Question about my Vmax SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay,

Purchased from gotvapes really fast shipping... The stainless steel is flawless... I charged up the vmax batteries 18350's... fully charge stack them into my vmax... keep the voltage at 3.0... I put on my vivi nova tank with the new 3.2 ohm head hit fantastic... loved the vape... I tried some boge cartos, some smoke tech cartos, some volcano clearos and tube tank... all vaped very well for about 30 minutes... then nothing fired... so I took out the batteries let it sit for alittle...

Plugged them back in and the vmax turned on threw on my vivi nova tank and got an f2 error so I loosened it up and it fires with the tank barely screwed on... I found that holding the button down while screwing on the vivi tank I can screw the tank pretty tight and I get no error... weird... Now my issue is none of the other cartos,clearos,tanks work.

All I get is a buzzin sound,high frequence noise from the clearos cartos etc... But the vivi nova tank works makes zero sense to me so It hought maybe they got shorted out... I tried all the above with an Itaste mod and they fired right away. so they did not short out...

so my question to you guys is why is my vmax firing only with a vivi nova tank 2.5 on it? Is it defective or does the vmax read the other cartos,clearos,tube tank as shorted? I can't figure it out and I want to badly as I don't want to send it back because I have no other device at the moment...

appreciate the help,

Derek

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I don't know what the center post is like on the vmax, but it could be it is not making good contact with the center post of the carto. That is the part in the center of the connector that makes contact with the carto, by its center post. Sometimes some batteries/mods have center posts that don't stick up enough for all cartos/attys/tanks. The Lambo VV has a spring loaded center post that is designed to always make good contact.

Sometimes batteries need 8 hours initially of charging, even if they say they are charged sooner. I don't understand why this would be, but I have heard this from a number of sources and reviews.

You already did the experiment that shows it is not too much current draw. 3V with 3.2ohms is less than 1 amp.

Buzzing is a BAD sign, however, in my opinion, and I would be leaning towards faulty electronics. Certainly you should contact the vendor. Yes, it may be your only PV at the moment, but that sounds very concerning to me. And even with a good mod, you should always have working backups in times like this. A couple 1000 mAh Ego twists will fill that bill very nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread