Have you bought an e-cig just to get someone to stop smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISTERDIEABETIC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The first day I made the switch from analog's to e-cigs I told my girlfriend that I would get her one too and we'd quit together. I haven't bought a pack since July 4th. She hasn't been sticking to the e-cig as well as I have, but it's still progress. I've only started vaping back in June, and since then i've gone a little shopping happy. These are some of the cigs I've bought. (Her's is the one with the purple tank)
20130808_101444.jpg 20130815_203025.jpg

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia
I wanted to purchase my mom some ecigs long ago but didn't know they were so cheap, i just seen the expensive ones, luckily my dad got her onto them about 2 months ago, me/we plan to try to get my wifes moms and maybe her brother and his wife some, maybe the reg looking cig types. we love our ego's but not sure they would, most likely they would like real looking cig types.
if had the money i would buy bunch and give to friends.

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I wanted to purchase my mom some ecigs long ago but didn't know they were so cheap, i just seen the expensive ones, luckily my dad got her onto them about 2 months ago, me/we plan to try to get my wifes moms and maybe her brother and his wife some, maybe the reg looking cig types. we love our ego's but not sure they would, most likely they would like real looking cig types.
if had the money i would buy bunch and give to friends.

Do what I did. After I upgraded from my Ego-C Twist, I started loaning it to friends. I would loan them the Ego, a battery charger, a couple of cartos I punched, an old carto tank, and a tank filler. I would take them to the local B&M, and they could try different juices. I would buy them one and show them how to prime and fill a carto. Then I would send them home with it for a week. It usually worked. They would order their own rig after the first week. Usually works.

Greg W.

Last edited:

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I didn't exactly buy a kit for someone to get them to quit analogs BUT when I did my upgrade I gave my starter kit with some extra Atomizers and some juices to my daughter's mother to get her to quit. I bought myself a EGO Evic , an EGO-C 1000mAh as a back up and 15 Kanger EVODs. I gave her 2 650mAh EGO-Cs, 4 CE5s and 4 different juices. She is a 2.5 PAD. I hope this works for her.

MISTERDIEABETIC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Do what I did. After I upgraded from my Ego-C Twist, I started loaning it to friends. I would loan them the Ego, a battery charger, a couple of cartos I punched, an old carto tank, and a tank filler. I would take them to the local B&M, and they could try different juices. I would buy them one and show them how to prime and fill a carto. Then I would send them home with it for a week. It usually worked. They would order their own rig after the first week. Usually works.

Greg W.
I've done the same with people I worked with. Most of the time the first time they vape they are immediately interested. Sometimes they don't even need to taste it, they get intrigued just by the scent of the juice alone.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I've bought specifically for someone.

However, I never insist they try and quit the analogs........but often tell people how pleased I am with switching to e-cigs.

I have given away some of my used set ups, that were in great condition, to a few of my friends. Two of them have completely switched to vaping and one uses the equipment I gave her.

I got a great deal of some pretty good disposables once and carried one with me to give to people who were curious about vaping. I happen to run into one of them weeks later and she approached me with a big smile and a big thank you.

Last edited:

StacyInOkla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Oklahoma
More like hand me down. A friend had mentioned she wanted to buy an ecig and make the switch but didn't have the money for it. My husbands normal ride to work is on vacation so I had to take him to work and pick him up for a couple days. I told my friend I'd give her one of my eGos with an iClear 16 and $10 to take him for me. Since getting a couple Twists, Protank and atty I didn't use the non twist anymore and her car gets better gas mileage so it was a win for both of us. I gave her a bottle of juice that no one in my house would vape, but she liked. That was last week and she's only had a couple cigarettes.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Bought a Blu Starter Kit for my granddaughter's boyfriend....he and I quit analogs together (3 weeks ago TODAY 8/19!!!)...
He likes menthol...so I got him some Tundra from Johnson Creek and some blank carts to fill.....
He's really liking it....but I haven't got him started on mods....yet!!! He's on a VERY limited budget, and I can't spring a lot of $$ to help him out....
I'm gonna let him try my Ego Twist/Protank 2 unit soon...just to gauge his "reaction"!!!!;)

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia

Greg W.

Great idea, Only issue not many Shops around where I/we/friends live, I never been in a shop before but according to the thread on here there is one in the town im going to this week I plan to stop in and see a real store front, How does the trying liquids work? they let you try different ones if your going to purchase a set amount or what?

WakingVirtue

Jul 26, 2013
WI
I have purchased some cigalikes for myself and didn't really care for them so I asked my mom if she would want to try them. One of my buddies also was going to attempt to quit analogs shortly after I switched. I gave him a new ego twist I had, so he could try and see if it was for him. My mom goes between both e-cigs and analog and my buddy has been analog free since he tried the ego twist with an iclear 16.

Pattycakusu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2013
Las Vegas
I have a couple of sisters that have been smoking analogs for years and years and my Brother goes through a pack or two a day!!!
They will all visit in a week or so as they live in different states.
I've been vaping for a little over 1 month with a chentinel and a nimbus and if they see that they might be all bugging out.
So i recently bought an ego starter kit to show them and hopefully they will be interested in putting down that analog habit.

txgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Texas
I've been giving away my old gear as I upgrade.

Both my dad and my gf now have ecigs. Unfortunately they are nowhere near as enthusiastic about it as I am. I'd buy either of them any ecig they wanted if they would put more effort into quitting analogs but I don't try to be to pushy. That never worked well with me.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Yes, several but the best result was my stepson, not that he had a choice if he wanted to smoke in my house while he lived with us. He got a great job in the Dallas area and moved over there and, the first thing he did was go to every B&M in the DFW area and buy at least a bottle of juice from every one of them. He's a gadget geek anyway and, loves building remote controlled cars so, RBAs were right up his alley, he's hooked and forever trying to improve his gear LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread