Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
I got my Frankenfake in a few days ago, and I'm in agreement, it's a good starting point... Lol I've ordered fdv 510 and some new bottles to try out. Give me something to do this weekend.... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bottles did you order from where? After you get fdv510 in can we have some pics for reference if it works ok or doesnt fit?

Reactions: EddieAdams

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
What bottles did you order from where? After you get fdv510 in can we have some pics for reference if it works ok or doesnt fit?

Yeah, I'll post some pics once I get the 510 in. I've got some copper sheet i'm prob gonna use for the contacts for now. I ordered 3 of the soy bottles just to try them out. I also ordered some 5ml bottles off Amazon that a friend told me about. He has used them and likes them so ill give them a try. If they work out I'll let ya know. The space is really tight, so anything above 6 ml will prob not fit. I do like the atty tho, so like you said, $20 for a diy project isn't bad... Lol

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Why not just order the FIB bottles from REO? Relatively cheap and they're a great long lasting bottle as long as you don't cross-thread them and force it.

Very happy with them. So much so that I refuse to pay $20 for the cappy bfx bottles.

FDA BOC

Last edited:

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Why not just order the FIB bottles from REO? Relatively cheap and they're a great long lasting bottle as long as you don't cross-thread them and force it.

Very happy with them. So much so that I refuse to pay $20 for the cappy bfx bottles.

FDA BOC

Yassss FIB FTW.
@Train2 has a very informative post about these and the $20 unicorn squonk bottles as well.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Ahhh but the FIB tube is too big ID for the Frankie pin, and the Frankie tube is too small ID for the FIB.
I'm still a little stumpified....
They have all different size tubing available on eBay. Different ID/OD.

I'll be replacing the 510 with a VT. Will have the same setup in my orca. Bought a 12"naval brass rod I'm going to cut discs and tap for the positive pin. Just wider than the negative threading. Really like that the VT 510 positive pins are threaded.

FDA BOC

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
They have all different size tubing available on eBay. Different ID/OD.

Yeah - but that's a hassle...I'll probably get 3 kinds of the wrong tubing too. LOL
Plus, I REALLY think this would work best if I could find a squishy bottle a LITTLE smaller all around - diameter and height - so as not to interfere with the button, and possibly provide a relatively straight shot to the pin.

I might swap 510''s once a couple people do it and post how hard or easy it is...

Those Orca boxes look awesome!!

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
I got 2 of the Frankenfakes, a black and a grey, gonna just try some different things and see what works best. I ordered the fdv 510 just because I've used them before. I'll prob try out the vt 510 on the other. I have plenty of squonkers, so no worries if I screw these up.... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
Ok,... time goes on and you learn things. Ft knows the bottles suck, they are in contact to try and change it, also i have seen some reports that the vt inbox bottles will work. For leaking at the top of the bottle, add a driptip oring (ala coppervape where it sits between the top of the bottle and the inside of the cap around the squonk tube. New 510s will be here next week , ill try to have a video or a writeup about them next weekend.

NCCTC

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Hills-Vegas, NC
Just fixed one of these for a friend. He ordered it through SlowTech, as well as what they call a "Derringer V3" RDA.
I was going to convert the RDA to BF (FDV Pin) for him. Anyway, the bottle would not squonk at all .. time to mod!
The tubing was too big for the 510 pin (air leak #1), and the cap was allowing air through the threads (air leak #2).
I have some spare FDV squonk tubing from their Premium Squonk Kit which fit the 510 tightly, but didn't fit through
the cap. Used a dremel and an abrasive point to enlarge the hole in the cap. Tubing now fits tightly on 510 & cap.
For the cap I used a thick parts bin 510 o-ring on the threads. You can see the black line under the cap below.
Squonking like a champ now. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.
Neat little mod. Wonder if the internals from an Artery Nugget would fit in here(?)

Cheers!
FSFix.jpg

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Are you guys receiving your orders from FDV ?
    I ordered some product, and since learned Dennis has had a medical issue.
    Reading his FB page some have been waiting over a month, product not shipping, no communication.
    Seems to be back on track.
    Shipping notice sent 3 days after ordering.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    Alright... so silver and vt510s both showed up yesterday. 510 needs extensive modification. Manual adjustment mode only, spring loaded is too big. Ground 510 down, ground isulator down, cut 510 pin down, opened hole for 510 up a little . 20ga silver is too thick, it fits but just barely, they must have used 24 or 26ga. The plus to this is it does make the button a little stiffer. Pin on vt510 fits the silicone tube tight enough to kill the airleak, the oring around the bottle kills the other one, bottle is still too stiff, but the stiff silver and closing the air leaks off makes the squonk better. Ill put a video up later after the kids go to bed.
    2017-01-15 17.58.54.jpg

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    Alright... so silver and vt510s both showed up yesterday. 510 needs extensive modification. Manual adjustment mode only, spring loaded is too big. Ground 510 down, ground isulator down, cut 510 pin down, opened hole for 510 up a little . 20ga silver is too thick, it fits but just barely, they must have used 24 or 26ga. The plus to this is it does make the button a little stiffer. Pin on vt510 fits the silicone tube tight enough to kill the airleak, the oring around the bottle kills the other one, bottle is still too stiff, but the stiff silver and closing the air leaks off makes the squonk better. Ill put a video up later after the kids go to bed. View attachment 628609
    Shoot, that's 20g? Stinks. It does look too thick. What I have too. Should have stuck with 22g. I changed after reading someone's post who seemed knowledgeable. Can't think of whom.

FDA BOC

Reactions: ThaFuzz

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    Shoot, that's 20g? Stinks. It does look too thick. What I have too. Should have stuck with 22g. I changed after reading someone's post who seemed knowledgeable. Can't think of whom.

FDA BOC

Dont get me wrong, it works, its just stiff to work into form, and it makes the button stiff. Plus its cheaper to get the thick stuff than the spring hard stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread