Gurgly Nautilus 2 Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
Croatia
I use the N2s and do not have these issuesl Some things to try if you have not already done so — close the air flow when filling with eliquid and add eliquid to the level shown in the graphic that came with the N2 even though it is tempting to add more. If you still have issues, when you thread the top cap back on tighten to just before the last one or two turns, tip the N2 upside down and turn to close to let the air out.

I'm getting my Nautilus 2 tank dispatched tomorrow to me, so can someone confirm that this method + other tips really work and that there is no leakage or gurgling or flooding ? Fast reply would be appreciated :D

Last edited:

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
I've had the same issues this afternoon. I've just bought one, brought it home and it gurgled, spat and leaked like crazy until i figured out what was wrong. I had to tighten the coil and the metal outer casing tighter than you think is possible until they were unbelievably tight. Then it behaved itself.

Reactions: FichoZG

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
It's just leaked on me again. This time i made sure the seal on the base and the bottom of the metal shroud was nice and clean and free of juice, then closed the air flow before screwing down the metal shroud to the base very very tight. I may also have over filled it a smidge. I'm going not flirt with the fill line as much. This tank is certainly tricky compared to the Nautilus 1

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
When I first started using the N2 the outer glass was wet. I changed the way I put it together as well as refill and no more wet glass nor having to turn the tank sideways or upside down. Once I insert the coil and put the glass on, I put it on my mod with the AFC closed and add eliquid without priming the coil. Let it sit for a few minutes and then vape away.

@FichoZG — I posted the above in the original N2 thread: New Aspire Nautilus 2 tank just released!

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
Ah ok. I'll try not priming the coil when its time for a new one.

I'm finding that this tank has bedding in period or the metal surround is slowly loosening by itself. A few times I've noticed a tiny leak when i move the air flow adjuster back and forth. I check the metal surround tighteness and i can tighten it a tiny little bit and the leak stops again. Odd

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Ah ok. I'll try not priming the coil when its time for a new one.

I'm finding that this tank has bedding in period or the metal surround is slowly loosening by itself. A few times I've noticed a tiny leak when i move the air flow adjuster back and forth. I check the metal surround tighteness and i can tighten it a tiny little bit and the leak stops again. Odd

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
What coil are you using in it. And what is your juice ratio?

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Mine's starting leaking too, I find this a much more problematic tank than the Triton Mini & Nautilus Mini. I never had one issue of leaking/flooding with them! The flavour is great but boy it just leaks like crazy, even when you turn it upside down an use the tips to stop it doing it.
I don't have the Nautilus 2. I do have the Triton Mini and Nautilus Mini's, I never had any of mine leak either. Sorry to hear of the problems some are having with the N2, I thought maybe the issue was newer coils with larger holes, etc, but if its leaking with the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm Nautilus coils then its not the coils. I love the look of the N2, but I don't want any more thanks that leak out the air holes like my subtank mini did, vaping high PG juices.

Reactions: Skold

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I love the look of the N2, but I don't want any more thanks that leak out the air holes like my subtank mini did, vaping high PG juices.

The majority of the flavors I vape are 50/50 with a few 70% VG. I do however have one tobacco flavor that is 100% PG that I vape in the N2 — absolutely zero leaking. I use the 1.8 ohm coil other than the 0.7 ohm with my 70% VG flavors.

McBizness

Jun 29, 2017
I've got 2 Nauti 2s and never had an issue. It gurgles a tiny but when I fill it, but I can vape through that in a couple hits. I fill mine pretty much all the way to the top, too, past the recommended fill line. The trick is to keep the mod flat when you put the top cap on. I just set it in the table when I'm screwing it back on. If it's tilted even a bit, juice will pour out over the edge of the glass and get trapped between the outside of the glass and the cage. When this hapens juice slowly seeps out of the seams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread