Funny error code with vmax

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Well that didn't last long. After a few drags it died again. I have the display to show ohms and it now reads 9.9o. Ohms should be 1.9 ohms.

I put my RA on my other vmax and it showed 2.5 ohms and fired. Checked the ohms again and it was down to 1.9 ohms and fired. Checked the ohms again and it showed --- and wouldn't fire. So there is either something wrong with BOTH of my vmax or something wrong with my RA but the RA works fine on other devices. I don't get it. :(

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Zmax doesn't always like rebuildables - it's showing 9.9 because it's seeing a short.
Bear in mind the RBA's can actually harm devices like the Zmax.

Hmm. I didn't know about the zmax being finicky. Does that go for the Vmax also? That is what I'm having the problem with. The vmax may be is seeing a short, IDK, but my other mods and my multimeter say there are no shorts. :confused:

I've been using this Penelope on this problematic vmax exclusively and this is the first time I've had any problems with either the vmax or the Penny but I'll rebuild the Penny and see if that's the problem. Thanks.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I'm still getting this --- in the display. Has anybody else ever seen this or know what it means. It's not a short because it works on other devices. I'd like to hear from somebody that has seen this before.

Is the resistance too low - anything lower than 1.3 ohms is a no go.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
9.9 means an open or no atty
0.0 means a short or an atty below 1.2Ω
--- without you doing anything... you may have a chip problem if you are sure you aren't turning it off yourself. Maybe a pesky house guest pranking you?

Thanks for your help. I'm getting the same error on my Zmax now so I contacted the vendor about that code but haven't heard back from them and probably won't. I hear their CS isn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread