Status
Not open for further replies.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hi everyone,

For some reason I'm not able to post in my usual "home" the New Members Forum. I'm hoping the mods will move this post if I'm in the wrong place.

My ego one doesn't seem to be threading properly and is not working. The last couple of times I've refilled the juice and screw everything back together it's not working properly. When I try to adjust the airflow the battery unscrews as does the tank. So I try to hold the airflow ring in place and then screw/unscrew the tank.

By fiddling with it I did eventually get the unit to work. But not anymore.

I've taken it apart several times, tried to screw it back in gently (I've never forced it) but it's just not working now.

The light comes on as usual and it's firing up but when I try to take a hit off it...nothing. I've checked to make sure the coil is screwed in properly as well. This happened with my alternate ego one but it was due to a loose coil.

The unit is also leaking *sigh*.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
is it possible when you took it apart you lost a O ring that goes to the air flow area? I am not familiar with your unit set up however you mentioned having to hold the airflow when unscrewing. I myself have had this issue after accidentally losing my O ring off my airflow portion of my tank. you might want to check a you tube video on your unit to see if a 0 ring belongs in that area and how to correctly assemble your unit. the video should go over assembly step by step so you can see where and if your making a error. I do hope this helps. I wish you the best.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
@realsis So I took the unit apart to check the O ring. It's still there. Hmm...

Once again, I carefully wiped all the parts then refilled as it had leaked. I decided to swap the battery from my other ego one to make sure it wasn't a battery issue (pretty sure it wasn't as it isn't threading issue).

Carefully screwed the other battery on the unit, took a draw and *POOF!* it worked! Unscrewed the battery, put the original battery back on, crossed my fingers...it's working! What the???

I have no idea why it's working now. I'd simply repeated what I'd done previously. ..wiped, cleaned, screwed, unscrewed etc. For whatever reason it's fine at the moment.

Happy dance!!

Thanks again for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread