Not open for further replies.

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
OK, calling all Ody pros....

Mine works just fine, albeit I'm using mini vivis because that's all I have for the most part. The problem lies with a hot switch. Now, I don't mean warm as in hand warm or current flowing warm, I mean hot almost burning hot, hot.

Not exactly being new to the forum, I checked in the GGST areas for hot switch topics and the general consensus was that if your switch is hot, your atty has a short. OK.... My mini has a short.

But - it doesn't have a short on my ego or on my meter, it just has a short on my new toy. And it's just the minis that have been rebuilt - the stock heads don't heat up at all. BTW, the phoenix clone doesn't heat up either but then I haven't rebuilt that one.

The problem has to lie somewhere in the coil but for the life of me I can't see where. If it were a hard short, it would simply shut down the ego (or the Indulgence V4) - I had one short out and it did the same thing twice until I figured out what was wrong. It didn't kill the battery, it simply reset it to the off position (where you have to press 4 or 5 times to turn it back on). The coils that are hot are working just fine on both ego and v4. On the CCTS the switch gets melty hot.....

Oh yeah, the head that shorted out metered fine but when a charge was added, it expanded just enough that it pressed back and touched the side of the wall enough to cause the short - there had to be heat before it would short so that's why the meter wasn't detecting the short in pre-tests.....

This isn't a problem with "one" head. This is every rebuilt head I have. Sometimes they seem to work fine for a while but, eventually, they'll start to heat the button and continue to do so until I have to take them off/swap them out or replace with an unmodified head.

So, with all of the expertise around here, can someone please come up with a solution for me. I'd like to be able to use my rebuilt heads mostly because I'm cheap and poor and don't want to have to buy heads (or rather, explain to SWMBO why I need to buy more "stuff").

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
I just unscrewed the tubes to the point that the threads were barely hidden and there's about half an inch of battery space to play with. I don't have a kick so I don't know how tall it is but it would seem, to me, that there should be room for one.

i hear that the ggts normally takes a 18650, but you must use a 18500 if you want to add a kick.

Hokus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Woodstock, GA
U know the CCTS is not a bad mid but.....I wish the button was better. U really have to push somewhat hard for it to make good contact with the negative post. But I just put the button on the inside of my hand so it does not hurt my pinky.

Sent from my NS4G powered by CN JB

I do the same thing with mine..

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
20jjr0m.jpg

Clone GG with AGA-T+ atomizer. My genesis mod for under $50.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
acidrayne280:8448715 said:
What's that blue juice? That looks really cool!

It was the last of the Blue Ice I had from myvaporstore mixed with some blueberry I made. Not a huge fan of colored juices but I wasn't going to waste the Blue Ice (really strong menthol icy hot like flavor).

Does look cool with the metal blue drip tip though ... lol

linc

Nov 22, 2012
Pennsylvania
I ordered one of these and it came in the mail yesterday. Been using it all night. not too bad! I don't have any other telescoping mods to compare it to though. Seems pretty rugged and works well. It's a tad rattly but I am not sure if that is because I am afraid to really tighten it down on the battery - don't want to dimple them up?! Anyone have advice as to whether I should worry about this or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread