• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
So here's my latest creation. The "blue dragon" is belching out vapour :lol:

Finished it off this morning. It's a very, very tight fit. 1oz tobacco tin, dual parallel batteries, Mosfet and 15k resistor, orange voltmeter, FDV 510 connector. I had to add extra insulation at the battery tray, cos it touches the tin and also at the 510 cos it almost touches the battery tray when an atty with a long 510 is screwed in. Had to do some serious surgery to the battery tray and Mosfet to fit it all in. But as the wires are so short, the voltage drop is only 0.02 volts. It took me longer to suss out the placement of the parts than it did to build the thing. Also had to add an extra nut to the top of the 510 so the lid will shut. It's not perfect, but I like it :D

smSvdS0TAhotJcaB1E88TFyGf8GsOvNEMjXgKIAbGSg=w237-h529-no

V72QDmUNbaJIUtjDe5MRM4sTApQCAjZJQkZREVNZ_aI=w187-h529-no

lggnfc1rSxMXNGy5kfW1_CsUkzLgoPJtQAHPrBXeDZw=w275-h529-no

txpuunuTzjDHy8-AcrEKmtFtH2lOVNr-ftXIH4aR1Fs=w954-h348-no

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK

Finished it off this morning. It's a very, very tight fit. 1oz tobacco tin, dual parallel batteries, Mosfet and 15k resistor, orange voltmeter, FDV 510 connector. I had to add extra insulation at the battery tray, cos it touches the tin and also at the 510 cos it almost touches the battery tray when an atty with a long 510 is screwed in. Had to do some serious surgery to the battery tray and Mosfet to fit it all in. But as the wires are so short, the voltage drop is only 0.02 volts. It took me longer to suss out the placement of the parts than it did to build the thing. Also had to add an extra nut to the top of the 510 so the lid will shut. It's not perfect, but I like it :D

smSvdS0TAhotJcaB1E88TFyGf8GsOvNEMjXgKIAbGSg=w237-h529-no

V72QDmUNbaJIUtjDe5MRM4sTApQCAjZJQkZREVNZ_aI=w187-h529-no

lggnfc1rSxMXNGy5kfW1_CsUkzLgoPJtQAHPrBXeDZw=w275-h529-no

txpuunuTzjDHy8-AcrEKmtFtH2lOVNr-ftXIH4aR1Fs=w954-h348-no
Well done Ian, it looks pretty good that ! now you have mastered it i bet you could make some really nice ones.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Well done Ian, it looks pretty good that ! now you have mastered it i bet you could make some really nice ones.
Cheers mate. I'm really enjoying it now. Think I'll be moving on to a regulated build pretty soon. Then possibly a regulated squonker :D

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Think it may have been The Pavillion Theatre Bob,there was one of those on the Welsh coast somewhere:)

That's the one

Gone Bob,knocked it flat about 5 years ago

Last time I was up there it looked very drab and unused

I think that ones still there,i knew a girl that was the house keeper there.

Think there was one in Pwllelli as well or close by, I used to like exploring all the castles and unusual places like Beddgellert and the Swallow Falls at Betwys-y-Coed when my Dad used to take us out for the day.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
First I heard of it Trish.Where in Wales did it happen

Caernarfon near the airport (didn't even know they had one) EDIT: an airport I meant

I got the i4 from FT Bob. Been using it without any problems for well over a year now too. Usually I end up charging batts for a full day, I normally wait until I have 8 or more to do at a time.

You were lucky then, the i2 I got failed to work, and a lot of people have had fakes.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I think that ones still there,i knew a girl that was the house keeper there.
I didn't know there were any left at all - can't say I've looked though :)

Didn't know about it 'til Trish mentioned it.
We had a power cut this morning tho :laugh: That's called entertainment around here.
Too wild for me! :laugh:

I'm hopeless with cameras, as you can probably tell by my pictures :lol:
I've been very impressed by some of the photos taken by iPhones. Photography is a necessary evil to me I'm afraid :facepalm:

With my new found soldering skills, I'll have to start repairing dead mods. I've told a couple of blokes at work that have the 20W iSticks, once their threads strip on the 510, don't throw them away - pass them on to me instead, I might be able to re-use the chip, buttons, screen etc
Right, you're the Mod Hospital :thumb:

Simple solution, kick everyone out of the house and deadlock the doors :lol:
If only!

Terry sees all and misses nothing :lol:
When I was small, they used to say that about the Big Man 'upstairs' :blink:

Just wish I had a lathe Adam. That's something, I'd love to do, build my own wooden box mod. Don't think the Wife would be too happy about it being on the kitchen table though ;)
Haven't you got a nice little shed?

I'm just glad someone is looking out for our interests. I've been signing every avavilable petition that comes my way :)
I'd never have believed it could even be considered 15 months ago!

First I heard of it Trish.Where in Wales did it happen
North Wales. Apparently originated in Caernarfon and felt in Gwynned and Anglesey. Measured 3 on the Richter, so quite small.

I got the i4 from FT Bob. Been using it without any problems for well over a year now too. Usually I end up charging batts for a full day, I normally wait until I have 8 or more to do at a time.
I briefly looked at the prices at FT, and think there's not too much difference at MyEpack.

Nice! Great for the prototype! :)

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
You were lucky then, the i2 I got failed to work, and a lot of people have had fakes.

I wonder if it's later stock. I know mine came with the serial number I could check at nitecore - don't know if they still do that with the genuine chargers or not. Just checked back, I've had mine for 18 months now.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I've been very impressed by some of the photos taken by iPhones. Photography is a necessary evil to me I'm afraid :facepalm:

The main problem I have, is keeping a steady hand when taking the picture.

Right, you're the Mod Hospital :thumb:

Dr Ian will see you now :lol:

:lol::lol:

When I was small, they used to say that about the Big Man 'upstairs' :blink:

That's Terry's day job :lol:

Haven't you got a nice little shed?

Only problem is, it's full of gardening stuff.

I'd never have believed it could even be considered 15 months ago!

That makes 2 of us.

Reactions: Pictor

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I'll agree with that, we send all our dud ones to Ian to mend :thumbs:

By the time I'd fixed them, they would probably have antique value :lol:

Well done with the mod making Ian, looks nice and neat. I'm still slowly gathering bits and pieces for my first, I should have enough for something by now but other projects are distracting me.

Cheers Dave. You want to dive in mate, it feels great knowing it's something you've built yourself. Are there any bits you still need ?? I've found a few different places now for different parts. Why not start off like I did, with a basic "Altoids" style mod, really cheap to build.

Can't remember if mine did or not, I got one from Amazon and one from Myepack. If one ever fails I'd get a d4 from Myepack to replace it.

I've not checked the reviews on the FT ones, but mine is working great, even after being dropped a couple of times :) I think if this one went bang, I'd probably pick up one from the UK though, wouldn't be able to wait for one to come over from FT.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Ooo, chuck that out, horrible hobby - you need a Todd type shed

:lol::lol::lol:

The Wife does the gardening.

I do have some space in there, for my fishing gear, but not much.

I'd love a vape shed, don't think our garden would be big enough though - I'd need to pinch the neighbours garden too :laugh:

Reactions: Bobw1951
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread