GGTS Clone/CCST/Chi Chi Show and Tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDisorder

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
Oklahoma
Enjoy using the probes, being a horse.

Without modification of the probes, you can only really measure the exposed surfaces. I was trying to see if the chrome plated threading was causing a significant voltage drop, so I measured from the flat part of the switch you hit with your thumb(or hoof), to the atomizer negative coil post. From my measurement I want to conclude most of the drop has to do with the battery, battery connections or atomizer connections, which is pretty normal.

Last edited:

rjs987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
None
I have used a fasttech all chrome GG clone for about 3 weeks now. For less then $18 shipped to my house it was a great deal. 30 mins to tweak it and this GG clone works just as well as my tweaked Natural. No issues what so ever. Here is a pic of mine with a Ithaca clone I just got. And next to my Natural with a RSST. Both are in 18350 mode. The KTS+ or GG clone also has a short stop in it.

Can you post a link to the fastech ggts clone. I can't find it. I'm looking for the best ggts clone that works with the mini adapter.

Chris6204

Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
USA
rjs987, here you go:

* The KTS+ I have is a all brass chrome plated mod. You can find a lot of info on this mod on ecf. $17.45 KTS+ E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment - chrome-plated brass mod at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

* This one is new on Fasttech, it is a stainless EA clone for $19.48 shipped: $19.48 EA Telescoping Mech Mod E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - silver / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

If you purchase any of these chinese mods I highly recommend that you remove the chrome from all contact points. Once you get the chrome off you will see brass, polish the brass. I used 600, 800, 1000 then 1500 grit sandpaper. After polishing all the brass contact points (battery and atomizer positive, switch contact to negative, and lastly negative contact post) the voltage drop on my Smoktech Natural and KTS+ have a zero voltage drop at the point of contact with the atomizer (without atomizer attached) and .18 voltage loss with a .8 ohm coil RSST load attached. The last measurement with load was using a AW 18350 IMR battery that measured 4.21V before I fired the atomizer up. For anyone interested I zero out the digital meters before each test and did use a cheapy Radio Shack DMM and a calibrated digital $1K+ Fluke and both tested the same.

Also for fun I wanted a real GGTS to go with another Ithaka clone I have coming but none in-stock at COV and cannot find one to purchase. So I ordered a MTB-TS and will be interesting to see how I like using the TS connections, should be like a hybrid unit with the Ithaka and MTB-TS so we will see.

Frankd85

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
USA
I have to give it to my GGTS hands down that's with both at 18650 and a zattyg on the gg and a zattyu on the caravela

Do people not understand the Caravela doesn't hit better then other mods. People talk about the Caravela because there was only 999 made. Supply and demand. I hit my friends caravela and it wasn't a miracle mod. I can't believe that guy asked you that lol.

SuperLamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
California, USA
Has anyone tried KTS flat top with the igo-l dripper atty? Was planning on ordering atty for fiddling and wondering how it sits on it.

Don't know if you heard back on this yet. I am using the Igo-w (three posts) with 30GA and triple folded 2mm Ekowool. It works great at .8 Ohms. Hope this heps.

sneakerpimp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
The O.C.
got my KTS at the local vape shop a month ago, enjoying it to the fullest. very compact in 350 mode with IBTanked 19mm HalfLing tank.

10579722564_368a4b9cff_c.jpg

sanding down contacts did make a difference.

SuperLamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
California, USA
Got a question, Like I posted Im waiting for the flat top. I just thought, is this basically ready for use out of the box? Seems there are many mech clones that are great and highly praised but almost all have to have some sort of modification done, from rebuilding the buttons, sanding down tops, etc.

I dont want to have to do anything to it. Especially getting brass shims etc or having to rebuild the switch. Thanks, I guess I should have asked before I bought it.

This is what I got
KTS Telescopic Storm with Gold and Chrome FLAT TOP

I'm very happy with my purchase and have had only one issue, the case cap (where the atomizer sits) does not screw all the way down with a 18350 battery, though it does with an 18490. Both my batteries are AW IMRs with the raised positive. I am running a dual coil .8 ohms. Started with a .4 ohm build, but it was too hot on my lungs. Mod handled it fine though. I am happy with 4 wraps of 30ga on 2mm Ekowool folded 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread