Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi @mona paschal and welcome to the forum. What I did was to buy juice in the lower level and start vaping it. When I got an "itch" lower nic juice couldn't scratch I'd use a cheap clearo filled with the higher nic juice and hit it once. Then I'd go back to my lower nic juice. It usually took from 3 days to a week to get adjusted and you do have to make a conscious effort, but after the first reduction the rest are easy. Good luck in your vape journey.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
For me it was unnoticeable when I dropped from 18 to 12. And again a year later and I dropped from 12 to 6 and haven't even noticed it. Honestly after a year and a half I think somebody could give me liquid that is 0 nic and tell me it's 6 and I'd really not notice.

YMMV

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Most people will notice a 6mg drop in nicotine levels. What many people end up doing is vaping more to compensate for the sudden drop, so if you were to vape 4ml per day of 18mg and then dropped to 12mg juice you may start vaping 6ml per day to make up for the missing nicotine.

This is just one of the MANY reasons why I got into DIY juices. I'm able to control my nicotine levels to a much finer degree. I generally drop by just 2mg rather than 6mg. I also give myself a month between drops to let my body fully adjust to the lower level. I don't even notice the drops in nicotine, and don't increase how much juice I'm going through either. I started on a 24mg juice and now I only use a 10mg juice in my Nautilus and 3mg on my subohm tanks.

Reactions: mona paschal

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I went from 45mg's down to 9. Wasn't made possible with low powered devices though, not for me anyway. Just started using high powered devices which create more vapour. More vapour produced means having to lower nicotine percentage. May sound like i'm still using the same amount of nicotine but the clouds produced aren't to scale, if you understand what i mean. So yeah !, i'm using a lot less nicotine. When i feel the need for more, i just switch my high powered mod for a low powered mod with a Kayfun V4 or Russian 91% with 24mg's for five minutes.

It's the kind of thing i suspect some people do with their ego type setups. I have no doubts some people that vape with these are still smoking tobacco. When the vapour aint working they just light up a cigarette. It's at that point where i break out my provari and Kayfun.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
In less than a year i went from 18 down to zero. Honestly what really worked for me was just doing it. I ordered all my juices from a place about 4 hours away from the island i live on. All their juices are completely customizable but they all need to sit for a while or they are just bland. I usually ordered a month in advance, so each time i ordered i just went 2mg less than the last time. The first tank usually sucked but then i got used to it.

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
In less then a year I also went from 24 down to 6. I started at 24 with the ego / carto setups but once I got into rebuildables and sub ohm tanks it made it a lot easier. I also bought 2 of the same juice and added different percentages of lower nic to high nic to make the taper easier. Lots of water also helped. Helps vaping in general but...

Anyway I did notice vaping more like someone else stated, so over to wizard labs and got all my DIY products to make my own juice. The recipes people share are very precise and I'm grateful for it, financially and physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread