Georgia Vapers Let's Get Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Talking of doing something, we are forming a group/club to meet monthly. We have planned our 4th gettogether for whoever wants to come!!!!

Date: March 24th 2012.
Time: 1:00 PM
Place: Olde Towne Grille Lawranceville

We have set a date for the next meet of the Atlanta Vapers. Please PM me or MikenGA if you plan on attending. This is our initial membership drive and we wish all to attend that want to be involved in a monthly group who meet up, have a beer and vape. We will have some group agenda items to work through, but mostly just having some fun. Come join us at http://www.atlvapers.com/ to discuss what you want out of the organization, meet our vendors and keep up to date.

GERGOZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
McDonough, Ga
me and my wife are gonna try our best to make it on the 24th

we may have to bring "little man"...its tough finding a babysitter
for a 3 month old that breast feeds, lol !

when we came to the big meet, it was late in the evening and
he had settled in for the night with grandmaw

i just registered on the new site...gotta finish with the details

i used my same id as on here GERGOZ

this is gonna be really cool !

thanks for doing this yall !

gervis

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Well, it has been an interesting experience, from start to finish. What started out as a small gathering of a few people turned out to be one huge event with over 120 people attending, and even live coverage from the Vape Team. When I first posted this in November, I never dreamed it would come to this, with over 1,000 posts in three different threads. We are starting a club, ATL Vapers, and we plan on having regular get-togethers (more like my original plan :) ) about once a month. We all made some new friends, got reacquainted with some old ones, got to meet some friends face to face that we only knew from forums and e-mails, got the chance to see and try equipment we may never have had a chance to try, and of course there was the now famous "Chatter Bar" (I just made that up, but I think it fits, after all the juice bar was Chatter97's idea) which was the busiest spot the whole evening, with literally hundreds of juices to sample.

One of the best things for me that happened maybe in part or all because of this, I got my Dad to come with me. He was a Pall Mall non filter smoker for about 60 years. I had given him my old 510 about a month earlier, that he would use some, but still used analogs some, too. At the meet he purchased an eGo Passthrough like mine from Vaporite, and I haven't seen him touch an analog since. I don't know if it was being there with other people that have switched, or finding all of the great flavors you can get (he spent quite a bit of time at the Chatter Bar :laugh:), but now he can sit in his favorite chair and watch his favorite shows, and vape away (non-smoking house, per Mom's rules, but she likes some of the smells from vaping, so that's ok LOL).

Anyway, now that it's over (or has it just begun?) I want to really thank everyone who has helped in any way with this fantastic journey, be it just suggestions, comments, or some going out of their way in support and some doing a lot of footwork, all of the vendors who came, and of course all of the people who took the time to come out to Olde Towne Tavern and Grill and join us. There are just too many people that have helped to name, but we know who they are (just read some of the posts here and elsewhere). Without all of your help, this probably would have been 50 or so people crammed into a bar somewhere, instead it became a very special and memorable experience, one that I hope we can duplicate (or even top) in the near future, maybe once or twice a year.

So, I hope that all of you can come to the next meet, you can find out more about it at the ATL Vapers forum. Hope to see you in there, and in here.

Thanks again One and All,

Balthezar

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
Balthezar, THAT is a FANTASTIC STORY, and I'm THRILLED to know your dad is moving toward vaping! I really enjoyed meeting him, and he seemed like a nice guy. Bring him to our next get-together! :)

I had two folks scheduled to go with me to the OTG meet, but they chickened out and didn't show. :blink:
(They said, "It was raining, so we decided to stay home." :facepalm:)

How embarrassing (for them)!! ;)

Good luck to 'DAD'! :thumbs:

mrsblackross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Alpharetta, GA
I tried to join the club, but had a brain fart and clicked the wrong birthdate link. Chatter and Mike, we were at the February meet; it was my birthday; husband sat and talked with Chatter's wife for a while and tried that horrendous pepper sausage juice....can you vouch for me that I really am over 18?

...If I'm not, then hubby is in deep trouble with the authorities, and my 18 year old son will need to find out who his real mom is. :)

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
...can you vouch for me that I really am over 18?

I dunno...ya looked MIGHTY YOUNG 2 ME! :blink:

Then again...it's time for me to get new glasses, so you might be OK! ;)

I can't guarantee it, but if you clear the cookies on your PC, I bet the website will let you through again! :)
Might be worth a try.

It was GREAT FUN meetin' you guys! :D

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
BTW - I continue to be simply ASTOUNDED by that juice bar, and all the SAMPLES vendors gave away! I'm STILL going through my collection from that night, trying a new juice everday. Most are good, but some of them are excellent!

Today I broke open the bottle of 'Sweet Tobacco' from Ares eLiquid, and it's really GOOD! Sort of a caramel flavor...tasty. I suspect it's similar to RY4, but I don't have enough experience to know. The VapeRite VR4 from yesterday was also VERY good! (Ima get me some more!)

QUESTION TO THE FOLKS WHO ATTENDED THE VAPE MEET:
From the samples on the juice bar (or samples you took home), has anyone found a new flavor they LOVE?

If so, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT! I might have it in my stash, and will pull it out with a recommendation. :)

joe p

Mar 13, 2012
Georgia
Hi,
Just found this place, so I missed the big Atl vape-in. Looks like I missed a good time. I live in the Cumming area and would like to join the Atl vapors. How and where do I do that. I read on here that there is another site? Anyway, I's disabled, so I can't drive, so I don't know how many meetings/get togethers I can get to but would still enjoy joing your group. Thanks.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Hi,
Just found this place, so I missed the big Atl vape-in. Looks like I missed a good time. I live in the Cumming area and would like to join the Atl vapors. How and where do I do that. I read on here that there is another site? Anyway, I's disabled, so I can't drive, so I don't know how many meetings/get togethers I can get to but would still enjoy joing your group. Thanks.

Hey joe p. Our site is here and you and any one else interested are welcome to come visit and join us any time.

http://www.atlvapers.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread