GGTS Clone/CCST/Chi Chi Show and Tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Good question, so I just checked. Looks like it's the same. I was measuring a little shy of .2v drop before, and looks the same now.

P.S. I haven't learned the science of measuring voltage drop yet, but the .2v drop was measured touching the pos and neg posts of an rda with a 1.4ohm coil. Metering he 510 connection (no load) gave me just a hair shy of 3.7v. Metering the rda posts (loaded)gave me 3.5v.
What I don't understand is why there is no drop comparing voltage straight from the battery ends vs voltage at the 510 connection. It seems that would show how well current is flowing through the device (?)

im interested in this too. i thought we needed more tools than just a multimeter to determine voltage drop. :confused:

tmoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Madison, AL
You inspired me. My gold was wearing pretty bad so I thought I'd try something. It's not as cool as the black/chrome, but it was fun.

View attachment 231617 View attachment 231618

BTW kids. Don't try this at home. I'm specially trained in disappointment. :)
The blue flaked off pretty quick, and the black wore thin quick. I may try again though with some sanding to prep the surface, and maybe a proper coat of primer.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Personally I think any paint will wear off quickly due to the grease on your hands and if any e-juice gets on the paint, the combination of PG and VG will dissolve the paint. Powder Coat is one answer if you have a friend in the business. The other is to sand or grind it down to solid brass and coat with auto wax. That is what I did and it looks fantastic in all brass.

Wabbit

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
Quick update on mine, I've had it a couple months and I'm using it as my all day bang around, go everywhere mod, and it's held up quite well. The button came unscrewed and i had to put some loc-tite on it to keep it threaded. The gold plated finish on the button and the top cap where my thumb rests on it constantly have lost their finish, but other than that, it's been bullet proof and reliable. I've dropped it at least 20 times with no effect. it's dinged up and more of a matte finish now, but for 35 bucks, this thing is outperforming all of my more expensive mods. I'm pretty happy with it.

MrSHiat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
United States
Personally I think any paint will wear off quickly due to the grease on your hands and if any e-juice gets on the paint, the combination of PG and VG will dissolve the paint. Powder Coat is one answer if you have a friend in the business. The other is to sand or grind it down to solid brass and coat with auto wax. That is what I did and it looks fantastic in all brass.

Wabbit
Any chance of pics?

Thanks,
Mike

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here is a picture of the KTS GG Clone sanded down to all brass. This is not mine, and is reposted from another user. It will give you an idea of what it looks like. When polished and waxed it shines almost like chrome.

KTS%20gloden-1.jpg

This is mine. It is now all brass:

Polished KTS Storm.jpg

This is another persons KTS Storm with a brushed finish:

uploadfromtaptalk1364077025611.jpg

Last edited:

j0sh_m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
MO
That's very cool josh. Thinking outside the box.
Have you tried adding O-rings to the groove in the bottom cap?

Thanks! Yeah, the O-rings are doing a pretty good job in stopping the wiggling especially in 18650 with the Kick. :thumbup:

I actually did put 2 O-rings of the same size on the bottom cap but it's not deep enough to stick to the groove. It would easily come off when I put the mod in my pocket. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ZeroDisorder

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
Oklahoma
So what seems to be the consensus on making these things perform better? I've got a gold plated spring. Considering I have to tighten the hell of of it to get a good connection, essentially bypassing the spring, I might just desolder it, and remove the plating for the negative connection, switch contact faces, and positive post connection. I might have to take the positive pin to a press to get it out for sanding, though...

Any suggestions before I tear this thing apart?

ZeroDisorder

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
Oklahoma
After removing and sanding the top pin on both sides, desoldering the spring (leaving the bare hollow cylindrical contact, getting a copper pin to put in there soon), sanding the the side of the bottom pin, sanding the switch pin contact, and removing the fuse (.2V drop there) I'm still getting a .42V drop @ .5ohm. Next steps would be to contour a slight radius in the switch pin contact face(might not, not a lot of extra throw is possible), and sanding the switch contact faces.... Though, what I'm finding is that I'm only getting .05V drop from the part of the switch you press to the atomizer negative post, so that means most of the drop is from either the battery or the positive post connection.

Last edited:

Chris6204

Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
USA
I have used a Fasttech all chrome GG clone for about 3 weeks now. For less then $18 shipped to my house it was a great deal. 30 mins to tweak it and this GG clone works just as well as my tweaked Natural. No issues what so ever. Here is a pic of mine with a Ithaca clone I just got. And next to my Natural with a RSST. Both are in 18350 mode. The KTS+ or GG clone also has a short stop in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
After removing and sanding the top pin on both sides, desoldering the spring (leaving the bare hollow cylindrical contact, getting a copper pin to put in there soon), sanding the the side of the bottom pin, sanding the switch pin contact, and removing the fuse (.2V drop there) I'm still getting a .42V drop @ .5ohm. Next steps would be to contour a slight radius in the switch pin contact face(might not, not a lot of extra throw is possible), and sanding the switch contact faces.... Though, what I'm finding is that I'm only getting .05V drop from the part of the switch you press to the atomizer negative post, so that means most of the drop is from either the battery or the positive post connection.

how do you narrow down the voltage drop to a specific point like this?

ZeroDisorder

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
Oklahoma
how do you narrow down the voltage drop to a specific point like this?

By using the logic understood in Kirchhoff's Voltage Law(KVL). I measure across various points, trying to find where the voltage drop is, or is not, and narrow it down. I realize my earlier measurement is only across the switch to body, and body to atomizer. The voltage drop I have not (and really cannot easily) measured is:
Battery to bottom pin
Bottom pin to switch
battery to top pin
top pin to atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread