Georgia Vapers Let's Get Together

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Balthezar, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Balthezar

Balthezar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I would like to get together with other people here in Georgia, get to know each other more than just a log-in name and avatar. I wanted to start this thread so we can all communicate and maybe agree on a time and place that will be satisfactory to as many as possible.
    I'm thinking any time after the Holidays, so that everything will settle down for everyone.

I'm probably the last person who should get this going, as you shall see, but I would really like to get to know you all and trade recipes, compare PV's, or just meet some of the people I've talked to here.

I live in Fayetteville, about 20 min south of the Airport. I don't have a license, so I'm a bit limited as to how far I can go. Can get a ride if it's close, or maybe pool with someone else. We shall see what happens as the suggestions start. I don't work, so almost any day and time is ok with me, depending on ride.

So, let's get the ball rolling, get some suggestions, make some inquiries, and Let's Get Together.

Balth

2. rabernet

rabernet Herper Chick Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'd be interested after the holidays, especially since I'm so new to vaping and I'm sure I could learn quite a bit from the more experienced vapers in this area. Saturdays are generally the best day for me. I work in Alpharetta M-F from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. By the time I get home all I'm thinking about is getting dinner started, all my critters cared for, a hot shower and then bed! LOL

3. Balthezar

Hi rabernet :)
    Well, it's a start. Hopefully by the end of the week we will have more suggestions, and by next year we'll be close to something definite.

4. donnaq4

donnaq4 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I live about 20 minutes north of the airport, in Powder Springs, and it sounds like fun to meet other vapers! I've never seen anyone else out-and-about here, even if I know they are there ... somewhere. I'm retired, so just about anytime would be good for me. I don't have a clue about where we could meet tho'.

5. Balthezar

Hi donnaq4.
    That was the reason I wanted to start this thread, so we can all put in suggestions, and hopefully come up with something everyone can agree upon. Looking forward to hearing from others.

6. CUOFFRDGA

CUOFFRDGA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sounds like a good idea,
    In about an hour north of Atlanta.

What about a during the week dinner or after dinner meet?

7. chatter97

chatter97 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Im good for a Saturday. Can pretty much drive anywhere. Sundays are usually football, but the last game is on the 1st of January, so maybe Sunday as well.

8. CUOFFRDGA

Sup Chatter?
    I'm just north of ya, up 575.

9. chatter97

A little ways north :) Not much, weather is gloomy today. You?

10. CUOFFRDGA

Yup, wet & cold again.
    Good day to take a post inside, search the help wanted adds and stalk the mail woman, hopefully she brings me more DIY supplies today.

I get to Vape in my local Taco Mac, but Canton will be a long drive for alot of members. Maybe there's one around the perimeter?
    I can check into it if yall want me to.

11. chatter97

Also, Taco Mac is store specific regarding Vaping. The one on Dallas Highway does not allow vaping inside as they fear analog users will want to light up. What type of work do you do?

12. Balthezar

Hi CUOFFRDGA, nice to see you here, and hello again chatter.
    rabernet suggested Saturdays, weekdays would be hard on her, but let's keep the discussion going. I'll be out the rest of the day, but will get caught up later or tomorrow.

Glad we are starting to get somewhere, and we have plenty of time (actually all the time we need :)) to get all the details worked out, and find a really good place that will allow us to Vape like crazy heheh.

Keep the suggestions coming.

13. Nyte

Nyte Senior Member ECF Veteran

So happy to see this! I live in Alpharetta and would be SO up for a get together. My work schedule is rather funky, but I'm sure I can figure out something.

Let see... Saturdays seem to be the popular choice. As for location, something central like Buckhead or Perimeter mall would probably work.

:)

14. SammyT

SammyT Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

As long as y'all don't care if an alabamian attends... I'm in auburn and willing to travel a bit. If it's in atl I would be game

Sent from my Apple II. What?! I keeps it old school!

15. chatter97

One of us might have to go pick Balth up since he seems to be on the opposite end of the world compared to us Northern Suburbanites!

16. chatter97

Thats dedication!!!! From Auburn to the north perimeter would be a 2 hour drive roughly.

17. Balthezar

Hi SammyT and Nyte,
    As far as I'm concerned, if no one has any objections, you are more than welcome, as are any vapers that wish to join us. I don't think it should be just for Georgia vapers, but any who wish to make the trip.

(My brother went to Auburn, and my Uncle was Dean of Admissions there years ago, when Bo Jackson Attended :))

18. chatter97

My sister lives in Auburn, only reason I am familiar with drive time. Also, it takes the same amount of time to get to Birmingham as Auburn(have to drive there a couple of times a year when company decides they want to see my ugly mug!!!)

19. rabernet

rabernet Herper Chick Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    This sounds like fun! And I agree - the more the merrier! If you can make it, please come!

20. CUOFFRDGA

Yes, sorry, didn't mean to send out the message all TM were ok with it. Just throwing it out as an option.

I was in Construction Management, just got axed after 19 years (guess they didn't like me actually being productive and making money on the projects). So now I'm looking to start over, Blackwater, work toward FBI, Night Club, I don't know, I'm gonna do something I enjoy this time around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.