Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Now there's this....

Preorder from for $20: Ehpro bachelor tank - $19.99

Looks very enticing...

I'm gonna wait to see more details of the deck to make a better guess about whether I'd like building on it or not. But it does look promising as another no compromise single coil RTA, along with Serpent, which I've had for a few weeks and am really impressed with. It's good to see single coil RTAs getting some love from designers lately. Never could get my Lemo 2 to where I liked it.

Thanks for the thread.

Last edited:

swayback

Nov 20, 2015
Vapinheathen just put a review up for it, he was obviously impressed and from what I saw, it looked good! Especially at $20!
He said flavor was outstanding and building in it was a breeze!
He had a clapton in his, said the prebuilt coils look like 22g but 20g fit just fine too!
I'd wager that if claptons fit, you could fit some much thicker wire in it! I know it's not common for people to have or use anything thicker than 20, but it has a nice wide deck, 9-10 wraps of 16g would be pretty intense!

Reactions: TheWestPole

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Vapinheathen just put a review up for it, he was obviously impressed and from what I saw, it looked good! Especially at $20!
He said flavor was outstanding and building in it was a breeze!
He had a clapton in his, said the prebuilt coils look like 22g but 20g fit just fine too!
I'd wager that if claptons fit, you could fit some much thicker wire in it! I know it's not common for people to have or use anything thicker than 20, but it has a nice wide deck, 9-10 wraps of 16g would be pretty intense!
That was the vid I embedded in the first post. I wish he had removed the coil so we could see the holes for the leads though...

Reactions: MMW

swayback

Nov 20, 2015
16g? Why?

Lower resistance

There's a video floating around where someone uses 16g core, wrapped with 40g for the Clapton, nothing else... He's got it on a mech tube and vapor production was insane!
It reminded me of someone hammering down on a diesel... Vaper to dense to see through .... straight out from it about 4 feet... It really was insane!
All due to the extreme low resistance of the 16g coupled with the ridiculous amount of surface area the 40g created!
I'd imagine wrapping that took ages... 1000 wraps of
40g for a 6 inch section of wire lol.
Clearly not a build for day to day vaping, but for some I guess it would have its place.
In the embedded vid, billy had 4-5 wraps of geekvape Clapton I think it was 28/32, not sure, and it clocked in at 1.2 ohm, that not nearly as low as id expect, and not nearly low enough for lots of vapers... Personall I could care less what the resistance is, as long it provided a quality vape.

Last edited:

swayback

Nov 20, 2015
That was the vid I embedded in the first post. I wish he had removed the coil so we could see the holes for the leads though...

Oops, my ancient phone is slow to load, it hadn't even displayed an embedded vid by the time I scrolled past... He really seemed quite fond of it, and it looked well made!
I'm not very experienced with rtas, I don't even have one, nor have I built anything single coil, my rdas are either dual coil or ones that you cut off one sides airflow to use for single, something about that style makes me think it would be a poor representation of what single coil is really like...
I've not had any complaints with my dual coil builds, obviously it's twice the wire and atleast twice the work to use, but I've enjoyed them in dual mode.
I've also read of several single coil users trying duals for first time and commenting how much more they liked it and wouldn't be going back...
That said, it would clearly depend on your build and design of the rda/rta as to how they perform.

I'm only 4 months cig free, and pretty strapped for cash. So my gear and experience is pretty limited compared to lots of folks, on the other hand, my rule is to spend no more than my cig budget on vape gear... Me and the wife together smoked about 3 packs a day. That's expensive! So it does give me plenty to play with, no complaints... I'm sure in time I'll have more gear than I know what to do with... I'm already pushing it in some aspects.

Last edited:

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Do you know how long that would take to ramp up? You would have to throw a ton of watts at it for no other reason than to throw a ton of watts at it. Be better off with a triple parallel build with a smaller gauge wire like 28g. Or if you "need" lower resistance use a stainless or venture into TC.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Eldredge

swayback

Nov 20, 2015
Do you know how long that would take to ramp up? You would have to throw a ton of watts at it for no other reason than to throw a ton of watts at it. Be better off with a triple parallel build with a smaller gauge wire like 28g.

I just edited my original response, sort of explaining...
Personally I'd have little interest but some people might, I was just pointing out that it would likely fit is all.
I'd agree that a more complex build using thinner wire would almost certainly provide a better vape, but different strokes for different folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread