Not open for further replies.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Man, we get it, you like your tree box :D
Joking aside, i also used to have issues with this devices tc but now it's been working flawlessly for a long time, with multiple different coils and with dual coils. And since i can adjust my own TCR, it's completely accurate as well.
I'm sorry you had unresolvable issues, it would appear most of us have had them resolved.
I'm personally joining the "Best value for money 2015" club, while still remaining outside the joyetech fanboy club. As i also agree their customer service is terrible.

I wouldnt say most of you have had them resolved, im still seeing the same issue pop up around the place. Theres still the same thing being reported over at JoyeTech as late as a few hours ago. then theres the way anyone who reported the issue (thats still exists) was treated, ignored for weeks on end, then a few of us were sent the sneaky underhanded email with "beta firmware" which we were told we couldnt talk about and which seemed to (after talking to another member who finally revealed he had been sent a sneaky email) strangely exactly match and try to correct the exact resistance drop we individually had. When it looks and smells like theyve just tweaked the reported resistance to try and make it read the resistance you told them you were expecting, and then it still behaved as before, and dropped the resistance, then its pretty certian thats what they did. Particularly as no one in the mainstream ever saw this "beta firmware" in the wild. So you'll forgive me if im not a JoyeTech fan, because theyve acted completely dishonestly and dismissively of anyone who wouldnt just shut up and take the faulty device they were given (and then advised by their marketing department (when theyd emailed support) to buy a Ego One tank and cure everything). The reason why theres not more posts from thsoe who had the issues is because they gave up on JoyeTech and wisely moved on, plus they were getting trolled here by fanboys, so theres that..

But ill speak out against companies who treat the people whove paid their hard earned and treat them like crap, plus companies who endanger not only their customers (Kanger Nebox) but vaping as a whole as well. Anti vaping zealots love to see reports of unreliable and dangerous gear, its a free home run.

And if my telling the truth about JoyeTech costs them a dollar, all well and good by me. I didnt have a sig before tonight, but well my stance against JoyeTech's now in that for that reason, the Kanger Nebox added for safety issues

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Joking aside, i also used to have issues
I'm personally joining the "Best value for money 2015" club, while still remaining outside the joyetech fanboy club. As i also agree their customer service is terrible.

I'll agree with this mod as the best value of 2015. I'm certainly no fanboy either. My last joyetech product was the ego-c many years ago. But they hit a home run with this mod. Outperforms my dna40 mods for a quarter of the price. Rock solid device. I can't speak for their customer service as I've never tried to use it.

As for the resistance drop issue. Mine has done it was well, but I don't consider it a flaw. My dna40 devices do it to. It's called refinement and just about every coil I make settles in a little lower .01-.02 after vaping on it a bit and then letting the mod sit for a while. A simple adjust of temp once it refines and that's it. It never refines again after the first time.

seebo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
CT,USA
If it were the best mod of 2015, JoyeTech's own and this forum wouldnt have any of the countless negative reports...and id still own 2...

Just saying, for balance...far too many fanboys not representing the truth. Anyone considering buying one should first check my and other posts on them for the possible faults, and to see how youre treated by JoyeTech's customer service. err sorry, marketing department when things go wrong...heres a tip: when anything goes wrong with a JoyeTech mod, be prepared to be told you can fix anything by buying a JoyeTech tank.s
people often voice their opinions when they are negative, you often don't hear from all those who have no problems with the device.. while there are probably some legitimate problems some are having, a lot of them i bet are user problems. it seems like these days people who never even purchased a vaping device are now going straight to buying these more complex mods and they have no idea what they are doing. just yesterday i recall reading a post here about someone who bought the VTC mini and was asking what part of the mod is the coil and where it's located.. like really?

Last edited:

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
companies who endanger not only their customers (Kanger Nebox) but vaping as a whole as well.

What happened with the Nebox?

Now it's been working flawlessly for a long time, with multiple different coils and with dual coils. And since i can adjust my own TCR, it's completely accurate as well.

Was the dual coil issue only with SS or in general?

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
What happened with the Nebox?

The Nebox - if the coil runs dry theres no temperature protection (which is odd for a temp control device) so it will incinerate an Ni or Ti coil and give you a nice lung full of oxide.
And before you say but surely people will know the tanks getting empty, i have on 2 occasions ill be honest to say, tooted my Lemo 2 dry, and i think you'll agree that its
far more obvious in its juice level display, is the Lemo 2 :) but ive done it. Only my tc mods wont allow me to incinerate the coil , theyll just stop working.

This behaviour was found in a review, it was talked about here, some members were concerned enough to contact Kangertech on their forums only to then find the forum taken offline after,
and when it came back their comments were strangely missing, then a day later Kanger posted a rebuttal to the review video which is debatable, as the original reviewer
has since rebutted their rebuttal and said he will slam them online if they release another device with a similar safety issue. All fun and games....

The awful truth is maybe if this current sub $100 ($100 Aussie - where i am) mod glut needs to die and we pay a little more for properly built/tested and reliable and safe mods, I mean my first ever mod,m an MVP3 was $95 in March, it did 30w and was just vw. Solid as a rock. Fast forward 7 months or so and all these mods with enough features to give Q a semi start coming out for like AUD$75. Id happily pay $20 more for a better made/properly tested and reliable and safe device. And the release schedule is bonkers, something new every time you turn around. I was speaking to pbusardo during the time of my VTC Mini hell and he commented to me that even he's tired fo the release cycle these days. Oh, the wind changed, heres another mod vapers...

It will bring no one comfort to anyone to know id much prefer a peoples mod, or because im getting softer with age, maybe 1 to 3 mod models, lacking range but sturdily made and tested (and probably olive drab), but totally utilitarian - a device for its intended purpose, for quitting smoking. This is why i always point out to people when they ask me to be in charge of something, usually committees/groups, that they dont want me, because it would be like a stalinist dictatorship :) Sometimes they still ask me to be in charge, because im famous for getting things done and not backing down :)

I will jump out of here and let you get back to it people, i think ive made my point, probably hopefully enough times by now. The sig will continue to apply the scorn to JoyeTech thats necessary.

Have a good holiday season everyone (except JoyeTech, as an entity, not individual workers)

Last edited:

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Treebox..gimme a break already and move on. We get it, you have a bone to pick with Joyetech. Well go pick that bone with them and leave this thread alone. There's already a ton of crap to wade through as it is. Now let people talk about the new firmware and be productive in here.

Devlinukr

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
W
Treebox..gimme a break already and move on. We get it, you have a bone to pick with Joyetech. Well go pick that bone with them and leave this thread alone. There's already a ton of crap to wade through as it is. Now let people talk about the new firmware and be productive in here.

QFT.

I absolutely love the Evic VTC mini. Coming from another Smok product the X-Cube II I couldn't be happier, this much smaller, lighter device absolutely outperforms it in every way apart from the obvious battery life.

Smok made people pay extra for TC which they activated via their Smok account. Someone could try to access your account five times and your account would be locked, forever.

Reactions: cobalt327

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The Nebox - if the coil runs dry theres no temperature protection (which is odd for a temp control device) so it will incinerate an Ni or Ti coil and give you a nice lung full of oxied.
And before you say but surely people will know the tanks getting empty, i have on 2 occasions ill be honest to say, tooted my Lemo 2 dry, and i think you'll agree that its
far more obvious in its juice level display, is the Lemo 2 :) but ive done it. Only my tc mods wont allow me to incinerate the coil , theyll just stop working.

This behaviour was found in a review, it was talked about here, some members were concerned enough to contact Kangertech on their forums only to then find the forum taken offline after,
and when it came back their comments were strangely missing, then a day later Kanger posted a rebuttal to the review video which is debatable, as the original reviewer
has since rebutted their rebuttal and said he will slam them online if they release another device with a similar safety issue. All fun and games....

The awful truth is maybe if this current sub $100 ($100 Aussie - where i am) mod glut needs to die and we pay a little more for properly built/tested and reliable and safe mods, I mean my first ever mod,m an MVP3 was $95 in March, it did 30w and was just vw. Solid as a rock. Fast forward 7 months or so and all these mods with enough features to give Q a semi start coming out for like AUD$75. Id happily pay $20 more for a better made/properly tested and reliable and safe device. And the release schedule is bonkers, something new every time you turn around. I was speaking to pbusardo during the time of my VTC Mini hell and he commented to me that even he's tired fo the release cycle these days. Oh, the wind changed, heres another mod vapers...

It will bring no one comfort to anyone to know id much prefer a peoples mod, or because im getting softer with age, maybe 1 to 3 mod models, lacking range but sturdily made and tested (and probably olive drab), but totally utilitarian - a device for its intended purpose, for quitting smoking. This is why i always point out to people when they ask me to be in charge of something, usually committees/groups, that they dont want me, because it would be like a stalinist dictatorship :) Sometimes they still ask me to be in charge, because im famous for getting things done and not backing down :)

I will jump out of here and let you get back to it people, i think ive made my point, probably hopefully enough times by now. The sig will continue to apply the scorn to JoyeTech thats necessary.

Have a good holiday season everyone (except JoyeTech, as an entity, not individual workers)
I bought a Koopor Mini, it broke. Got a replacement from the vendor, that also broke. Got my money back. I'm still not blaming all Koopor (and Smok, many have had problems with the Xcube as well) products but acknowledge that sometimes there just are bad lemons. The same is true for high end products like dna200 devices. The more a product sells the more you'll find of the faulty lemons, and the Evic vtc mini has sold a lot.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: aldenf

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Sorry I misunderstood earlier. Yes, I've used the long + button press to reset counters in firmware 1.2 (one VTC mod) and 2.0 (two mods).
Thanks. Hadn't used it but once or twice and wasn't sure. Tried it after your post and it seemed too responsive to be done with the Up and/or Down. ☺

Jalcide

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
The ultimate TCR list, updated.
Where there were discrepancies, I cited the sources. It's up to you to decide which value to try.

Nickel DH: "0704" [0.007036]

Ni200: "0600" [0.00600] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
Ni200: "0620" [0.00620] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

Nifethal 70 (Alloy120): "0525" [0.00525]

NiFe30 (StealthVape): "0500" [0.00500]

Tungsten: "0450" [0.00450]

Nifethal 52 (Alloy52): "0404" [0.004036]

NiFe (Reactor Wire): "0400" [0.00400]

TitaniumGrade1: "0366" [0.00366] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
TitaniumGrade1: "0350" [0.00350] (According to the SX Mini Manual, @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

TitaniumGrade2: "0353" [0.003525]

NiFe30 (Resistherm): "0320" [0.00320]

SS410: "0155" [0.00155]

SS430: "0138" [0.00138]

Invar 36 / Nilo 36 / Pernifer 36: "0112" [0.001116]

SS304: "0102" [0.001016] (According to Steam-Engine)
SS304: "0105" [0.00105] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

SS316L: "0088" [0.000879] (According to Steam-Engine)
SS316L: "0092" [0.00092] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

SS316: "0088" [0.00088] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
SS316: "0092" [0.000915] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

SS317L: "0094" [0.00094] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
SS317L: "0088" [0.00088] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

SS317: "0088" [0.000875] (According to @DJLsbVapes)

I'll keep this updated over here on this thread (and to help keep this thread from getting derailed): The Ultimate TCR List

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Just a heads up had a real hard time getting the firmware 3.0 to recognize my two Evic mini.

Went crazy couldn't understand why. Since it was charging OK while I attempting to get it to recognize them. Funny though I've installed the 2.0 firmware with no problem before.

I use a laptop and because of only two USB connections I have a USB hub. Removed the hub and plugged directly into computer USB port - Firmware recognize devices and seconds later 3.0 installed.

Go figure...

Rekon

Dec 21, 2015
    Jalcide: appreciate all the numbers, very informative :) I assume now that real TC is working, its not the same as you mention as before.
    I switched to 0.25 coil now, and honestly I do not feel any difference, I'm not really sure what I should feel though :) I recently got into this, and it catched my interest.

To even get it remotely close to a "warm" vape in tc mode, I have to crank it like 280c , that is well over 500F I believe, is that normal?, do people who I see often down at 400-450 really get warm vapes? Dual coil seems like the "new" thing with prebuilt coils, even though it seems of what I've read around, single seems preferred.

In the SS316 mode that Joyetech have optimized for their own BF coil, which I think was single right? i need 250c instead of 280 with the TCR set for 316 for same heat of vape.
    wonder what they have it set to? :) I know I'm asking you a lot of questions, but you seem to know a lot of answers :) Maybe starting to build own coils is the right answer? for the "perfect" vape , but changing cotton once everyday seems like a hassle, but no pain no gain perhaps.

Reactions: Jalcide

jmarkus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 3, 2011
    CA USA
    The ultimate TCR list, updated.
    Where there were discrepancies, I cited the sources. It's up to you to decide which value to try.

Nickel DH: "0704" [0.007036]

Ni200: "0600" [0.00600] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
    Ni200: "0620" [0.00620] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

Nifethal 70 (Alloy120): "0525" [0.00525]

NiFe30 (StealthVape): "0500" [0.00500]

Tungsten: "0450" [0.00450]

Nifethal 52 (Alloy52): "0404" [0.004036]

NiFe (Reactor Wire): "0400" [0.00400]

TitaniumGrade1: "0366" [0.00366] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
    TitaniumGrade1: "0350" [0.00350] (According to the SX Mini Manual, @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

TitaniumGrade2: "0353" [0.003525]

NiFe30 (Resistherm): "0320" [0.00320]

SS410: "0155" [0.00155]

SS430: "0138" [0.00138]

Invar 36 / Nilo 36 / Pernifer 36: "0112" [0.001116]

SS304: "0102" [0.001016] (According to Steam-Engine)
    SS304: "0105" [0.00105] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

SS316L: "0088" [0.000879] (According to Steam-Engine)
    SS316L: "0092" [0.00092] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

SS316: "0088" [0.00088] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
    SS316: "0092" [0.000915] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

SS317L: "0094" [0.00094] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
    SS317L: "0088" [0.00088] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

SS317: "0088" [0.000875] (According to @DJLsbVapes)

there was also a titanium dry burn tcr (doubling the tcr and set to 500f or so) which takes the wire to about 1000F (still within the limits of not creating TiO2). i just tested it out on 26awg unkamen Ti 10watts/480f pulsing slowly and watching the wire turn from grey to yellow to eventually a glorious purple/blue. i did this using 4" of uncoiled wire to clean it before making a coil. worked great. it worked perfect on the dna200, and also seems to work on the evic vt mini!

Ti G1 dry burn: 0700

Jalcide

ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2015
    Jalcide: appreciate all the numbers, very informative :) I assume now that real TC is working, its not the same as you mention as before.
    I switched to 0.25 coil now, and honestly I do not feel any difference, I'm not really sure what I should feel though :) I recently got into this, and it catched my interest.

To even get it remotely close to a "warm" vape in tc mode, I have to crank it like 280c , that is well over 500F I believe, is that normal?, do people who I see often down at 400-450 really get warm vapes? Dual coil seems like the "new" thing with prebuilt coils, even though it seems of what I've read around, single seems preferred.

In the SS316 mode that Joyetech have optimized for their own BF coil, which I think was single right? i need 250c instead of 280 with the TCR set for 316 for same heat of vape.
    wonder what they have it set to? :) I know I'm asking you a lot of questions, but you seem to know a lot of answers :) Maybe starting to build own coils is the right answer? for the "perfect" vape , but changing cotton once everyday seems like a hassle, but no pain no gain perhaps.

Thanks, Rekon. Yeah, I've notice the SS316 built into the VTC Mini is way different (hits harder). I seem to like it best, right now.

I had the same question about the BF coil, but they don't show the inside. Not sure if it's single or dual. I'm sure that info will get revealed soon as reviewers break them apart to see what's inside.

As for the dual coil topic, I've started a new thread in an attempt to get this answered definitively, and so as not to derail this good thread.

Do Dual Coils Affect TC Accuracy?

I'm going to test the VTC's built-in SS316 setting to see if I can determine what its equivalent custom TCR value would be. I'll add that to the TCR list once I have it. Knowing that number would help to visualize where it sits in the lineup of other SS316 TCR values.

I don't think there is any "right" value, because there are so many variables in the thermodynamics of these atomizers. I think it will be up to each of us to experiment to find what works best for a given build. Within reason, of course. I think if the values that work are too far off from the reference TCR values it may be an indication something is wonky with the build.

Last edited:

Jalcide

ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2015
    there was also a titanium dry burn tcr (doubling the tcr and set to 500f or so) which takes the wire to about 1000F (still within the limits of not creating TiO2). i just tested it out on 26awg unkamen Ti 10watts/480f pulsing slowly and watching the wire turn from grey to yellow to eventually a glorious purple/blue. i did this using 4" of uncoiled wire to clean it before making a coil. worked great. it worked perfect on the dna200, and also seems to work on the evic vt mini!

Ti G1 dry burn: 0700

Nice. I'll look into adding that to the list. Thanks for that.

Is there a source or further discussion on this? Or would you like me to credit you as its originator?

Last edited:
    Reactions: jmarkus

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Just a heads up had a real hard time getting the firmware 3.0 to recognize my two Evic mini.

Went crazy couldn't understand why. Since it was charging OK while I attempting to get it to recognize them. Funny though I've installed the 2.0 firmware with no problem before.

I use a laptop and because of only two USB connections I have a USB hub. Removed the hub and plugged directly into computer USB port - Firmware recognize devices and seconds later 3.0 installed.

Go figure...

I could not get my old Mac tower running Snow Leopard to see the USB connected Evic Mini. Under the Mac I run a Parallels Windows XP emulator, and so I was able to upgrade to 3.0 that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread