Grant's Vanilla Custard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cement

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Brown Deer
I'm not a big fan of dulce de leche and I don't taste it in GVC. Nonetheless, I mixed up a batch as described in the OP with dulce de leche, and it doesn't taste like GVC (I taste the dulce de leche which I do not like). I recently mixed up a batch of straight VC and I'm waiting for it to steep.

I use 10%. Cap Vanilla custard
5% Cap French Vanilla
2% EM
let it steep for at least a week.

BigCypress

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2010
RI
so I mixed up some vc @ 12% EM 1% and cap Simply vanilla 1% 2 drops of cap sweetner.

Its ok. Not my favorite flavor. But its growing on me. esp when I mix it with my wyatt derp diy.

Looks like its getting that grants color...
IMAG0741_zps85622609.jpg

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
Now that sounds interesting aging it in an oak barrel please do tell how that turns out. I am always looking for ways to enhance the mixing process.
I pulled my VC out of the oak barrel today I had to strain it through 500 SS mesh to get the barrel char out of it there wasn't a lot but there were some floaties. it's been in there since 11-2 it has a slight hint of oak and the flavor has mellowed. I put another 500 ml of VC in the barrel and I'll try to let it sit longer this time. I think my caramel tobacco would benefit from a oak barrel aging too I'm going buy another one.

Last edited:

Proverb31

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
Put in an RTS order on Black Friday to begin my DIY experience. I focused in on two recipes I wanted to make - this and a Kentucky (Vermillion River) clone. Also ordered a few random flavors I thought would be fun for playing with. Excited to mix up my first batches of juice!

That is great, let us know what you think of it.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I mixed my first batch this morning and just loaded it up. I did 12% cap VC and 2% TFA Dulce in a 60/40 mix (I saw a lot of people liking 15 and others liking 7.5%, so I split the difference and rounded up a little). So far I am underwhelmed. I'm not a flavor ....., but this just seems light to my buds. Just not a lot there. From reading this thread, I gather that most people have pretty good immediate results with this. Think I should bump up the VC to 15%, or should I give it a few days and see if anything emerges?

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I mix this one high 18% cap VC I think the reason is I had a bottle of grants and 15% cap VC didn't really taste like GVC so I bumped the VC flavor and that seemed to me like it was getting closer and that when I decided to add a little vanilla tahitian it may not be grants but to me it's pretty darn close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread