Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Correct, 100% PG free would be the better way to describe it, and I've used those exact words before. However, at THAT time there was confusion as well.

As for labels on what we consume, that's a different and much longer conversation. On our product however, there are so few ingredients that it is cost effective and time saving to have them all listed. I wasn't trying to confuse anyone, my thoughts were simple and pragmatically focused. I'll get them changed with the next set to say "may contain".

Whatever the case, Gamel is the strangest flavor I've had all year, and strangely enough, it's a flavor I feel I can not, now, do without! Great stuff!

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
The strangest flavor that you cannot do w/out but at the same time not recommend to anyone else? lol. I love the stuff too. Got my first order of it last month. I think it's that sweet cured tobacco flavor with the thick and smooth texture that does it for me.

Whatever the case, Gamel is the strangest flavor I've had all year, and strangely enough, it's a flavor I feel I can not, now, do without! Great stuff!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
The strangest flavor that you cannot do w/out but at the same time not recommend to anyone else? lol. I love the stuff too. Got my first order of it last month. I think it's that sweet cured tobacco flavor with the thick and smooth texture that does it for me.

Yes! It is like my Durian liquid. haha.

I am no longer much into Boba's since I think it doesn't taste the same, but I would recommend it in a heartbeat. Even still, I would take Gamel over Boba's in the blink of an eye, and I am now looking into B4, FC and C&D just in case they may do it for me like Gamel.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Durian liquid? Dear lord!! Has anyone ever called the coroner on you while vaping it?

I've tried FC and B4. The FC to me tastes a bit like what a hay stack smells like but in a good way. It has a bit of that green plant flavor to it. B4 I am not quite sure what to think of it. Sometimes I get Gamel, sometimes FC, sometimes a bit of honey. The only one I've not yet tried is C&D. Please get back to us w/ your thoughts after you try it.

Yes! It is like my Durian liquid. haha.

I am no longer much into Boba's since I think it doesn't taste the same, but I would recommend it in a heartbeat. Even still, I would take Gamel over Boba's in the blink of an eye, and I am now looking into B4, FC and C&D just in case they may do it for me like Gamel.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Durian liquid? Dear lord!! Has anyone ever called the coroner on you while vaping it?

I've tried FC and B4. The FC to me tastes a bit like what a hay stack smells like but in a good way. It has a bit of that green plant flavor to it. B4 I am not quite sure what to think of it. Sometimes I get Gamel, sometimes FC, sometimes a bit of honey. The only one I've not yet tried is C&D. Please get back to us w/ your thoughts after you try it.

Cool. I will attempt to be serious with my impressions. ;)

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
I get this; I totally get this. However, and I do not refute your position on this, but when I tasted Boba's before, I tasted what seemed to me to be a natural tobacco base (I PMed you about this, but never heard back) and now when I taste Boba's, I get a heavy dose of Gamel (not saying that Gamel is not a natural tobacco base, but it is quite distinct and impossible to hide--even in costume). Now, the interesting thing is that I can deal with Gamel and all of its briny, vinegar like taste (I dig it); but with Boba's, it ("it" meaning the other flavor that makes Boba's, Boba's) doesn't fair well (to me) against the backdrop of that base. It just can't compete.

I have been vaping now since 2010 and for the past 2 years I have used the same mod, the same attys (same brand and resistance), and the same watts (res/voltage). Hell, I even use the same drip tips. LOL. I said all that to say that if you say you haven't changed anything about Boba's since it's inception, then I take you word for it; but take my for it when I say this liquid does not taste the same as it did (I first had it early last year and have had some since). Yes, the top of Boba's is the same, but the bottom (base) does not taste the same at all.

Mr.Mann,

I agree. I've been vaping for almost 3 years now, same set up regarding hardware. Since the re-opening of avejuice, all of the boba I've tried recently is not the same taste and experience as in the past. I loved the boba from the past and it was my all day EVERYDAY chain vape. I knew the flavor like I know when I am drinking Coke or Pepsi. Anyway, the new batches my coworker has ordered for himself and for me have all been off from the original. There's a certain over powering flavor which we don't know what it is since we never knew what any of the flavors were, but there's one there that wasn't there before or it's just more pronounced now. That "natural tobacco base" you speak of is what we've both loved in the past and doesn't seem to be present. And these are steeped for a month now. Further, in our opinion, the vapor production is less and these recent batches seem to "kill" the atty faster than normal. We've always used CISCO spec attys at the same resistance. Our other juices work fine but for some odd reason the new batches of boba seem to hamper the attys performance. Very bizarre. I have been holding out to place a new order in the hopes other boba fans would chime in on this issue as well. So I am extremely thankful to find your post.

Thank you,

ice

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Mr.Mann,

I agree. I've been vaping for almost 3 years now, same set up regarding hardware. Since the re-opening of avejuice, all of the boba I've tried recently is not the same taste and experience as in the past. I loved the boba from the past and it was my all day EVERYDAY chain vape. I knew the flavor like I know when I am drinking Coke or Pepsi. Anyway, the new batches my coworker has ordered for himself and for me have all been off from the original. There's a certain over powering flavor which we don't know what it is since we never knew what any of the flavors were, but there's one there that wasn't there before or it's just more pronounced now. That "natural tobacco base" you speak of is what we've both loved in the past and doesn't seem to be present. And these are steeped for a month now. Further, in our opinion, the vapor production is less and these recent batches seem to "kill" the atty faster than normal. We've always used CISCO spec attys at the same resistance. Our other juices work fine but for some odd reason the new batches of boba seem to hamper the attys performance. Very bizarre. I have been holding out to place a new order in the hopes other boba fans would chime in on this issue as well. So I am extremely thankful to find your post.

Thank you,

ice

Well, you know how I feel. ;)

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
So I got together with a few fellow Boba's Bounty fans and had a vape with my stock. They all agreed it is not the same flavor they were expecting. Additionally we all noticed that there seemed to be a bit of Flue Cured flavor as well as possibly some Bee's Knees flavor in it. We were not so sure about the Bee's Knees but we definitely got some honey flavor. We were also positive that we could taste the Flue Cured in it as well.

I'm not sure if that helps anyone but there ya go.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Sorry WarHawk, you lost me. How would Alien Vapor trying to pose as AVE Juice impact the flavor of the juice that we're buying from AVE Juice?

BW, its simple actaully--it wouldn't have any bearing on what AVE does. LOL. I am going to try again with a small bottle from AVE and see what I get. Unfortunately, I am ordering from AVE and not It's-like-a-box-of-chocolates.com, so I should know what I am going to get (we'll see).

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
What is weird as well is Gorilla Juice tastes a bit different to me. I'm using all the same gear and stuff and this batch has been steeping for 3-4 weeks. Not asking for Ben to change out anything, but it does concern me as well. I thought maybe since I haven't been smoking for a couple of months now that my taste has changed. I've always felt that GJ was Boba's with banana added. Perhaps a flavor supplier has changed? Or it's not Ben mixing all the bottles now?

The juice was fantastic when I grabbed some during the soft opens and I only order 30ml bottles. Hope the next batch I order is right, if not it may not be my go to juice anymore.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I recently received a bottle of Gamel I purchased second hand and while I will not hold Ben responsible (without buying it directly from him), I can say that it was wildly different (it almost tastes fruity, but mine is briny, fermented tasting, and almost vinegary--I love it) I am also not saying the person I bought it from *did" anything to it. I will buy it again (oy vey) from AVE just to see if what I initially got can be obtained again, and if not, I will not only be ......, but I will have some things to say. I have some of my first bottle, so I will keep that as "evidence." And the first bottle of Gamel tastes EXACTLY the same as it did upon arrival. I have hope, but if that hope is crushed, I will speak on it.

NoBS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Oregon, USA
just ordered some BB. Interested to see what all the hype is about
Can't give you any advice on the flavor side due to my inexperience, but I ordered some BB & Gorilla Juice last week, received on Thursday and have been chain vaping without steeping.
If it gets any better with age, then I'm screwed and have become a slave to 1/3 Gorilla to 2/3 Boba mix.
Hell, already know I'm enslaved to this mix, just ordered a second batch! :evil: Dam you GorBo! :glare:

You know it's bad when I only get 4 hours out of a kgo mega 1300mAh variable battery due to chain vaping...

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
I have some bad news for you. There's a lot of us that chain vape so much that we go through 2600 mah 18650 batts in less than 2 hours =p

Can't give you any advice on the flavor side due to my inexperience, but I ordered some BB & Gorilla Juice last week, received on Thursday and have been chain vaping without steeping.
If it gets any better with age, then I'm screwed and have become a slave to 1/3 Gorilla to 2/3 Boba mix.
Hell, already know I'm enslaved to this mix, just ordered a second batch! :evil: Dam you GorBo! :glare:

You know it's bad when I only get 4 hours out of a kgo mega 1300mAh variable battery due to chain vaping...

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
BentWookie I think part of it is you being from San Francisco. Driving through San Fran during rush hour trying to get to Half Moon Bay to visit my mother has gotta be one of the most stressful things ever! They are freaking nuts with motorcycles driving between lanes and people cutting you off all the time lol. I'm from Toronto and big city driving is in my blood. San Fran is in a category all on it's own. I also have a lead foot and a very fast car.

That is not a friendly city dude. Back to the current discussion I need sleep anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread