Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
If that guys battery went kaboom, wouldn't the outside of his face have more injury to it than the inside?

lol It almost looks like he stuck the entire mod in his mouth. Honestly, this isn't possible unless the mod was spewing flames and he started sucking on it. Maybe his cotton lit on fire or something. I don't know. Highly suspicious though.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Ouch is right!
    Those injuries look like contact burns. I have a hard time believing a jet of flame could do that, the damage is so localized. It really does look like he had a very hot rod or tube in his mouth. If the battery shot into his mouth I would be amazed it stayed there long enough to do that amount of damage.

But...the FB comments show a tube mod in four pieces with a jellyrolled cell. Could be for real. Just have no idea how the injuries could end up like that though.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2014
    Hiding up a tree
    The guy seems to not have a clue about vaping (nor how to type/speak english), talking about a 'regulated RDA' and such, also seems to not have a clue about battery safety...
    Taken from the comments on facebook -"Travis Nummerdor Scott Hicks i wad doing everthing right ibwas pullin. 55 ohms i was usingba regulated rda. The battery wasnt firing when i released the button it exploded
    Like · 63 · 22 May at 18:19"

Apparently he was using a 4Nine mod with a Tobh RDA.

I hope he is OK and all that, but he does seem to be a ......

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    "pullin. 55 ohms" is likely 'pullin .55 ohms' but the 'regulated RDA' doesn't make sense. And this may shed some light, where some had to grind down the center post to make the combo work:

Tobh+4nine how to make it work?! Don't upvote. : electronic_cigarette

And 4nine's vendor disclaimer:

****Disclaimer****

This is an advanced mechanical mod, recommended for Experienced Vapers Only.

* Do not store the device with a battery installed.

* We recommend the use of 'button top' batteries. (Flat top batteries are still compatable with the improved delrin insulator now featured on the device.)

* Ensure the magnetic switch is properly installed, with the magnet resisting the switch housing.

-----
    And there's no indication of what battery was used and what the amp limits were.

Reactions: BuGlen

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2014
    Hiding up a tree
    "pullin. 55 ohms" is likely 'pullin .55 ohms'

I would think that it is more likely that he meant that he was 'pullin' 55 amps rather than using a 0.55 ohm coil (as 0.55 ohm is pretty safe for the majority of batteries, being only 32W and drawing 7.6Amps).
    55 Amps being well beyond the safe limits of any battery (Giving 231W and a coil resistance of 0.076ohms).

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    I would think that it is more likely that he meant that he was 'pullin' 55 amps rather than using a 0.55 ohm coil (as 0.55 ohm is pretty safe for the majority of batteries, being only 32W and drawing 7.6Amps).
    55 Amps being well beyond the safe limits of any battery (Giving 231W and a coil resistance of 0.076ohms).

Possibly, but he was 'reassuring' people he did nothing wrong. His obvious misspellings and missed spaces, etc. makes me think that the period after 'pullin' was meant to be before the '55' since that makes the most sense considering all that and he wrote out 'ohms' in reference to the RDA, rather than the battery.

I think amps is what he didn't know. And if it was 'standard' to have to grind down the pin - as was stated many times in the thread I linked, then that opens up many things that could have been 'ground down' in the process causing a short perhaps.

OR, as was the case with the exploded 'Chuck' years back, he may have used a non-rechargeable batt, where upon first firing after 'recharging' it exploded. All guesses of course, since when something like this happens, all data is hidden, or simply not known by the user. I had to point out that the Chuck battery was a non-rechargeable battery - I found it by searching google for one that matched the picture of the one he was using.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread