Vaping newbie first 36 hours and intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Phoenix
Hey everyone! Newbie here. Just wanted to give you an intro, and share my first 36 hours of vaping. Ive been a lurker in the forum for a few years, but never took the leap to vaping only because the more I read the more confused I got lol. But, found a nice new vape shop here in Phoenix, and went down there Monday night. Full disclosure: Im not a heavy smoker…a pack lasts about 4-5 days. I use Swedish snus consistently though. I used to be a pack-a-day smoker though.

Spent about an hour there. The guy gave me an overview, and I tried 5 or 6 different juices. They had maybe 50 or 60 different juices in stock. I finally ended up with a Kanger eVoD VV 650mah battery, matching eVoD tank, 1 bottle of OMG ... juice (haha I love the name) and one bottle of a mint juice. The ... juice is a nice cranberry/lemon mix, and both are a 60/40 FG/VG base. I also got a box of 5 extra atomizers. The one that came with the battery is a low voltage, the refills are high. Right now Ive settled on about 3.5 voltage on my current setup.

First few hours I coughed. A lot. Started doing some researched and learned about draw style, draw size, the difference between BG and VG juice base, and effect of higher voltage on your vape. Coughing died down for the most part, and yesterday was pretty enjoyable once I figured out ideal draw technique, draw size, and voltage. Just a matter of getting things tweaked in, and learning what works for me. I had zero snus yesterday, which was the first day in I don’t know how many years. I did need to charge midway through the day, and did a juice refill. I tried a 50/50 mix of the ... and mint, and its pretty nice!

While doing some searching I found a great website and ordered a few juices from them (vaporvapes). I love the fact you can customize EVERY juice! I ordered 5ml bottles of the following:
Spearmint - Flavor E-liquid
- Bottle Size : 5ml
- Mix: VG Only As Base Mix
- Nicotine: 12mg - Lights
- Add Extra Flavor: Regular Flavor 10%
- Add Sweetener: Regular Sweetener 1%
Coffee Bean Tobacco - Flavor E-Liquid
Dragon Tea - Flavor E-Liquid

Sooo, Im excited to try those out. I wanted to try the 100% VG juice as Ive read for many people it’s a little smoother.
That’s it! So I made probably many newbie mistakes, and going through the typical learning curve. But all in all very happy to be vaping.

TLDR; finally got a vape setup and its awesome!

Last edited:

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
Congrats on finally becoming a member!! What took you so long? The 100% VG will help with the coughing, you got it right. I had the same reaction when I first started. It took about 2 wks. of vaping 100%vg and then I was able to move to a more conventional mix. I now vape a 50/50 mix and I like it!! Find what works for you and keep at it, it's worth it!!

PS: Find more vape shops, they are not all created equal. As big a Phoenix is, there's got to be plenty.

Last edited:

desertrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Phoenix
Another newbie here. 3 weeks vaping. I didn't know you could customize! Thanks for passing on that info!

I didnt either. Saw this site while searching for a softer mint juice than the OMGMYLUNNGSAREONFIRE kind that seems to so prevalent, and ended up at that site. Spearmint tends to be a little softer, and the fact I can add a little or alot of the sweetener should make it an enjoyable vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread