Status
Not open for further replies.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
My friend, don't worry about being wrong, you don't need approval to like or dislike a juice, as the argument for which is the best juice will go on till the end of time.

Also, whether we're talking about juice or some other thing, price doesn't always mean "better." We can say "you get what you pay for" but we can also say "there's a sucker born every minute." This can be argued till the cows come home too. Enjoy the juice you like and don't worry about all the crap that is said in the internet, maybe even this one, lol.

"This juice is the best"
"No it's not..."

And on and on, it's 99.9% crap.

You missed the point.... If Ahlusion has something on par with Five Pawns... I want to know what it is... So I can buy it.

From my experience they have 1,2&3 flavor juices... Like most companies.... But nothing approaching the 11 flavors in some if 5Ps juice.

Sent from my mobile, using Tapatalk... so ignore the typos. ;)

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Well, I mean, I DIY and I can make about 10,000 ml of juice thats even better than 5 pawns for the price of one bottle of 5 pawns, which is albeit irrelevant to your thread, but still, I just wanted you to know

One of these days I'm going to send you a big batch of my DIY liquid, and you're going to throw all of your expensive stuff right out the window.

(kidding- this would never happen! :D) Hope you enjoy the good stuff!

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Am I wrong in thinking that Castle Long is, as of yet, unmatched, for flavor and complexity?

I mean... to me, it's utterly original in both regards, if I'm wrong I'd love to know.

Are you wrong? You can't be. They're your tastebuds and what you taste is what you taste. I do agree that Castle Long Reserve is a very unique juice and I don't know of anything else like it. I think it's a fantastic e-liquid and easily one of the best that I've had this year. As for being unmatched for flavor and complexity, I've had several others in the same league. Since you don't like teas or tobaccos, there's nothing I can really suggest.

While I think all of the Five Pawns e-liquids are very good to great, some of them stand out more than the others. Again, that's subjective. Bowden's Mate and Queenside are high-quality juices and very enjoyable, but I've similar juices that are in the same league.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
From my experience they have 1,2&3 flavor juices... Like most companies.... But nothing approaching the 11 flavors in some if 5Ps juice.

Unlike most companies, Ahlusion makes 80 percent of its own flavorings. That's atypical. Even more atypical is the CO2 extraction process the company uses for its tobacco and tea e-liquids. The quality of ingredients and the mix are more important than the sheer number of ingredients. Don't take that as a dig on Five Pawns, because the company uses a lot of high-quality ingredients.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
OK guys, I finally tried my Gambit tonight. I have it going in a virgin Protank II.

OH MY.

With no comment on the price. I will verify that this lives up to the hype.

I can taste everything. On each puff, inhale and exhale, I'm noticing different flavors and it tastes real... like they liquified a high end bakery apple pie with Haagen Dazs vanilla bean on the side. Less like gooey pie.. more like the the tender less syrupy kind or a tarte. On some puffs I get more of one flavor or another. Apple, crust, baking spice, vanilla bean...crust..apple..

I'm sold on Five Pawns. Can't be all day or every day, but I definitely want to try another flavor at some point. They're definitely doing something unique, at least as far as Gambit is concerned.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Castle Long didn't blow my mind, but it was good - nutty bourbon vanilla. I prefer Grandmaster and Gambit. I guess I just can't justify the price on the Castle Long - even I have my limits.

Told ya ;)

It IS that damn good.

Castle Long would blow your mind.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Castle Long didn't blow my mind, but it was good - nutty bourbon vanilla. I prefer Grandmaster and Gambit. I guess I just can't justify the price on the Castle Long - even I have my limits.

See I usually get a toasted coconut, oaky bourbon....

What gets me about it is nothing tastes like that... Ever.

Had it last weekend with a nice Syrah... It was EPIC.

(2008 Bull By The Horns, from Barrel 27.... for those wondering)

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
2d1p.jpg

Purchased the Five Pawns - “Castle Long Reserve.”
My order arrived, I opened it only to reveal Classy well detailed packaging. The bottle was full of blush-wine colored mystique. I opened the bottle, and the aroma was a pleasant creamy sweet-spicy, nutty velvet. This is my experience ...

Castle Long Reserve - Oaky , toasty, mildly sweet holiday spice, creamy smooth french vanilla hints, with other notes I can't quite identify, enveloped in a mild Bourbon undertone. Full bodied, and rich. Layers of flavors that are very complex. It's hard to describe....Delicious. This is a nice end of day vape. I've also tried the Gambit, but like CLR better.

Cons: It could be just a tad bit sweeter, for my taste.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I have a question for Five Pawns fans.

I use an Evod bcc and a Protank at home but I still use my cig-a-likes when I'm out and about and during working hours. I tend to use my cig-a-likes more than my tanks.

From what I have read about Five Pawns juices they seem almost too good for poly filled cartomizers. Kind of like mixing a good single malt scotch with coke. It kind of defeats the purpose.

Would these juices be as good in cartomizers? I want to give Five Pawns a try but I will be using the juices in my cartomizers more than anything else.

Thanks.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Got my sample pack a little while ago and currently sampling Grandmaster in a Protank and Bowden's Mate in an Evod.

I'm not quite sure about either one just yet but the Grandmaster is pretty good so far. The taste I'm getting from Bowden's Mate reminds me of how Mercurochrome used to smell when my grandma would put it on my cuts. Needless to say, I'm not enjoying the Bowden's Mate. Gonna have to walk away from it and try it again tomorrow.

Queenside and Gambit are up next. I'm saving the Absolute Pin for last because I anticipate liking it the best.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Got my sample pack a little while ago and currently sampling Grandmaster in a Protank and Bowden's Mate in an Evod.

I'm not quite sure about either one just yet but the Grandmaster is pretty good so far. The taste I'm getting from Bowden's Mate reminds me of how Mercurochrome used to smell when my grandma would put it on my cuts. Needless to say, I'm not enjoying the Bowden's Mate. Gonna have to walk away from it and try it again tomorrow.

Queenside and Gambit are up next. I'm saving the Absolute Pin for last because I anticipate liking it the best.

I'm saving up to buy the sample pack because Gambit that I sampled at a B&M shop was outstanding!!! Did you let it steep at all first? Just curious and keep the reviews coming!

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
I'm saving up to buy the sample pack because Gambit that I sampled at a B&M shop was outstanding!!! Did you let it steep at all first? Just curious and keep the reviews coming!

All of Five Pawns juices are pre-steeped... especially CLR, which steeps for unspecified weeks/months in Oak Barrels.

I'm curious to see what SnowDog thought of Gambit and Absolute Pin?

AP is definitely NOT for me... But I do know some who like it...

Gambit on the other hand is epic... and I have yet to find anyone who dislikes it.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I did not steep these at all. In fact, they were still warm from the warm weather outside when I started sampling them. Literally straight from the mailbox. The date on the bottles is 6/15/13.

Well folks, I really wanted to love at least one of these juices. I really, really did. Unfortunately I don't love any of them and Grandmaster is the only one that I actually like. This surprised me because banana is not one of my favorite flavors. It's pretty good but I'm not sure yet if I will purchase more of it or not.

I'm getting a medicinal flavor from all but Grandmaster. Gambit doesn't taste anything like apple pie, I can't taste the Absinth in Absolute Pin and Queenside has a grassy taste in addition to the medicinal twinge. I don't detect any orange flavor in there at all.

Maybe I'm having one of those instances where my taste buds are off. I read about such things here on the forum but haven't had it happen to me yet as far as I know. For example: Halo's Voodoo. I don't taste any of the flavors that are in the description. Same with these Five Pawns samples with the exception of Grandmaster.

I'll give it a week or so and try them again but right now these aren't really doing anything for me. Wish I had better news to report.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I did not steep these at all. In fact, they were still warm from the warm weather outside when I started sampling them. Literally straight from the mailbox. The date on the bottles is 6/15/13.

Well folks, I really wanted to love at least one of these juices. I really, really did. Unfortunately I don't love any of them and Grandmaster is the only one that I actually like. This surprised me because banana is not one of my favorite flavors. It's pretty good but I'm not sure yet if I will purchase more of it or not.

I'm getting a medicinal flavor from all but Grandmaster. Gambit doesn't taste anything like apple pie, I can't taste the Absinth in Absolute Pin and Queenside has a grassy taste in addition to the medicinal twinge. I don't detect any orange flavor in there at all.

Maybe I'm having one of those instances where my taste buds are off. I read about such things here on the forum but haven't had it happen to me yet as far as I know. For example: Halo's Voodoo. I don't taste any of the flavors that are in the description. Same with these Five Pawns samples with the exception of Grandmaster.

I'll give it a week or so and try them again but right now these aren't really doing anything for me. Wish I had better news to report.

Bummer. When I tried Gambit, which I didn't even want to because i dont care for apple but the B&M talked me into it, it was crazy good! Layers & layers with each draw..apples, vanilla even the crust which I have no clue how they did that. But subtle enough that it s wasn't this glob of sweet yuck. And Halo Voodoo is one if my favs!

If you couldn't taste apples at all, I'd def give it another try in a couple of days, if not..I hope you don't have that vapors tongue crap. I just got over it after 9 days and it was NO fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread