First post - intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

nk__

May 4, 2016
Australia
I must start with a huge thanks to everyone that makes this site run and all those that run with it. Also, having just watched the the E-Cigarette Summit Videos, the hard work that occurs in the greater community is truly appreciated.

About me: I purchased my first vape (Nebox) last week and despite the cautions on leakage I'd read about it hasn't let me down at all. I'm a 20+ year smoker and desperate to kick it to the curb - although that hasn't been easy waiting for the nicotine to arrive over this last week due to living in a country that doesn't retail it. Nonetheless I've halved my tobacco use vaping nic-free which hopefully will help with a clean transition once the nicotine finally arrives.

Still so much more reading to do.. but the brain can only take in so much of the information available. Looking forward to asking the hard questions once I've answered the easy ones for myself :)

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @nk__. Glad to have you here!:)
although that hasn't been easy waiting for the nicotine to arrive over this last week due to living in a country that doesn't retail it.
And where would that be? Australia/New Zealand, Middle East, Asia?

Are you looking to DIY with nicotine, Pg, Vg & flavorings? Or are you just adding nicotine to RTV (ready to vape) e-liquid.

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Yes, I picked up a TFA vanilla custard 100ml concentrate and have been thoroughly enjoying it while working night shift leaving the tobacco at home.
Great!:)

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum.

There are many additives and flavor combinations that will enhance a mix. Things like creams, custards, caramels, marshmallow and graham cracker are very common components in a lot of recipes. These are good to have on hand, especially when you start to get confident and want more complexity in your flavors.

A little research goes a long way in perfecting a mix. Below is the information I often give to members new to DIY.
  • Dannyv45's blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice. => dannyv45 - Blogs
  • Hoosier's blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives. =>Hoosier - Blogs
For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp and video tutorial on using it (if you are mixing by volume).
TFA/TPA Links
DIY Recipe Sites

Reactions: nk__

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Welcome to ECF. Still vaping my diy van. cust. 4 yrs later. When I get bored of it I'd add some banana or some peach or some strawberry or some....well you get the idea. Just shoot some in the tank of V.C. when it gets low. Works great as a fruit mix base. Congrats on switching and good luck on the nic. If you don't stop trying to improve your experience you Will be successful. Cheers.

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
Congrats on taking the plunge.
As you make the switch, there's a lot of good advice here on problems you might encounter (gear, cravings, DIY, etc). You've cut your cigs in half, so you can already start doing what I found important as I switched:
Count the cigarettes you DON'T smoke, not the cigarettes you do smoke.
Enjoy your new adventure.

nk__

May 4, 2016
Australia
Congrats on taking the plunge.
As you make the switch, there's a lot of good advice here on problems you might encounter (gear, cravings, DIY, etc). You've cut your cigs in half, so you can already start doing what I found important as I switched:
Count the cigarettes you DON'T smoke, not the cigarettes you do smoke.
Enjoy your new adventure.
I'll be constantly referencing the advice available that's for sure, there's no point needlessly bashing my head against a wall. As weird as it sounds, I don't want to think about smokes at all - even the success side. Maybe it's a denial of serial self harm with smokes thing but hopefully it's more that I've committed to moving past that dependence and taking ownership of my future.

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
Welcome to the forums, I am from Australia and need to import my nicotine liquids.

The best place I have found is a site called Hiliq, they use DHL shipping, about $34 AUD for 100ml bottles shipped in 2-3 days. I want to share this because I originally ordering from New Zealand which was costing $20 for just 30mls + shipping and the quality wasn't all that great.

Also, be sure to order the correct nicotone level, I was started on 12mg and was too low. As reference I was smoking 25grams of rollies every 2-3 days. I am moving up to 18mg this order.

nk__

May 4, 2016
Australia
Welcome to the forums, I am from Australia and need to import my nicotine liquids.

The best place I have found is a site called Hiliq, they use DHL shipping, about $34 AUD for 100ml bottles shipped in 2-3 days. I want to share this because I originally ordering from New Zealand which was costing $20 for just 30mls + shipping and the quality wasn't all that great.

Also, be sure to order the correct nicotone level, I was started on 12mg and was too low. As reference I was smoking 25grams of rollies every 2-3 days. I am moving up to 18mg this order.
Thanks for that, looks like a good alternate source. I ordered 250ml of 100mg 100PG nic from the US (to mix with VG base + flavour) delivered for $70 AUD but, argh, the waiting. From what I've read it's up to a 14 day delivery.

Reactions: eLicky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread