Frankenskull clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
Got my Franken fakes in a few weeks ago and just got around to fiddling with them, the bottle that came with them sucks!! Replaced with the little square bottles I ordered and that worked pretty good [emoji106] I like the atty that came with it, just not on the mod... Looks too big to me, so I used my Wraith atty and thought it was just right [emoji108] swapped doors on the two and a little sanding for aesthetic purposes and here is the finished product!
d6c5c1f87424f79dbe6ff0bed28aa781.jpg
ec728a7294a799eec2f092b98cc1897f.jpg
7c1596c9ee53a9fc42eb464a941a3771.jpg

Going to change the 510 to a fdv v4 and throw in some copper contacts in the other mod and I'll post some pics of that one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
Is the 510 pin adjustable on frankenskull?
What about fdv?
Is there any videos on tearing down the 510 deck and assembly?
It looks like it might take a set of needle nose vise grips to remove the round nut.

Its sort of adjustable but there is not that much play in it.fdv and varitube are adjustable The round nut has little holes in it, i used a 1mm or 2mm punch or allen wrench to stick in the holes and turn it. The contact nut (that the switch touches ) isnt on tight nough to need vise grips (ymmv ) ill put up a vid for you later.

Reactions: Robbert

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
Ok, finished the second Franky fake.... lol, I installed
a fdv v4 and put in copper contacts. Swapped out bottle for the little square one and my Lp Goon looks nice sitting there [emoji106]

All in all not a total waste...lol, I like tinkering and I like squonkers so there you go!

Nice little outdoor squonker that if it gets dropped, broken or what ever, no big loss[emoji109]
64e48a4c9cc9c65bbc2a2eef6c5564a3.jpg
da84ddd2b855e7071eb5022df12babeb.jpg
ade3f6ab33d1c3aa266fb76c5e8b2f97.jpg
211f4aa861c840dbf3bdc326ee3783c0.jpg
d16e788570f5c4923b804a6696d62ba7.jpg
d5e2bdb9b6b7edfa09d169d0bbbdaf5f.jpg

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
Out of curiosity what was everyone's issue with the 510? Other than not being adjustable it seems solid......

The SIB clone bottle is garbage. I may leave the 510.

FDA BOC

I have several BF attys that would not make contact with the 510 because they have very short 510 pins, that's why I changed mine. And I like to tear stuff apart and rebuild it... Lol

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Reactions: EddieAdams

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2014
    So. MD
    Mine arrived! Cute little red one.

Presentation was nice in the box, but now that I threw some coils and juice in it, I see what you guys are talking about with the needed upgrades.

The stock bottle is almost impossible to squeeze! This is my first bottom feeder, but dang! I almost have to shove my whole thumb through the hole. Even if I do that, I'm barely getting 3-4 drops of juice out the pin. Gotta be an easier way... (need to go check my stash of empty bottles... think I got some baby 5mls that might work.) Noticed some play in the tube on the pin as well. I squeeze, it slides down. Don't like that. It's like the tube is plain old too short.

Need to find some ribbon too, I put the battery in without it and had to do the monkey clap to get it back out. Got a strip of plastic in there now, but there's so little play by the door, it won't close completely like that.

Don't like the fact that the airflow can't be closed off on one side, so ended up throwing a pair of claptons in there ohming @ .32 and at least it hits nice. I find the full airflow to be a bit too open for personal preference, it killed the flavor. Probably going to change the coils anyways, I'm thinking these might be a bit too much mass for good cloud production. I'm not a chaser by any means, but I like a decent puff at least.

The whole mod is so light weight I kinda forget I'm holding it. Not really a fan of the top heavy thing though.

I'm not in love with it yet, but I don't flat out hate it. I think the upgrades will be the key.

Reactions: DoubleDZA

Sickbabies

Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2016
    New York
    Got mine in the other day! Great little lightweight squonker. I also got an SXK Shift-BF in the same package and the 510 length is perfect. The SXK Hadaly also sits flush with no meddling. Stock plates work fine imo, I'll replace if I feel the need. I did however throw in a legit Supersoft and a little ribbon to help with battery removal.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 15, 2014
    Key Largo, FL USA
    I've had the FakeSkull for about a week. Had to put a nylon washer under the head of the feeder screw to get it to make contact with my Stumpy. Couldn't get it to feed worth a crap, and the tube came off the feeder screw when I took the bottle out to fill it. I put a little cable tie on it, and it not only keeps the tube on but it squonks OK. Seems it was leaking air out the connection instead of pushing liquid up. Definitely could use a softer bottle though.

Reactions: zoiDman

Mostly_Harmless

Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2016
    US
    Here is an update regarding the black pain chipping/flaking off the door. Other than that, its holding up as well as can be expected. I've cleaned the contact with rubbing alcohol a couple of times, and it still hits pretty good. I did get a 6 pack of the replacement bottles from FastTech, but they are just as hard as the one that came with it.
    R3yTRCp.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    That is a surprise - I would have bet that the color was solid-through...seems like it'd be cheaper to just make it from grey stuff, instead of painting it!

Here is an update regarding the black pain chipping/flaking off the door. Other than that, its holding up as well as can be expected. I've cleaned the contact with rubbing alcohol a couple of times, and it still hits pretty good. I did get a 6 pack of the replacement bottles from FastTech, but they are just as hard as the one that came with it.
    R3yTRCp.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread