Forum issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I have no idea if a scan will work. But it's good to do them once in a while anyway, so I don't feel too guilty about recommending it.

It could be that it's not on "your side" of the issue at all. But I don't know why others aren't seeing it. I did a search in chrome debugger for BTC with no hits, but there's so many "levels" of scripts and various forms of execution that...well...who knows? Deciphering the end result at the web-page level is a lot of work.

Reactions: Katya

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
What OS are you running?
Maybe try a different scanner.

There is such a thing as bitcoin malware. IDK if that's what you have though, or if it's even "you". We're just going through some steps...due diligence and all.

Or maybe try firefox.
I'm sorry Kat, I'm at a partial loss if the virus scanner doesn't find it. But they don't find everything.

Do yo get part of a page? Followed by some message? Maybe do a screen-save and upload it.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What OS are you running?
Maybe try a different scanner.

There is such a thing as bitcoin malware. IDK if that's what you have though, or if it's even "you". We're just going through some steps...due diligence and all.

Or maybe try firefox.
I'm sorry Kat, I'm at a partial loss if the virus scanner doesn't find it. But they don't find everything.

Do yo get part of a page? Followed by some message? Maybe do a screen-save and upload it.

Thanks, Atty, for trying to help. :wub: I'm W.7 and Chrome.

I just tried IE and no problems there. All the pages load just fine. Go figure.

I'll live. Stupid Chrome...

Thanks again. Maybe one of our code monkeys will know what to do.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Wanna double date, your Chrome wearing bit coins, and mine with flushing sockets? :confused:

girl_witch.gif

Aha! It's you! I blame you! You jinxed me! You hexed my Chrome! I had to switch to IE--it's slow but no bit coins... :lol:

Flushing sockets indeed. :evil:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Some of the bitcoin malware is installed as a root kit so it's not detectable by standard scanning processes. If this is the case, you're going to need to use something stronger than Malwarebytes.

Normally in cases like this, I'd recommend ComboFix from Bleeping Computer. However, this is a very powerful tool that if used improperly, can brick your machine in a heartbeat.

Try the new root kit scanner from Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes | Anti-Rootkit BETA - Free Rootkit Scanner & Remover

We'll go from there.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I use FF with the "Tab Mix Plus" add-on. I keep the ECF threads I follow on tabs.

With the "old" software when I'd close FF (eg. overnight)...then reopen it and click on a tab...it would open on the next new post since I last visited the thread.

With the "new" software when I close FF...then reopen it and click on a tab...it opens on the last post I had read. I then have to reload the page to see the subsequent "New" posts.

Is this just a "glitch" in FF...or...is it "just the way" the Xen Foro works???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread