retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The new themes that are in development are now available for the membership to use and test. To select one of the new themes, go to the bottom of the page and click on ECF on the left side of the bar.

themes1.png

You'll be presented with the following:

themes.png

ECF is the current default. Go ahead and give each of the new ones a try and report any issues you find in this thread.

When reporting an issue, please be clear on what the issue is and which theme the issue was found in.

As a warning, I'm going to be ruthless and remove any off topic banter that appears in this thread. Issues only please.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
In the default theme that info appears at the bottom of my page......

That's because your screen isn't the default. Press Ctrl-0 (zero) to reset your screen and go full size.

Can you give us the default theme darkened? I'll be testing darkened fixed width the rest of today on FF on a mini-tab and Win7 PC. TY for the choices.

There is no "default" dark theme.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
That's because your screen isn't the default. Press Ctrl-0 (zero) to reset your screen and go full size.
thank you, but no thank you on resetting my screen...my window is set to full screen, and I prefer where the info is presently placed on mine. I know where it is if I want to view it. The fixed width and set to the right top is just a little too much in my face for me :unsure: I would have liked to try using the dark theme, but will forgo it.

Reactions: r77r7r

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
XenForo themes are responsive in design. Essentially, what you've done is resized things to were the sidebar appears on the bottom. This is also by "design".

In order to properly test the new themes, you'll need to reset your screen to the normal defaults without any modifications.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Just a quick run-thru of both of the new themes, so far. Both have the same issue on my machine (Win 7 64 bit, FireFox 43.0.1 with latest update to that downloading now in the background)

In the reply box, all the formatting icons only appear as broken link boxes, i.e. not icons. Text description does come up when hovering atop them.

Do like the bigger default font sizes!

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Just a quick run-thru of both of the new themes, so far. Both have the same issue on my machine (Win 7 64 bit, FireFox 43.0.1 with latest update to that downloading now in the background)

In the reply box, all the formatting icons only appear as broken link boxes, i.e. not icons. Text description does come up when hovering atop them.

Do like the bigger default font sizes!

Check your addons and make sure nothing's being blocked. I see the editing icons just fine in Winderz.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Issues only please
Thanks for keeping the old theme available...that new one didn't do nice things on my screen.

I run my screen at 150% magnification, though--I'm visually impaired--and the right-hand sidebar was chewing up far too much space. I don't think it'd be a problem for most people.

Reactions: gerrymi

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm for whatever offers the greatest separation between quote and reply (within the same post) and post from post. Best test is to be able to quickly scroll and be able to easily distinguish between these features. I find color separation works better than shade differentiation. Under the previous software I recall there was a dark blue bar (I believe at the beginning of a new post) that separated posts. It was easy to fly through the screen and see where each post started. When only shade is used it all blends into one screen and there is little/no separation.
:2c:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Can't capture a screen shot, as to do that moves the pointer, but....
With the ECigaretteForum skin, light, some menu selections fade out when pointed to. Links work fine, but text is not readable.

For example, go to Likes Received, then highlight any of the left side menu items (Your Alerts, Your News Feed, etc.)

Using latest Firefox, 43.0.3, Win7. No custom color settings in use.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I'm not sure about the dark and light stuff but using an iPad, most of my screen is borders, the actual text/boxes are super small and this forum now appears to be more mobile friendly versus iPad/tablet

Anything I can change on my end to go back to how it was? I tried changing the preference to all the possible selections and it's not changing the size

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Here's a snapshot in case I made zero sense. As you can see, the right side is mostly a blank border where normally, the whole page would be filled. This makes the posts/text boxes super small. Also quotes aren't working right either

That's because that's the container for the side widgets, if you scroll all the way up you'll see the widgets on the right, if you remove the widget container the main body will auto expand.

Reactions: inspects
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread