaker for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread