Flavor West DIY flavor review

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
Well I started out DIY using MBV flavorings...this was over a month ago...did not know they were using FW as their flavorings until just now reading this thread. I got at least 20 of MBV flavorings...thought I was getting a good deal at 15ml for less than 3 bucks. Tried making juice and no matter what % I used, just tasted too weak. So, I switched to FW buying from RTSVapes...BIG difference! I use theirs around 10-15% and really like it. Since I've been using RTSVapes FW flavorings, almost all of my MBV flavorings stay in the closet collecting dust..all but their Sweetener..I still use a few drops of that here and there. Just from my comparison, MBV has to be watering down their stuff! If you all will order FW from RTSVapes or even Ecigexpress, you'll see it for yourself.

There's 2 flavors from FW that I've looked for from FW website, that DIY website that was posted on this thread and also Vapor renew...and none of them have it...RTSVapes used to carry Shade tobacco, but now they don't. Ecigexpress still list it on their site, but are always out of stock...That Shade tobacco is about my Fav of ALL juices and I am out and can find it No where. RTSVapes finally restocked their Oba Oba, so just ordered 30ml of that...but can not find it any where else.
If anyone sees Shade Tobacco while out looking for flavors....PLEASE Send me a PM and let me know!!!

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
Medium Priority box from USPS so $12.35 for 9 bottles.
Exactly the same price that's listed at USPS.com
glare.gif
I see, thanks for clarifying.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
12.5% seems to be the magic percentage for most things FW (including Butterscotch) @ 70/30

That means 4oz of most FW flavorings will net a quart of juice :)

Is that Total Flavoring...or each? In other words...if you have, lets say 3 flavors, is that 12.5% for each, or 4% per?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I've only tried single flavors so far.
I'm a total n00b just trying to see what works for me.
11-12.5 has worked well with the flavors I tried, MBV and FW.
I'm going to shut up and listen now.
I was just bumping to keeep the thread alive until someone with some talent and experience came along.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
12.5% seems to be the magic percentage for most things FW (including Butterscotch) @ 70/30
That means 4oz of most FW flavorings will net a quart of juice

...and I've found that anything over 10% for Butterscotch is simply too cloying and can't be vaped for long periods. It just goes to show that steadfast rules for flavouring percentages aren't quite possible given that we all have such subjective tastes. Percentages will always and only be useful as a very general guideline, but what's great is when you find a fellow DIY'er with similar taste to yours. If you find yourself in accord with someone else's assessment of flavour levels, latch on to them! So, by no means should anyone stop sharing their results and opinions! It's all great stuff once you temper it with your own tastes.

I've got 14 more Flavor West selections coming tomorrow. After I've had a few weeks to play with them, I'll append my original post for what it's worth to anyone.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
...and I've found that anything over 10% for Butterscotch is simply too cloying and can't be vaped for long periods. It just goes to show that steadfast rules for flavouring percentages aren't quite possible given that we all have such subjective tastes. Percentages will always and only be useful as a very general guideline, but what's great is when you find a fellow DIY'er with similar taste to yours. If you find yourself in accord with someone else's assessment of flavour levels, latch on to them! So, by no means should anyone stop sharing their results and opinions! It's all great stuff once you temper it to your own tastes.

I've got 14 more Flavor West selections coming tomorrow. After I've had a few weeks to play with them, I'll append my original post for what it's worth to anyone.

It's powerful at 12.5% I'm going to mix it back down to 12. Maybe 11.5

Better yet both. And compare...etc...

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Just mixed up some flavorwest rockyroad 24mg 50/50 @ 2% and it does not taste too bad,needs to go up maybe 1/2-1% more in flavor,but at 2% not bad.I am going to let steep for about 3-4 weeks before i bump it up another % though.I do not think FW brands need to be mixed at 10% and higher,i think that is why people are getting bad tastes,and detecting floral notes,because the flavor is mixed too high.It is also about time for my next FW order too.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Just got in my batch of FW flavors to get my stash back up to where i was comfortable with and for sure would not run out.I recieved Pina Colada 4oz.(have not tried this one yet)>Marshmallow 4oz.>Bavarian Cream 4oz>Vanilla Custard 4oz.>Whipped Cream 4oz.>Fudge Brownie 4oz.>Double Dutch 4oz.>Rocky Road 4oz.>Tobacco Flavoring 4oz.>Havana Tobacco 4oz>Coumarin Pipe Tobacco 4oz>Butterscotch 4oz>Cheesecake 4oz>Eggnog 4oz>Vanilla Cupcake 4oz>Dulce De Leche 4oz>Sweetener 4oz (Sucralose).And i have 32 other flavors from FA,and Capella from a different ECX order.

I immediately wanted to jump in on Pina Colada,because i have never tried this one yet,opening the bottle,wooooooooooooo(blew the top of my head off),nothing like this smell.Totally AWESOME,smells like an absolutely in your face Pina Colada,as if you could just stand there and drink the bottle of flavor.I mixed it at 24mg 50/50 20%,shook it for about 30 minutes and just had to put it in a Evod to taste this awesome smelling flavor.Well the draw is so airy with this damn Evod the flavor,taste,TH,are shot.I need to put this in a clearo,or tank later tonight to try it.I am going to experiment the next week with some different %'ages and post back with how they fair and what % is too much.

EDIT: Dripping the Pina Colada very nice,soothing,refreshing,and great taste at 20%.Think this is just a tad too high.

Last edited:

Baums

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
NY
Just got in my batch of FW flavors to get my stash back up to where i was comfortable with and for sure would not run out.I recieved Pina Colada 4oz.(have not tried this one yet)>Marshmallow 4oz.>Bavarian Cream 4oz>Vanilla Custard 4oz.>Whipped Cream 4oz.>Fudge Brownie 4oz.>Double Dutch 4oz.>Rocky Road 4oz.>Tobacco Flavoring 4oz.>Havana Tobacco 4oz>Coumarin Pipe Tobacco 4oz>Butterscotch 4oz>Cheesecake 4oz>Eggnog 4oz>Vanilla Cupcake 4oz>Dulce De Leche 4oz>Sweetener 4oz (Sucralose).And i have 32 other flavors from FA,and Capella from a different ECX order.

I immediately wanted to jump in on Pina Colada,because i have never tried this one yet,opening the bottle,wooooooooooooo(blew the top of my head off),nothing like this smell.Totally AWESOME,smells like an absolutely in your face Pina Colada,as if you could just stand there and drink the bottle of flavor.I mixed it at 24mg 50/50 20%,shook it for about 30 minutes and just had to put it in a Evod to taste this awesome smelling flavor.Well the draw is so airy with this damn Evod the flavor,taste,TH,are shot.I need to put this in a clearo,or tank later tonight to try it.I am going to experiment the next week with some different %'ages and post back with how they fair and what % is too much.

EDIT: Dripping the Pina Colada very nice,soothing,refreshing,and great taste at 20%.Think this is just a tad too high.

Thanks and keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread