Status
Not open for further replies.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
when did you buy it and where?
It was PIFed to me by a friend about 3 months ago. So I cant return for an exchange or refund. I didnt feel safe having it in the house so I dissasembled it again and cut the wires to the batteries so I didnt have to worry about it anymore. It was a real shame I really liked it a lot and I PIFed all the old gear I had to family and friends who wanted to give vaping a try and now i am stuck with squat :( lesson learned, always have a back up!!!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I once had an order from China arrive in Chicago after 5 days. Then it went South and West to Kansas City, then to a town North of my town. It took 9 days after arrival in Chicago to get to my mailbox. I hope you have better luck.
Me too!!

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
It was PIFed to me by a friend about 3 months ago. So I cant return for an exchange or refund. I didnt feel safe having it in the house so I dissasembled it again and cut the wires to the batteries so I didnt have to worry about it anymore. It was a real shame I really liked it a lot and I PIFed all the old gear I had to family and friends who wanted to give vaping a try and now i am stuck with squat :( lesson learned, always have a back up!!!

sorry! :( but since you're verified have you checked the classies? you can also start a thread there under 'wanted to buy' i believe.
good luck!

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Well, It did it again! this time it didnt want to stop I had to hurry and unscrew the RDA off of it. Now the question is how do I throw this thing away safely? and can anyone recommend anything for around 15 bucks? :(
I ended up buying a Kbox 40W to replace my iStick 50w. No screen, uses rechargable 18650 batteries, but the price is right. VaporBeast has it for $17.96 - 10% off with code "yeahbaby". $3 shipping I think. I already had batteries and a charger anyways. If you need the built in battery I agree the iStick 30w is a good choice for the $.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Conversation started...:)

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Okay so i've read a ton about the istick and i just want a confirmation from you guys if thats ok :)
I'm personally a replaceable battery kind of guy, but i have a friend that needs an upgrade from a joyetech pen. She doesn't want to fiddle with batteries and chargers, so i'm thinking of recommending her the istick 30. She can get it at 24$ from FT or 55.8$ (!!!) from a local vapeshop.
Question is, can i in good faith order the istick 30 from FT and be confident that it will not cause her problems? She is tight with money and i'd hate it if i recommended her something that turns out defective, or god forbid hazardous. Is there some autofire test like with the cloupor?

Cheers!

Reactions: NancyB

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Okay so i've read a ton about the istick and i just want a confirmation from you guys if thats ok :)
I'm personally a replaceable battery kind of guy, but i have a friend that needs an upgrade from a joyetech pen. She doesn't want to fiddle with batteries and chargers, so i'm thinking of recommending her the istick 30. She can get it at 24$ from FT or 55.8$ (!!!) from a local vapeshop.
Question is, can i in good faith order the istick 30 from FT and be confident that it will not cause her problems? She is tight with money and i'd hate it if i recommended her something that turns out defective, or god forbid hazardous. Is there some autofire test like with the cloupor?

Cheers!

the 30 watt as been mostly problem-free, but as with any electronic device it happens. ft honors the warranty per video if something should go wrong, i'm pretty sure.

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA

Cheers!

My experience with the Istick 30w has been nothing but good, its small so very portable and it has very good battey life. I exclusivly use it to run a STM nano and it easily lasts all day and well into the next day, with battery life to spare. (then the OCD in me puts it on charge whether it needs it or not:).). I have been running it daily since April.

For the price, Its a good little dependable mod imho. :thumb:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I also have three TC mods, two of the same that you've mentioned (TC40) and SXminiM)

As they say "apples and oranges" here. While the SX Mini will go into "dry coil" protection mode it has nothing to do with your temperature setting, rather it has everything to do with how fast the coils temperature is ramping compared to the SXminiM's internal calculation. (and absolutely NOTHING to do with a iStick TC40W, who cares what your SXminiM does?)

While it may have some sort of eLeaf's own "dry coil" detection/protection I can't find any indication (or reference) that the TC40W has this feature.

Exactly. Just because a top-of-the-line (and way much more expensive) mod has a 'dry coil' detection feature we surely can't assume that 'temperature protection' means the same thing on the eleaf TC40W.

One of my TC mods will show a regulated temperature for up to 15sec (limit of pull/hit timer), the SXminiM will show a regulated temperature (and show the variable voltage used to regulate it) as long as you hold the fire button and the coil is wet.

While vaping the same tanks on the cute little (and inexpensive) TC40W (and using a mirror to see what the display is doing) it appears that the TC40W will go into 'temperature protection' (TP) and then re-fire at <40W until TP, re-fire at some different wattage until TP and on and on. It would appear to me that this is how this TC mod operates. It flashes TP a few times a second. Once a 'sweet spot' is found, it vapes just as well as my ~$200 SXminiM.

On the one I have it does not matter which tank, coil or build I use, the TC40W in TC mode constantly flashes the 'TP' while the fire button is activated and I'm drawing vapor or not.

I'm happy with my purchase of the TC40W, Bikenstein what color did you get?
I don't have a TC40 but I tried TC with my Evic VT yesterday. It does the same as the TC40. It will read temperature in degrees until it reaches the preset then it reads Temperature Protection until the temp drops below the preset and reads degrees until it reaches the preset again, then it reads Temp Protect again. It is just a readout and not necessarily describing an action in the best manner. If they are going to call it a TC mod then it should read Temp Control instead. Otherwise call it a TP40w. My SX Mini displays the temp during the whole time you vape. It tells you how high the temp is above and below the set point so you can see how well it is holding temp.
A $200 mod yes but so is the VaporShark rDNA 40 (which is similar to these). Temperature protection should have one meaning, to protect the temp of a coil and wick. I guess Joyetech and iSmoka thinks it means to protect the temp of your juice from goin higher than you like.:) All in all the Evic works but I would rather it adjust lower than 30w in TC (TP?) mode. It spends more time in TP above the set temp than it does below it even when it's output is down around 9 or 10 watts or less. That makes me think the 30 watt minimum is way overshooting the set temp and they don't want you to see it so they show it as temp protect. Or it was just designed that way by fault or other intent. My guess is they will eventually give a readout of the temp all the way through like the SX does. So far I'll still recommend the VT, especially for the price. That's all I'm sayin on this subject. I'm done, it's been way overanalyzed, I say just set the temp where you like it and vape like you do with any other mod. :)

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I am pretty sure I saw a case for the TC Istick on Sweet-Vapes. I can't remember if it was in stock yet or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet Vapes only honors a 30 day warranty on isticks. Evape.us and others do the full 90 day iSmoka manufacturer's warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread