[CLOSED] GLASSMANOAK’s THE VAPE TREE - Discounts, Promotions, Updates, and Home Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
Was in a hurry this morning so didn't get to wish everyone a good morning...so guess I'll just wish you all a good afternoon.

My thoughts and prayers are still with Sherman's loved ones and friends as well....I know this, whenever I look at a beautiful tree, I think of him. :)

And what better tree to honor him, than the Angel Oak...
angel-oak-charleston-sc.jpg

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
So there was this once spring going into summer. I went out to the backyard and saw something flying, not a bee but something bigger; after time I recognized at is a hornet.... ever heard of a hornets nest? So to the store I go an buy a bottle that says "Kills on contact." Um well let me tell you, it does not..... after being sprayed the hornet was mad, so very mad and wanted to get who did it in. I stood frozen out in shorts, the hornet flying around my legs, some twelve seconds later it laid on the ground, the stinger still pulsing. I was going to go down for it, when I heard another sound. Another hornet, I began to perspire, the hornet around me again as the other on the ground.

The next hornet was around my legs and chest, flying and I finally hit with the "Kills on contact." I stood again still it so very angry and flying around me.... I stood still and watched it fall to the ground, again waiting for it to go, and another sound.... I stood some more and in time went and brought them for the children and wife to see. 12 hornets longer and fatter than your fingers, and that does not include in the neighborhood, the tarantulas, or the bee hive in the water work.

So I have just gathered the hornets in my hand and placed them on the porch, out comes the children and the neighbors pull up. I still have the spray in my hand, kills on contact..... Something dark is coming my way... Okay so what, it kills hornets... It comes within ten feet and I spray. It flies away, and comes back, I aim again and spray, it comes at me and turns away again. For the third time it comes back to me, and I hit it square in the face again. "You are done." The black winged roach queen flew away. And I have not even gotten to the brown recluses, black widows; and yes their webs when cut make a sound like a string guitar.... want to go against 300, 400 bees?

I did not either nor my neighbors. So one day driving back from work and see something out of the normal in the air. I park and see my neighbor on her porch talking to another female. I walk forward and see and go back into the house, and grab to bottles.

Out I go and to the water meter, there are hundreds of bees flying in the air, I walk up slowly. Into the swarm I went and stood, and already haven shaken the bottles let the poison go, in the air first and down finally into the ground under the water meter, as I opened it. There must have been a thousand more, but the spray was foam, and in my shock stood slowly while spraying, the black sky lessened.

Thank you she said, you were not afraid. Oh yes I was, you could not see my knees shake.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
And that does not include the screams I heard one day. One of the daughters screamed the mother up faster than I and she screamed as well; I am wondering what is going on and slower as she and all the daughters leave through the front door.

So in the doors of the bedroom, scared and wondering what it is. I go in and look around and see nothing, and turn. Up above the door is the biggest blackest tarantula I have ever seen. "torintulada." is what they called it. I go to get the broom and back, and hit it. It falls to the ground and stood again, I hit it again, and it stood at me. I hit it four more times; it coming to me with it's legs up and wanting me. I hit it again and again, it kept forward to me.

I was not the one injured by the brown recluse, fiddle back. It was one of my favorites, his name Tigger. An orange cat, who had those nine lives. He found it and ate it, and what did the spider do before going down? Bit him on the mouth and caused decay, it took some days before we got it and cost us, 4 grand. That cat went on to another family after we moved.

Imagine going into the garage and just stopping before you see it, because the webs are actually that strong? Again the kids afraid and screaming, the neighbor wife, waiting. And I go out and see the big black spider and thinking where is the hour glass? Go back in and back with spray and finally see the red, and spray.... I gave it more than it would take and finally with a stick, break the web and it twanged like a violin..... I did not hold it or let any other but let the stick and its own web take it. Not kidding like they say black widows have webs that are super strong.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Another wave of t-storms rolling thru - just catching the edges here.
Stopped at the range after W. They got a thing going - free 5 round test fire of an AR15 model, hit the target (10 inch dia) at 25 yds and get a free 1 hr range pass. Got one today and can go try again daily for the next 3 days - hope I can make it there at least 2 of those days. Kind of nice that the place is only a mile away.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

normal_Solitude.jpg

It is with an extreme sadness and grief that I must tell you that "Glassmanoak" (aka: Leonard "Butch" Sherman) died this past Friday, March 24, 2017 . . .

Leonard "Butch" Sherman

"glassmanoak"

large-1781.jpg

December 12, 1943 - March 24, 2017

R0bjDga.jpg

Rest In Peace My Friend

You Will Not Be Forgotten,

especially by all those You have helped
and for all You have done to create something so extra special . . .

The "Tree-Family"

c6a1feffb10a34d0d9c4a0a230e9750f.jpg

.​

This is so sad to hear :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread