evic non responsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. yuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
beaver falls, pennsylvania
o.k. my evic had been working great had it about a week yesterday it needed to be charged so hooked to puter, viewing joyetech site noticed mvr upgrade v 1.3 installed well took most of day for evic to charge got to 99% and held there i finally disconnected it now it will not power up nothing i've been researching all day with no fix as of yetgetting a control verify 110 error any ideas out ther be nice if the heads had like a hard reset button or the like

Last edited:

HPloco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
I get around
Here is how I fixed mine after a bad flash:

*****Use the usb cord that came with your eVic. Its connectors are a bit different*****

1- With the battery in its tube unscrew the battery tube (its easier this way), and walk away for a few min (a trip to the fridge should do it)

2- Locate the MVR folder. (usually C:\Program Files\My Vapor Record\)

----A- If you have 1.0 to 1.2
------a- Copy the code.bin file from the HEX folder to the desktop (you will need it later to re-flash)
------b- Uncompress this file into the HEX folder

----B- If you have 1.3
------a- Copy the code_english.bin (for english, yes since MVR 1.3 the eVic can display other languages) to the desktop (you will need it later to reflash)
------b- Uncompress this file into the HEX folder
------c- Rename code.bin to code_english.bin

3- With the battery out press the fire button 3 times and hold on the third time

4- With the fire button still held start the MVR software

5- (tricky part) With the button held in screw in the battery tube (its easier the trying to put the battery in and screwing in the cap while holding the button), keep it held for about 3 seconds and release.

6- "Upgrade" your eVic and follow prompts (remember to disconnect your eVic). At this point if you hit the fire button on your eVic the screen will say something like "factory parameters reset".

7- Put the code file back from step 2

8- "Upgrade" your eVic and its should be working again.

Joe51

Jan 22, 2013
arkansas
mine had a similar problem. Right out the box I tried to update it to 1.3. Didn't take, and evic would do nothing. I tried the instructions above and the exact instructions for a factory reset. Nothing seemed to work.....

Finally the answer was as simple as switching the USB port I was using. Not sure why, but it caused my laptop to re-download drivers, which finally woke up the evic.

The key to a successful firmware update is to make sure that a line of communication is open before you start. Read records from evic and write settings changes in. If you can get info out and put info in, then attempt an update. Also make sure you don't have any scheduled events coming on your computer. Communication issues during a firmware update are ugly.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well, I have a buddies eVic head here trying to figure out its issues.
I was able to connect to MVR and upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2 successfully. I can re-connect and read all settings on the eVic. Even went back and added his name, switched from VV to VW and set Watts through MVR. MVR Reads eVic info fine and writes changes without issues.

Problem is, No reaction at all is not connected to usb. Will NOT power up. Also will Not vape in Charge mode. Acts as if it is not accepting Battery input. Yes, I have a 1/2 dozen 18650's, all charged.

Jetmec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
SC
Well, I have a buddies eVic head here trying to figure out its issues.
I was able to connect to MVR and upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2 successfully. I can re-connect and read all settings on the eVic. Even went back and added his name, switched from VV to VW and set Watts through MVR. MVR Reads eVic info fine and writes changes without issues.

Problem is, No reaction at all is not connected to usb. Will NOT power up. Also will Not VAPE in Charge mode. Acts as if it is not accepting Battery input. Yes, I have a 1/2 dozen 18650's, all charged.

Mt first evic is doing the same thing. I have had it for about 6 months I think got it in one of the first evic coops. I messed with it for about 4 hours today and did get it to work for about 3 min. It had been acting squirrely for about 2 weeks. But I have 2 evic backups and 2 sigelei zmax backups. So I may just open this one up to see what makes it tic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread