Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I bought a bunch of different tobaccos when first starting out, then went through the task of trying each one out. The majority went into the just another tobacco group. Got a few that went into the favorites group that I work with. Turkish was the strongest tobacco flavor, Virginia was next and these are what I use the most of. I've been trying to sweeten these but the sweetener is very bad, honey not that good. Brown sugar and English Toffee seem to be my best bets.
I just came across a sweet tobacco that I should try.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I just came across a sweet tobacco that I should try.
It does kind of have a natural sweetness to it, but not really sweet. But knowing you're trying to add sweetness, it might help some of your more robust tobacco's move toward the sweet side of things a little. I mix it with my TA Garuda and Cohiba to kind of mellow out the sharp tobacco flavor. Hope you like it.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks that should help, never heard or the Garuda or Cohiba could you try to describe them. I added some egg nog to smooth out some Virginia I'd say it worked a little, I should get some Barvarian cream though.
Cohiba, I'm sure, is supposed to taste like the famous Cohiba cigars. It does have a cigar-type quality, but seems a bit "brighter" taste, with more high notes prominent, and not as full and rich as its namesake. TA Garuda is a tobacco absolute, so is supposed to be derived from real tobacco. It's pretty authentic, and to me seems kind of similar to the Cohiba, in that it's a "sharp" taste, rather than full/rich/smooth, but maybe a little milder than Cohiba.
I actually got both of them to make a cigar vape based on (I think) DannyV's recipe. I believe it was 2% Cohiba, 2% TA Garuda, and 2% DNB. Decent vape, but didn't totally wow me.

But my preferences seem to change by the month, so I'll try it again in a while.

Reactions: DavidOck

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Edit on the TA Garuda - revisited it last night, as a standalone, and it's been steeping a couple of months. It's very nice - being a TA, it has kind of that DNB character - some describe it as ashy (I describe as OMG, I'm exhaling smoke!). It does hit the high notes, but does have a great balance of the smoky, earthy richness. This one could become a regular on multi-beer nights.

How would you describe the Old Havana, and what brand is it?

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Old Havana Inawera group, made in Poland. I just mixed some Havana in with half a tank of Turkish, the mixture is really strong now very strong tobacco flavor now I could give flavor away. I'll have to try it when the tank is next to empty. For a smoky maybe ashy taste I use Flavor Art Perique Black. Egg Nog may smooth this down a little.

• Agree

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
I got to try the Old Havana, for me it was another just plain tobacco, nothing special, it lacked something to make it seem like cigar tobacco. I ended up adding some English Toffee to it making seem like there was some sweetness there.
Hi Carl...I don't know if you've tried it yet but I think you'll be happy with the way English Toffee works with Tobacco flavors...I use it with FE Turkish...Another add on I really like is Hazelnut...Trig

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Here in Denmark we can't buy Hangsen USA mix aroma, only the e juice.. But after the new law, vaping is actually not so cheap anymore.
I have vaped for 6 months or something like that, and the best e juice is USA mix from Hangsen...

So first, does anyone know if Molinberry USA mix taste like Hangsen USA mix?
I can buy molinberry usa mix aroma, but I wanted to ask here first..
And does anyone know a aroma similar to the hangsen usa mix?
And does usa mix from different brands taste the same, or very similar?

Here's an old Thread on "Molinberry"...The USA Mix is described about 2/3 of the way down...Old Post and seems to mention Walnuts ???...I really can't say but my idea of a "USA Mix" would be more like a classic "Red"...???
Molinberry Flavoring Review - 37 Flavors From Molinshop - Add Yours Too!

And just a guess but are you able to buy FlavorArt concentrates in Denmark ???...I've been reasonably happy with other FA flavors and they do have a selection of Tobaccos...Just A Few Thoughts...Trig

mortenhy

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2017
Here's an old Thread on "Molinberry"...The USA Mix is described about 2/3 of the way down...Old Post and seems to mention Walnuts ???...I really can't say but my idea of a "USA Mix" would be more like a classic "Red"...???
Molinberry Flavoring Review - 37 Flavors From Molinshop - Add Yours Too!

And just a guess but are you able to buy FlavorArt concentrates in Denmark ???...I've been reasonably happy with other FA flavors and they do have a selection of Tobaccos...Just A Few Thoughts...Trig
Thank you for the answer, I will check it out.. No we can't buy it in Denmark...

Reactions: Trigster

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello y'all! I need help. I'm thinking about switching to DIY but I have no clue where to begin with tobacco flavors. First of all, I had given up on tobaccos a long time ago--the only cigarette-like vape for me is unflavored. :facepalm: Yeah, I'm that bad. But I remember fondly a few very mild Chinese tobaccos, from way back, that I actually enjoed. The Gold Tobacco in GreenCigs, and some no/name vanilla tobacco that doesn't exist anymore, and BWB menthol tobacco (very mild and inoffensive).

I don't want anything assertive--no pipe, cigar, nutty, sweet, smoky, ashy, RY4, NETs. I'm looking for a mildest cig flavor possible, something I could add @1-2% to my unflavored to just give it a hint of cigarette flavor. Something that might mix well with a bit of menthol or vanilla or cocoa.

I'm thinking something like HS Parliament, Virginia, B&S; or FA Maxx or Royal (is 7 Leaf really that anisy?); perhaps something flue cured-INW or HS?).

Anyway, thank you all in advance--I'm going to read back, also. This is my watched thread, so I've been reading it for a long time, but never posted. Until now. :)

Is Danny MIA? Anyone knows?

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I don't want anything assertive--no pipe, cigar, nutty, sweet, smoky, ashy, RY4, NETs. I'm looking for a mildest cig flavor possible, something I could add @1-2% to my unflavored to just give it a hint of cigarette flavor. Something that might mix well with a bit of menthol or vanilla or cocoa.
Howdy Katya, USA Red (HS) is a pretty straight forward cigarette style vape. Since your only looking for an accent flavor, start at a lower percentage and work your way up. I mix it at 4% which works for me. I use this with a menthol style mix as well so it does play nice with menthol. Not sure about vanilla or cocoa though.

Another one to possibly go to is Shade (FA). To me, it tastes a like how a pack of smokes used to smell when just taking the wrapper off. So if that is something your going for, might be worth a try. It is potent so start at low percentage as well.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks, Vicman. I tried HS Red (and several other "cowboy-type" flavors) before as e-liquid--iirc it was a tad to "tobbaco-y" for my taste, but that was a long time ago. It may be completely different at lower percentages, of course. I'll give it another try.
it tastes a like how a pack of smokes used to smell when just taking the wrapper off.

Nope. :lol: I've tried several tobacco vapes that tasted like that--hated every single one of them. I even disliked that smell when I was full-time smoker. :facepalm:

Thanks again for your reply!

Reactions: Vicman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread