Halo Ecig doesnt let critical/negitive reviews count!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDankNuggs

Feb 13, 2013
CT
So I posted a bunch a juice reviews on Halo's site and it would appear that they don't let critical reviews be counted against their products. I rated two of their juices 2 stars because I didn't like them, but it appears as though Halo only lets positive reviews count their site. The favorable reviews I gave them were all posted and the two unfavorable reviews I gave them were not posted and counted towards their ratings. On the site it does say that they will only post reviews without spelling errors and that are thoughtful & constructive, I just find it odd that my positive reviews were ok but for some reason my critical reviews were not ok. Kind of disappointing to see that Halo cant take a bit of criticism especially when they are happy to post their positive reviews. Halo has a few good juices but all the rating you see should be taken with a grain of salt considering they troll threw and make sure no one is able to leave a critical review. In addition to the review thing I must also say their customer service is pretty weak it is darn near impossible to get in touch with someone on the phone and it took 3 days for them to respond to my email, guess when your used to dealing with Mt Baker Vapor you get a bit spoiled with great customer service. Tribecca is a good enough juice that I will still be ordering from them but I can tell ya that I wont be trying any new flavors any time soon.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Many vendors do this and I think it is really short-sighted. Whenever I go to any site and see all positive or mostly positive reviews, I don't trust the reviews. Especially on something as subjective as juice. The vendors need to realize that in the vaping world not everyone is happy with everything. So, don't try to sell every product you have to every user. Let them talk and hash it out among themselves. It benefits the customer in that he knows he's at least getting something that he thinks he will like. It benefits the vendor too, in the idea that the vendor builds up a reputation for honesty. And let's face it, if a customer gets an item you sold him and he hates it, is he likely to return and order other things from you? You might sell 100 things he likes and he got the one thing from you that he hates because he read skewed reviews. Head that off at the pass, let honest reviews (even negative ones) stand.

When I'm looking at juice reviews, I'm more or less not even caring whether the person liked it. I'm looking for flavor notes, how it taste on inhale/exhale, after tastes etc.

OP, I recommend that you take any review on a vendor site with a grain of salt. That is what ECF is here for. A place that is independent where users can give their honest opinions. So, look at their reviews if you want, but then come here for the real unbiased look.

DrDankNuggs

Feb 13, 2013
CT
Good points made above! That is one of many areas where Mt Baker takes the cake, great customer service and they let the reviewers say their bit regardless of if they agree or not. I have to agree that it is better for business to let the reviews speak the truth to rather than moderating them. Taste a pretty subjective and it seems impossible for all of your juices to have 4.5-5 star reviews I mean someone out there had to dislike it. The other problem is their incentivizing the review process by giving you reward points, now they are only giving you the reward points for positive reviews makes ya wonder how many reviews were positive fluff pieces just so they could get the 25 points!

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Yeah, you have to wonder when every item on the site is rated at 4 to 5 stars, we all know that not everyone is pleased with every thing they order. I can understand not posting reviews that are nothing more than just a rant, however there have to be some negative reviews submitted that are well written and contain legitimate points.

Like a previous poster stated, forums like this are good place to get honest reviews. Many good reviewers out there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread