Status
Not open for further replies.

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
chrome sir retired,wait, your canadian,so that would be chrome eh.I tried a different search AFTER clearing,deleting and exorsizing the demons out,now I'm getting curly's in the pop up.figured I try with nothing in the search but that didn't work out.
what I don't get is.I can log out and the pop up still shows up when I open the ECF page again from a clean google page,(logged out).

Reactions: Katdarling

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
finally figured it out retired.I have a program called mask me/blur or some such gizmo.Encrypts all my logins etc.somehow it kept my search(es), yes even potstickers followed me around also.I will not use search again.I have already forgot what I did but I so very much appreciate everyones help on this........thank you all.no more names following me..Now to fix dem voices,although a couple are some pretty sexy female voices.thank you again all.
class dismissed.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Has the way you do quotes in a post changed? Probably not, but it isn't working the same for me. I'm using MS Edge, and win10.
When I go to the post I want to quote, and click on the quote box, nothing happens. I have to highlight the text, copy and paste into my post.
Don't know about Edge/Win10, but in a normal browser, you can highlight the text, and it automatically shows a marker saying Quote|Reply, I normally just hit the reply and it enters the text in the box, the other way is to press the Quote button, it will then add it to the MultiQuote list, you then have to press the Insert Quotes button at the bottom of the reply box on the L/H side or even easier if you only want to quote one message just hit the Reply button NOT the Quote button

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Has the way you do quotes in a post changed? Probably not, but it isn't working the same for me. I'm using MS Edge, and win10.
When I go to the post I want to quote, and click on the quote box, nothing happens. I have to highlight the text, copy and paste into my post.

It hasn't changed since they moved to the new forum... but it is different than the old forum.

Now the "Quote" is a multi-quote ( several posts ) capable... you click to quote one or several posts, then click the "Paste Quotes" button in the lower left where you can do additional edits if you wish including reordering the quotes you selected before it posts to the new post window.

Reactions: gerrymi

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
The November update to Win10 included considerable changes to the Edge browser. Maybe that affected something. Have you tried a different browser?

Reactions: tiburonfirst

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Now when I press the "+quote", it turns to "-quote", and nothing happens. I used to do it the way rdsok explained, but just doesn't work that way any longer.
I don't fool with other browsers, other than switching back to IE8.1,which I've had to do before for something else. Maybe I'll have to do that now for this. :(

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Now when I press the "+quote", it turns to "-quote", and nothing happens. I used to do it the way rdsok explained, but just doesn't work that way any longer.
I don't fool with other browsers, other than switching back to IE8.1. Maybe I'll have to do that now for this. :(
It won't do anything until you then press the Insert Quotes button at the bottom L/H side of the reply box, as I said earlier if you just want to quote/reply to one message like I'm doing now then just press Reply NOT +quote

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
When you use the multi-quote (+quote), look for the "Insert Quotes" button underneath the text box where you would type.

multiquote.png

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Not helpful

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Since it is still working for everyone else, and there has been no change to the forum, and there has been a change to your browser, where do you think the problem may be?

Now, what is the quickest and easiest way to check that?

VapingTurtle, 4 minutes ago Report

Probably me, lol, maybe the browser. I did this quote by copy and paste. As far as the what is the quickest and easiest way to check that, I haven't trie switching back to IE8.1 yet.
I normally do just single quotes, so the copy and paste should get me by.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I just fired up Winderz and Edge and the quoting behaved exactly as it should.

Try clearing your settings (Cache and cookies) and see if that clears things up for you.

Edit - When you highlighted the text in a post, you SHOULD see a small popup that allows you to quote the highlighted text.

If you're not seeing that, a recent change on your system is most likely preventing javascript from working. Have you installed any updates to your security programs and/or addons lately?

Reactions: tiburonfirst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread