Fountain V2 Bottom Feeder: Squonk your Atty, not your Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
Where I've seen this for sale, the Chinese websites and 3FVapes, it's been called 'Fountain V2 Style', does that make this a clone?

The name and the price would suggest clone, but a Google search doesn't reveal any details regarding an authentic?

I've been looking for that too. Everything I'm seeing calls it a clone or "style". Can't find the original.

I really like the design too (except for the wolf engraving of course).

Agreed. I'd pay some more money to get this without that dang wolf. Guh. I've love to see this in black.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Where I've seen this for sale, the Chinese websites and 3FVapes, it's been called 'Fountain V2 Style', does that make this a clone?

The name and the price would suggest clone, but a Google search doesn't reveal any details regarding an authentic?

I've been toying with getting a Squonker for a while now, but this atty may have saved me the trouble (and expense).

I really like the design too (except for the wolf engraving of course).

I'll order one of these from fasttech, and get topped up on Koh Gen Doh while I'm at it.
I've been looking for that too. Everything I'm seeing calls it a clone or "style". Can't find the original.

Agreed. I'd pay some more money to get this without that dang wolf. Guh. I've love to see this in black.

I couldn't find an authentic either, but frankly I don't care for now. The main worry I see is without a company designer pushing development, this will be it with no further evolution, improvement and variation. That's what happened with Orchid after awhile. "Clone-only" meant development petered out. We might have to modify these ourselves.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
So some of you have had the Fountain v2 for coming on a week now. How are you finding it?

Any design faults or build quality issues creeping in?

I only ask as I've just ordered three from FastTech :)

Everybody who's chimed in seems quite happy. I am, no real issues to speak of. Three, huh? You are impulsive. ;)

Reactions: Caterpiller

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
I couldn't find an authentic either, but frankly I don't care for now. The main worry I see is without a company designer pushing development, this will be it with no further evolution, improvement and variation. That's what happened with Orchid after awhile. "Clone-only" meant development petered out. We might have to modify these ourselves.

I have been patiently waiting for your modifications, I know you will deliver :p

Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
In a dream world, I would really love to see the Fountain V? set up like a Lancia. Where the airflow is from the bottom. Just dreaming out loud though, Im still learning how to set up the top indirect airflow...

Not so hard to do, but I'm thinking about side venting first. Easier. Plus then you could swap in a chuff cap.

Reactions: wabah58

Trexwyo

Jul 19, 2014
Wyoming
I see, good idea. I will try a mutation glass with side air.

If you're looking for a tank that has side air flow, check out the Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA. It's not a squanker. Juice bottom feeds automatically even though 6 or 3 ml tank is at the top. (two size options) Air flow is through the side directly on to the coils through four 3mm holes, so it's very open in air draw and gives you a thick favorable vape. Better clouds and vapor then many RDA that I have in my possession. There are quite a few youtube reviews out there now to get a better understanding of how it works. I've have zero leakage issues in the two weeks I've had mine

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Another squonking atomizer. This one's a pump with a lot of versatility.

12003167_1208028472556117_1051875729638056492_n.png
11960045_1208028462556118_6743692853210609483_n.png
12002142_1208028449222786_2839012582778175360_n.png
1939455_1208028465889451_418491889928597438_n.png

Tour of the features:

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Two things I've done to expand on the Fountain V2 today.

1) Cut a length of food grade polycarbonate tubing to replace the glass tank. Fits great and works fine. Gonna use it for a while to see if the heat gets to it at all. If not, I can convert the atty to a side breather easily. Will keep you posted.

Amazon.com: Clear Polycarbonate Tube: Industrial & Scientific

2) Ordered an Aromamizer V2 RDA. Hoping it will fit on the Fountain V2 base. Whether it does or doesn't it will give me a lot of new options for side breathing and drip tips, including a chuff.

Screenshot 2015-09-19 at 6.39.54 PM.png

$10.10-$10.60 Aromamizer RDA V2 Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - Silver

Last edited:
Reactions: edyle

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Skyfall, Im a less is better type of guy, that RDTA has a lot of .... going on. Not sure im feeling it, so I will have to wait for you to test it for me first :p

Yeah, Skyfall's a big kit. Notable though because the squonk tank has a 510 atty connector, so you could use it with any BF atty.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Cut a length of food grade polycarbonate tubing to replace the glass tank. Fits great and works fine. Gonna use it for a while to see if the heat gets to it at all. If not, I can convert the atty to a side breather easily. Will keep you posted.

Several days with the polycarbonate tank and no issues. Build is dual twisted 28 gauge, 3mm, .35 ohm. That build runs quite warm so it's a decent test for the PC.

Next stop trying the Aromamizer tank/top cap/chuff when it arrives in a week or so.

IMAG1280_picmonkeyed.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread