Going green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
Anybody start rebuilding or DIYing ejuice because it generated less trash? Or was it just to save money and have more control over your vape? I know one of the reasons I switched from the disposable clearos was to stop throwing so much in the garbage. I couldn't help think it was such a waste tossing all that plastic. Now one of the reasons I want to start building coils is to further reduce the disposable factor of my habit. Am I the only reduce, reuse, recycle nerd in the house?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Since the flavors, PG & VG come in plastic bottles, I fail to see a green side to DIY e-juice.
Are big bottles more politically correct than small bottles?
In my case they are. Once I emptied my first gallon each of pg and vg I cleaned them well and now hubby uses them as water carry bottles on his motorcycle when he takes his road trips. I've not yet opened my second order of 1 gallon each of pg and vg but I am sure I will find a use for the bottles.
I also reuse ALL the bottle Pre-made juice came in. I was raised in the time where the motto was, waste not, want not. That is what youngens now call going green :lol:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Since the flavors, PG & VG come in plastic bottles, I fail to see a green side to DIY e-juice.
Big bottles are greener that small one. You need 1 big bottle for 1L of juice, but 100 small bottles of 10 ml of juice to keep the same volume. You can calculate weight of plastic of one big bottle and see it is less that that of 100 bottles of 10 ml each. To simplify calculations you can reduce problem to spherical bottles in vacuum.

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
I'm just imagining that the large (ie 1 gallon) bottles use less plastic than the 75 50ml bottles I would have if I bought that much juice retail. I don't have any big empty bottles or that many small bottles to weigh and check for sure though.

*~*moonlitwish*~*

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Anybody start rebuilding or DIYing ejuice because it generated less trash? Or was it just to save money and have more control over your vape? I know one of the reasons I switched from the disposable clearos was to stop throwing so much in the garbage. I couldn't help think it was such a waste tossing all that plastic. Now one of the reasons I want to start building coils is to further reduce the disposable factor of my habit. Am I the only reduce, reuse, recycle nerd in the house?

The cost factor was a overruling incentive, but the notion of tossing those metal coil heads was always unsustainable to me; actually, I don't think I ever did actually toss any of my old protank coil heads come to think of it; the parts would still be in a cup or can somewhere in case I find somebody to pif my old protanks to.

Reactions: Lessifer

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Am I the only reduce, reuse, recycle nerd in the house?

Satan makes me do it

I save all my bottles as well and just use them for juice I make. But, mainly I mix my own juice because I am a tight wad and don't want to support ejuice manufacturers.

I use some of my e-liquid bottles for travel shampoo, conditioner and shower gel/soap. Snip the drip tip so the stuff comes out easier. The hard part is getting all those things into the bottle. LOL

yeah, I can't tell you what I put into my empty bottles. :eek: You will need to use that sharp mind of yours to solve that mystery :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Satan makes me do it

I save all my bottles as well and just use them for juice I make. But, mainly I mix my own juice because I am a tight wad and don't want to support ejuice manufacturers.

yeah, I can't tell you what I put into my empty bottles. :eek: You will need to use that sharp mind of yours to solve that mystery :)
    :facepalm:

Mind is going places it really has no business going....Thankyouverymuch!

Reactions: AXIOM_1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread