What's with people buying multiple tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
I was, of course, talking about cartotanks because of the pic you used in your post regarding tanks.

I have a collection of tanks and rotate between 4, 5, 6 a day plus RDAs depending on what flavor I'm in the mood for. I started with Evod tanks because that is what my B&M sold me, thought they were then greatest. Then I stumbled on the Protank Mini IIs and loved those so bought several. Thought "hey, the minis were great so why not get a Protank 3?" so I did. Bought an iClear 30 because everone talks about them and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, then stepped up to a Kafun again because everyone was raving about them. I still use them all, even the evods, but have learned what I like and what I don't like.

Look at it this way, if all you had ever eaten was a cheeseburger it would still taste good...until you had your first real steak.

DasFriek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Ohio
I've been vaping for almost a year now and have a junk tank box for tanks that came in mods like iclear 30 I didn't like and an ata-t2.
And my single coil Protanks I'm phasing out for bdc tanks I now prefer, so those will be gifted eventually. Luckily my evod collection ended up broken in storage and what survived was gifted.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
this got me to checking my attys. My evods were all PIFed when they no longer fit my needs. I currently own

2 Protank 1 Mini's
2 Protank 1's
2 Potank2's
2 protank2 minis
1 Nautilus but 2 more on the way
2 Nimbus
1 RSST
1 Z-atty pro

5 of the protanks have been upgraded with areo bases. I do use most of the tanks regularly (the RSST and one of the Nimbus are awaiting PIFing) Most of the atty's were purchased from Fast Tech, secondhand, or in co-ops or trades reasonably. I clean and rebuild coils and have a real problem throwing anything usable away,

I do own 4 MODs (also purchased secondhand or traded for)that see almost daily use and love to swap flavors. Do I need them all...no, but I like them all and use the majority often.

I am spending well under 25% of what smoking cost me, part of what keeps me off the smokes is researching, dreaming , acquiring and mastering new atty's. I have my 2 mech mods, my 2 VV mods, enough kanthal, wick , batteries, chargers and DIY supply's(for juice) to last me 2 years if things get ugly...now I can settle down even more

Last edited:

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
I have about 15 tanks filled with different flavors that I rotate throughout the day, each flavor gets its own tank, I clean out the heads often and replace heads when needed, looking into rebuilding my pt coils soon. easy for me to switch out a little tank when I get bored, and come back to it later........I haven't thrown anything out since I started even my glass juice vials get recycled or kept for future use if I get into DIY.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I used to be well off but now I'm just white trash. Still thrifty though. Still digging through the box of stuff from vaping 4 years ago.

3 H2s from starter kits
3 CE5s from starter kits
2 mini novas
2 iClear 30s came with MVPs
then we switched to glass
7 aspire ET-S
2 aspire VN-S
just ordered
5 cheapo clearos
2 aspire mini VN-S
1 cheapo rda for testing DIY juice
more kanthal and wick

Made my first coil the other day. Coils seem to last us a month except the dark juices that clog coils. Wife complained that my tobacco flavors linger in the ones that I have used so we are separating them.
I have one ET-S with morning tangerine, one with evening butter rum, one with chocolate, one that gets whatever. VN gets ADV. I take 1 VN and 2 whatever with me to work so I can switch flavor when ADV gets boring.

Plus a cup full of 510 attys from the blue foam days and a Green Leaf kit with cartos that a friend gave me.

Lorelei

ECF Veteran
Personally, I don't throw out tanks. I haven't experienced having one stained, cracked, or uncleanable yet, or with a yucky-tasting juice that won't wash out, though. Maybe if I did, and water, water and baking soda AND a vodka dip all failed, sure, I'd toss it as being more trouble than it's worth to keep trying to salvage and then use that as an excuse to get another double-capacity Kanger bottom-burning clearo instead of another wick-based top-burning carb/tank. There are also tanks that fit my eGo-CE4 type that are supposed to be disposable use-until-it-dies tanks and they run 4-5 bucks, not 15. Since they're lower-quality, why not toss them after weeks of heavy use once they poop out? I'm too cheap to buy something not designed to last, but I won't judge what works for others.

Lorelei

ECF Veteran
Here is a pic of my buddy's tanks and mods... he has been vaping for almost two months. :ohmy:

Holy cannoli! I think he's taken to vaping, all right. :)

I thought I was bad with two dozen plus juices, an eGo with an extra battery and four wick tanks and a Kanger, an an eRoll kit and enough spare rudely bits and tanks to make two each of the three standard colors, a wooden vape center box (on the way), and an old-school leather man's pop-up-pack-style Marshall cigarette case that should carry all my eRoll stuff (if the measurements of the case were accurate) plus a juice bottle or little baggie of tanks in a side lighter pocket (also on the way). I just quit in late December, though. Maybe I'm just slower to buy shinies than is your buddy. :)

He is making me feel better about what I've spent. LOL! You know what, though? I haven't spent since December what my old clove combustible smokes habit could have cost me. I'm still ahead, financially AND my lungs are happier, too.

Last edited:

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
If something is non-repairable, I throw it out. This is either due to poor craftsmanship or quality control. Unfortunately, a lot of them where toppers that came with eGo type batteries, don't hold a lot of juice, were plastic, and/or in many cases, where glued together.
I do a thorough cleaning of stuff I've used in "my" learning curve, and store it away in ziplock bags for PIF. It took me 11 months to find the mod that does it for me, and 12 months to find a solid tank that I could rebuild and took my juice where I wanted it(KFL's and Russians)........got 7 of them and 3 more coming, because I rotate my flavors.
I have 2 Squapes that leak like sieves from the bottom posts, maybe an o-ring will fix it, but not ready to give up on them yet.
The only "disposable" e-cig products I bought where the first ones with disposable pre-filled carts< only because I didn't have any guidance from any local vapers or a B & M nearby.

It would really be cool if, when you started vaping, someone handed you the gear and juice you'd end up being satisfied with. But like everything else in life, experience brings knowledge, sometimes at a price and loss.:)

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Personally, I don't throw out tanks. I haven't experienced having one stained, cracked, or uncleanable yet, or with a yucky-tasting juice that won't wash out, though. Maybe if I did, and water, water and baking soda AND a vodka dip all failed, sure, I'd toss it as being more trouble than it's worth to keep trying to salvage and then use that as an excuse to get another double-capacity Kanger bottom-burning clearo instead of another wick-based top-burning carb/tank. There are also tanks that fit my eGo-CE4 type that are supposed to be disposable use-until-it-dies tanks and they run 4-5 bucks, not 15. Since they're lower-quality, why not toss them after weeks of heavy use once they poop out? I'm too cheap to buy something not designed to last, but I won't judge what works for others.

Yeah you try, and I commend you for that, it's not wasteful. I just think about the guy in haiti making his own paper, rolling his own tobacco he grew in the backyard, and is smoking them down to the nub because he knows what isnt wasteful. Then I see people buying 10 vivi-nova's (which are cheap and good yeah) at a time and not even bothering to clean them out even when they get a new flavor shipment in, I've literally seen a handful of people that dedicate a tank to a flavor and when they stop using the flavor, or it gets crudded up...trashed. To me that's like showing off that you smoke 5 dollar bill cigarettes, does it make me jealous? No, mad? not at all :thumbs:, I just don't think it's efficient, smart, or humble. To each his own though, If this was my ONLY hobby maybe I would us tanks like milk jugs and just throw them away when it's empty, but I just can't justify wastefully buying the same tank over and over UNLESS I've tried every tank in existence (or the tank is simply your vaping heaven/perfect), which I'd much rather spend my money on, because there may be a better option :D

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I don't throw anything away till I've milked all of the life out of it. But just one tank......that's just crazy talk, man!!!! :)

I hear that brother! I have um... 14 different kinds (2 aspire et-s, and nautilus's, because they are the best for my taste) some filled, some sparkly and clean. But I certainly do all I can to give CPR to the little guys, before I bury them :p. Then again I was never the type to smoke 1/4 a cigarette when I smoked, so I guess I'm just frugal haha. I looove me some variety, I always aim to destroy monotony.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
If you are into tanks you will end up with more than one. That is unless you have a rock solid all day vape juice or you're broke as a joke.

I have 15 from before I started dripping, but I still loooove my nautilus's, can't beat a 5ml gas-tank with adjustable air-flow! Nothing wrong with variety as I said in my post! :2cool:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
one day Im gonna refill these :)
DSCF0038.jpg

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I used to be well off but now I'm just white trash. Still thrifty though. Still digging through the box of stuff from vaping 4 years ago.

3 H2s from starter kits
3 CE5s from starter kits
2 mini novas
2 iClear 30s came with MVPs
then we switched to glass
7 aspire ET-S
2 aspire VN-S
just ordered
5 cheapo clearos
2 aspire mini VN-S
1 cheapo rda for testing DIY juice
more kanthal and wick

Made my first coil the other day. Coils seem to last us a month except the dark juices that clog coils. Wife complained that my tobacco flavors linger in the ones that I have used so we are separating them.
I have one ET-S with morning tangerine, one with evening butter rum, one with chocolate, one that gets whatever. VN gets ADV. I take 1 VN and 2 whatever with me to work so I can switch flavor when ADV gets boring.

Plus a cup full of 510 attys from the blue foam days and a Green Leaf kit with cartos that a friend gave me.

I'll always be "white trash" at heart, no shame in being thrifty, most religions would say being humble is the way to ultimate happiness and I agree :D. Aren't et-s's amazing? I haven't found a tank yet that beats it (besides the nautilus which is basically an et-s on steroids, I'd check one out man; good for those long drives/trips outdoors). I like how you have your flavors set up, that's the most efficient use I've seen yet :p, morning and night flavors I'll have to try that out. I got some valerian root juice that I vaped at night, and it actually makes you sleepy, it's awesome! (a little bit of an aquired taste for that one, my taste buds definitely had to get used to that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread