Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Now this is Iconic...

And this.. :laugh:

340x.gif

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
My favorite, also!! And both of my 30something kids have this song and a few other Simon and Garfunkel songs always on their playlists. Timeless!

I remember my favorite English class, (10th grade English Comp, maybe???) we had a young teacher who had just started teaching. She loved Simon and Garfunkel, too - our assignments were always interpreting or comparing and contrasting the lyrics to their songs. I can still remember her asking "What do you think they meant by 'the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls, and tenement halls?' I thought she was THE COOLEST!
In 11th grade, I took a class in Poetry and Popular Music. The final assignment in that class and 50% of your grade involved taking a popular song and writing a 10 page essay on what you thought the singer was trying to convey with the lyrics of the song. Mine was Rocky Mountain High by John Denver. I wrote 15 pages instead of 10 and covered every syllable of that song! It earned me an A+ for the class and it went with the teacher.

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
In 11th grade, I took a class in Poetry and Popular Music. The final assignment in that class and 50% of your grade involved taking a popular song and writing a 10 page essay on what you thought the singer was trying to convey with the lyrics of the song. Mine was Rocky Mountain High by John Denver. I wrote 15 pages instead of 10 and covered every syllable of that song! It earned me an A+ for the class and it went with the teacher.
OH! I LOVE "You Fill Up My Senses". I used to sing that to my baby girl when she was first born. :wub:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
but does not belong in the number 1 spot.

this was a computer-generated list (some guy wrote the software just for that purpose) and commissioned by fiat in search of the best song to use for one of their ads :facepalm:

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
What a great story, Lynn. I hear "Rocky Mountain High" now and then on the radio -- and now I will think of you every time!
OMG, I haven't thought of "You Fill Up My Senses" in a long time .... great song! LVM, you have to play that for your granddaughter when she gets here!
When I was pregnant with my oldest, I remember listening to "Teach Your Children" (Crosby, Stills, Nash) and the rest of that album for hours in the summer heat waiting to POP that baby out. Hearing it now still gives me a funny feeling! Daughter still plays that one once in a while.

Such a huge influence music has on us. A single note or two and INSTANTLY you know what the song was, where you were, what was going on in your life at the time, and so many other subtleties. And so interesting how songs and sounds and lyrics can stay in your mind for untold years, while other things are so short term, they can't be recalled even over a small period of time.
Scent is like that for me, too -- but that's a whole 'nother story!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Scent is like that for me too Nanny. When I smell sugar cookies, I instantly think of my grandmother. Even though she didn't bake a lot(she was busy sewing for other people, raising her 6 kids that were still at home, plus at least 4 grandkids at all times, plus her sister's daughter) her house always smelled like sugar cookies. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread