Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Hello there, so 2 days ago i bought a iPV mini v2 with a kanger tank and RTA assembly from a friend. He had shown me the basics of vaping and set me up with some nicfree juice. Got the hang of it so i decided that i wanted to move on to juice with nic in it. After reading some forums, watching some vids, i went out and got some 6mg and 12mg nic juices.

So here's my issue, with the nicfree juice i wasnt able to get a real hit, so i cleaned and loaded my 12mg unicorn milk in my tank and fired it up at 18watts. And i finally felt the TH.

So im not too sure how much TH I should be getting. But when i exhale i get the feeling of thick dust in the back of my throat. Is that normal? And i believe my device is a variable wattage device and im wondering, how do i know how much wattage do i need? I took it down to 6watts this morning with the led showing 1.9V and 0.6ohm and it felt alot smoother but i still get that dry exhale.

Im hoping someone would be able to help me out on this.

Sent via Prehistoric Stone Tablet

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
So basically what you want to do is bring it down to a lower wattage but not too low as that can create buildup on your coil...

Start around 10 watts, take a vape see if you like it, if not turn it up to 11 watts take a vape see if you like it, keep going up and up until you find a wattage/flavor you like :)

At 0.6 ohms you should be able to bring the wattage up to about 25 watts without any problems (assuming its a subtank series tank).. I used to use mine at 18.1w with 12mg...

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
What's your PG to VG ratio in your juice. PG is harsher and dryer whereas VG is a little smoother. I prefer 20PG/80VG. Also nicotine gives you the TH. You might go down to an 8 or 10 nic and see if that helps. Wattage does make a difference, that's where you will find your sweet spot.

Thats a good point. But the label on the btl(Cuttwood - Unicorn Milk) i bought doesn't list the ratio. Ive been googling it and found thats its a 30/70 ratio. Not sure if there are variables out there. Well if this doesnt work out least i know what to avoid in the future.

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
So basically what you want to do is bring it down to a lower wattage but not too low as that can create buildup on your coil...

Start around 10 watts, take a vape see if you like it, if not turn it up to 11 watts take a vape see if you like it, keep going up and up until you find a wattage/flavor you like :)

At 0.6 ohms you should be able to bring the wattage up to about 25 watts without any problems (assuming its a subtank series tank).. I used to use mine at 18.1w with 12mg...

I will do just that and hope i find the sweet spot. Thanks for the in-depth explanation. I just hope i can start to enjoy the flavors as well. The subtle flavors im getting now is already amazing. But i know if i get the numbers right its gonna get better.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Pretty sure Unicorn milk is 75VG (according to the leaked recipe) that tastes exactly like the original. It should be giving great flavor in that tank as I've used the same combination before.
c9jXucB.jpg

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
12mg at 18w wouldn't normally be too much TH.

I've never been a fan of the 'rush to VG'... i.m.o. people start vaping find it too harsh/dry/coughing and then replace all their liquids with less nicotine & higher and higher VG.

Thankfully, I never had this problem as expensive VG liquids at low strength were not the normal way of things, so we just set our power to whatever we could manage with up to 80% PG.

PG takes some getting used to. You haven't said if you were a smoker or not.
I can't speak for the USA, but anybody taking up Nicotine vaping now in Europe (other than to quit smoking) has a lot to consider.

Nicotine liquids = regulated, controlled maximum strength, tobacco company dominance, excessive prices, limited availability etc. etc.
Zero Nicotine = Nothing... available to buy, no restrictions.

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
12mg at 18w wouldn't normally be too much TH.

I've never been a fan of the 'rush to VG'... i.m.o. people start vaping find it too harsh/dry/coughing and then replace all their liquids with less nicotine & higher and higher VG.

Thankfully, I never had this problem as expensive VG liquids at low strength were not the normal way of things, so we just set our power to whatever we could manage with up to 80% PG.

PG takes some getting used to. You haven't said if you were a smoker or not.
I can't speak for the USA, but anybody taking up Nicotine vaping now in Europe (other than to quit smoking) has a lot to consider.

Nicotine liquids = regulated, controlled maximum strength, tobacco company dominance, excessive prices, limited availability etc. etc.
Zero Nicotine = Nothing... available to buy, no restrictions.

Oh i was a pack-a-day reds smoker. I would chain smoke 2-3 sticks at a go. If i was partying, could go over a pack the whole night. Sometimes i think its more of a bad habit then nicotine addiction.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Oh i was a pack-a-day reds smoker. I would chain smoke 2-3 sticks at a go. If i was partying, could go over a pack the whole night. Sometimes i think its more of a bad habit then nicotine addiction.

OK... this is helpful. In that case, can I suggest you stay calm and experiment for a few days with what you have.
Keep the watts down a bit, practice your inhale, acclimatize yourself to vaping.
6mg is noticeably lacking in much hit compared to 12mg and 18mg is almost unbearable at over 20w.

Some new vapers can hardly tolerate vapor; sure, they kind of get into it/vape but get very dry mouth, unexpected coughs.

Reactions: M9Clouds

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
I already like the fact that i dont feel the need to light up when im gaming. I do 1-2 hits once an hour compared to 3-4 sticks. Im pretty sure i will find a way to stick to vaping.

Yes i need to work on my inhale. As i still use analogs, i sometimes inhale too hard.

Question, i keep hearing "inhale into your mouth, then your lungs" but i cant seem to do it like i do on analogs.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Question, i keep hearing "inhale into your mouth, then your lungs" but i cant seem to do it like i do on analogs.

It's probably your tank stopping you do this. Inhaling mouth to lung is instinctive with lower power, lower airflow (old school) tanks.

1-2 'hits' - is that like 1 or 2 vapes? That's about normal i.m.o.

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Hey guys, i dont understand something. Ytd i took the watts up to 11 and wasnt getting dry hits anymore. Then after watching some vids, i saw a chart that reccomended 25 watts. For the first few vapes it was smooth and enjoyable the after that i started getting dry hits on the exhale again. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread