Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@retired1 . . . It seems that the "Filtered" tab in Conversations is gone. Is it gone forever, or will it be coming back ? Actually found it somewhat useful . . . :thumb:

Also is there any possibility that the ability to create additional tabs, especially so that certain conversations that are being saved for later usage can be out into a "File" ?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
@retired1 . . . It seems that the "Filtered" tab in Conversations is gone. Is it gone forever, or will it be coming back ? Actually found it somewhat useful . . . :thumb:

Also is there any possibility that the ability to create additional tabs, especially so that certain conversations that are being saved for later usage can be out into a "File" ?

Hmmm. Nothing in the settings have changed to remove it. We'll look into it.

As for multiple tabs, it's not an option with the addon we're using that provides that capability.

Hopefully, the software rewrite for XF 2.0 will give us some much needed options for conversations.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hmmm. Nothing in the settings have changed to remove it. We'll look into it.

As for multiple tabs, it's not an option with the addon we're using that provides that capability.

Hopefully, the software rewrite for XF 2.0 will give us some much needed options for conversations.

THANKS ! ! ! :D

AND - Yes, IMO - It is a NEEDED option . . . ;)

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
That would be great! Really really hope it will allow us to pm ourselves!! I've been using the blog feature, but would rather be able to pm myself info that I want to keep.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
NiOtVTT.gif

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
On the bottom you can un-check "allow some non intrusive ads". I use ABP as a security (read anti-malware) tool as well as an ad-blocker. Until the industry gets better at screening ads for malware it's shooting itself in the foot.
Thanks Atty

Reactions: AttyPops

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads

I may keep ABP. There's the ability to opt-out of the whitelisted ads. See filter-preferences. On the bottom you can un-check "allow some non intrusive ads". I use ABP as a security (read anti-malware) tool as well as an ad-blocker. Until the industry gets better at screening ads for malware it's shooting itself in the foot.

I'm sorry to ECF for that. Because I'm blocking ads here too, at the moment. That's why I was a contributing member here (it's expired, I need to re-up when I get the extra cash). There's no way to be 100% diligent about ads in the computer industry, as hard as any website tries, because the site doesn't serve the ads, a third party does. I know, that's kind of an "attitude" from me. So sites are copping attitudes back, and blocking content if ad-filters are used. It's an ad-block-war.

I get what ABP is trying to do though. It makes them economically practical/viable to have a white-list that the advertisers and/or sites pay for (hopefully it's well screened, but IDK that yet). So SOME minor white-listed screened ads get through and supposedly everyone wins. But....they'll have to prove it to me first.

Got to digging around in the options for ublock today. I'm impressed.

ublock.png
ublock1.png
ublock2.png
ublock3.png

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@retired1 - Question . . .

Prior to the new interface, if a photo or image was posted on ECF via Photobucket (or another outside resource) and was later deleted/or moved - it would also be gone from the ECF post . . . It seems this has changed and the photo/s are still within the post.

Is there something new that ECF is doing that photos and/or images will no longer "disappear" from post ? ? ?

AND - Is there any other way to post a Picture/Image in a post temporarily ? ? ?

Reactions: Katdarling

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Images are cached immediately upon posting. So removing the image from the source is not going to remove it from your post.

Thanks for following up . . .

Now - Is there any other way to post a personal Picture in a post temporarily ? ? ?

If the picture is placed into the ECF Media Files as a "Private" (only the person can access it) picture and then deleted later will that remove it from the post ? ? ?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
If the picture is placed into the ECF Media Files as a "Private" (only the person can access it) picture and then deleted later will that remove it from the post ? ? ?

Only if the cache is cleared and rebuilt (which is extremely server intensive).

Material posted on ECF is on Google within minutes of being posted. We encourage this. We even provide a detailed site map to the major search engines.

In light of this, I cannot stress the importance of this enough.

If it's private and you don't want it seen on the Internet, DO NOT PUT IT THERE TO BEGIN WITH.

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
first off,howdy all...tried to find out where and how to delete all the pics and gifs I put in threads but can't seem to find out how.tried the help section and my personal profile pages but no joy.
also have this pop up,to the left of page with names on every page I go to ,even when I refresh the page it shows up.How do I turn it off.thanks for any help

View attachment 497385

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread