• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Bob have you ever done a Ni 200 dual build ?
No and I never will, have given up on Ni200 wire, because of just that problem - every time I tried I would end up with something that was way too low and always ended up ripping one out to leave a single coil that was just right. Prefer to use either Titanium, NiFe30 or 316L for my dual builds now.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
No and I never will, have given up on Ni200 wire, because of just that problem - every time I tried I would end up with something that was way too low and always ended up ripping one out to leave a single coil that was just right. Prefer to use either Titanium, NiFe30 or 316L for my dual builds now.
Okay, just thought i`d ask as i`m after a change from kanthal now. I know you have told me before, but please refresh my memory of wire i can use in TC mode other than Ni !

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Okay, just thought i`d ask as i`m after a change from kanthal now. I know you have told me before, but please refresh my memory of wire i can use in TC mode other than Ni !
It all depends on what the different mods can use, but the main TC wires are Ni, Ti, NiFe30, Steel (SS316L being the main one) & Tungsten (mainly only dna 75/200 can use Tungsten)
SS316L can also be used in power mode instead of Kanthal and a lot of people say they get a smoother vape with it in both Power & TC modes

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
It all depends on what the different mods can use, but the main TC wires are Ni, Ti, NiFe30, Steel (SS316L being the main one) & Tungsten (mainly only DNA 75/200 can use Tungsten)
SS316L can also be used in power mode instead of Kanthal and a lot of people say they get a smoother vape with it in both Power & TC modes
Thanks Bob, i suppose the most logical for me would be the SS316L then, if i can use it in TC and power mode it`s a double bonus :thumbs: Would that mean it wouldn`t matter what setting i had the mod on, either TC or Power ?

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Thanks Bob, i suppose the most logical for me would be the SS316L then, if i can use it in TC and power mode it`s a double bonus :thumbs: Would that mean it wouldn`t matter what setting i had the mod on, either TC or Power ?
It wouldn't matter, in TC mode though the coil must reach the Temp set very quickly otherwise it will drop into power mode - have had that happen to me on the odd occasion, usually just have to up the wattage to compensate and get to that temp quicker

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
It wouldn't matter, in TC mode though the coil must reach the Temp set very quickly otherwise it will drop into power mode - have had that happen to me on the odd occasion, usually just have to up the wattage to compensate and get to that temp quicker
Cheers bob i`ll order some later today, so would you say it`s easier to use in power mode and treat it like Kanthal ?

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Cheers bob i`ll order some later today, so would you say it`s easier to use in power mode and treat it like Kanthal ?
Okay, make sure you get it from SteathVape and not that other company, their SS316L is rubbish, I use all mine in TC Mode, the only one I have in power mode is a pre-built steel coil in a Triton

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Okay, make sure you get it from SteathVape and not that other company, their SS316L is rubbish, I use all mine in TC Mode, the only one I have in power mode is a pre-built steel coil in a Triton
What gauge Bob ? and yes since you posted a while ago about the other company i only use stealth now, and is SS316L good for dual builds ?

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Bob, just to clarify ! Can i use the SS wire in my mods what don`t have the capability of changing profiles etc ? So for example if i did a build in any of my tanks and put said tank on my Zero Modz, i can use it in power or TC mode ?
Okay bit of a hard one without me knowing the exact mod, you would have to look and see what wires it supports, most of the first gen TC mods only supported Ni, then some added Ti, then they added SS and last they added TCR, but all mods will support SS in Power only mode, (even your old mech mods if the resistance is high enough).

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Okay bit of a hard one without me knowing the exact mod, you would have to look and see what wires it supports, most of the first gen TC mods only supported Ni, then some added Ti, then they added SS and last they added TCR, but all mods will support SS in Power only mode, (even your old mech mods if the resistance is high enough).
Thanks Bob I`ll order some later :) I don`t mind using power mode as long as it`s a good vape, and you say that SS is better than Kanthal ?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Going a bit barmy with all the olympic coverage (why so little boxing and so much hockey/beach volleyball?) so was pleased when some dvds arrived today. All the black and white episodes of Callan and the two box sets of UFO! Still in the mail is the first series of The Equalizer (Spelling, yes, but it's American) :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Going a bit barmy with all the olympic coverage (why so little boxing and so much hockey/beach volleyball?) so was pleased when some dvds arrived today. All the black and white episodes of Callan and the two box sets of UFO! Still in the mail is the first series of The Equalizer (Spelling, yes, but it's American) :)
We've got a couple of series recorded that we haven't watched yet, so we're watching some of those episodes.
We find the sports shown on the news is enough for us :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
We've been doing that with "Mad Men". :)
It's nice to have a few things to watch when there's nothing much on live TV! I've had a Sony digital recorder in my work room for years (No Sky on my own TV), but we only got the Sky box renewed in the sitting room earlier this year - now we can both watch things, and I can even record them on the Sky box via my computer! I like when 'stuff' works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread