Status
Not open for further replies.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Oh, you better believe it! :banana:

Obviously I'll be submitting multiple comments focusing on all sorts of things, and usually in a style more serious than this..

But, after all the nonsense from our opponents, sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, and just have some fun... :D

Why is the FDA even bothering trying to regulate e-cigarettes? The FDA can't even handle things that they are already supposed to regulate -- like highly-addictive nicotine gum & lozenges containing ingredients derived from what the FDA & Congress define as tobacco.

Any child or teenager under the age of 18 can simply visit the websites of national pharmacy chains like CVS (www.cvs.com) or Walgreens (www.walgreens.com), and with the appropriate information, purchase these concentrated-nicotine gums & lozenges and have them delivered to their home by the post office.

A simple search of these pharmacy websites will bring up dozens of available products in colorful & enticing packaging that are clearly marketed towards young children.

These products come in flavors like "Cool Mint," "Fruit Wave," "Cinnamon" & "Cherry." Not to mention that the nicotine lozenges look like little candies -- and we all know how much children love their candy.

And gum? Nicotine-laced gum? What are these companies & the FDA trying to do to our innocent children?? Addict them for life *and* give them cavities? Shame on all of you.

Regulate e-cigarettes? No, obviously the FDA already has too much on their plate, as they can't even handle regulating products that they already are supposed to be regulating! The FDA is trying to bite off much more than they could possibly chew -- pun not intended, of course.

I request that the FDA does not regulate e-cigarettes. Instead, they need to get a handle on these nicotine-laced gums & candies clearly marketed towards our children.

Thank you for your time & expected cooperation in this matter.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
(...)

Why is the FDA even bothering trying to regulate e-cigarettes? The FDA can't even handle things that they are already supposed to regulate -- like highly-addictive nicotine gum & lozenges containing ingredients derived from what the FDA & Congress define as tobacco.

Any child or teenager under the age of 18 can simply visit the websites of national pharmacy chains like CVS (www.cvs.com) or Walgreens (www.walgreens.com), and with the appropriate information, purchase these concentrated-nicotine gums & lozenges and have them delivered to their home by the post office.

A simple search of these pharmacy websites will bring up dozens of available products in colorful & enticing packaging that are clearly marketed towards young children.

These products come in flavors like "Cool Mint," "Fruit Wave," "Cinnamon" & "Cherry." Not to mention that the nicotine lozenges look like little candies -- and we all know how much children love their candy.

And gum? Nicotine-laced gum? What are these companies & the FDA trying to do to our innocent children?? Addict them for life *and* give them cavities? Shame on all of you.

Regulate e-cigarettes? No, obviously the FDA already has too much on their plate, as they can't even handle regulating products that they already are supposed to be regulating! The FDA is trying to bite off much more than they could possibly chew -- pun not intended, of course.

I request that the FDA does not regulate e-cigarettes. Instead, they need to get a handle on these nicotine-laced gums & candies clearly marketed towards our children.

Ho. My.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Ha, thanks for all the likes & compliments.. :)

The entire writing & submittal process didn't take long at all, and was pretty easy..

This is just my 1st comment..

I'm going to try to submit one each day (or thereabouts) from yesterday until the deadline.. Looking at least a dozen different coments, if not more, with each comment tracking # emailed to CASAA, per their CTA, which I think is very important & makes their job easier...

Obviously will be following CASAA's guidelines in their latest CTA for at least one of my comment's subject matter.. But I think it's good for people to also step outside those parameters if they want.. Not only will it put these other ideas on public record for all to see, but also give CASAA & other organizations some "ammo" to work with which might help win this thing...

Other examples of comments I'm thinking of doing are: Painting a bleak picture of the black market in the post-FDA reg era; "Connecting the dots" in terms of the FDA/BP/BT trio, as well as those in Congress calling for regs; Submitting studies on the (potential) benefits of nicotine (including Parkinson's & Alzheimer's); Listing Mitch Zeller's ties to certain groups which pose a conflict of interest & calling for his resignation; Picking apart flawed studies that the FDA is using; Using Zeller's own public words against him; Etc., etc...

Really, the sky is the limit with this..

And now is the time.. Multiple comments with various angles on multiple topics.. We really need to get that comment count up...

Speak now or forever hold your peace!

Do it for current vapers, do it for future vapers, do it for those with smokers & vapers in their lives...

EDIT: Be sure to copy/paste/save your comments to your hard drive, for possible future use.. :)

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've considered submitting picturers because sometimes they seem to say more than words. These were found around the net and there are plenty more. My point is that "for the children" undermines crediability of the agency. Maybe I should point to a few YouTube videos of teenagers plastering themselves with nic patches until they get sick?

fda 561485330638847_9104252376105016290_n.jpg fda ad 8caa1d4ba8a77fad6816b34040e6029e.jpg fda ad 909502880cea904ea8a9faa845a81303.jpg fda baileys for kids.jpg fdatruth.jpg

Last edited:

Exhaler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Mountains of NC, USA
Those are some great comments. ALL the posts and threads here make a lot of sense, but to a determined FDA run by anti-nic fanatics and screamers they mean little, unfortunately. We are dealing with anti-nic idealogues who only believe that the only good nic is none at all.

I still can't wrap my head around the FDA ignoring the increased use and legalization of a certain plant used for making rope and the stomping on Ecigs. Real kids are
using that stuff you can legally get in a couple of states and there are well known harmful effects from it. I can only believe it all does come down to the major tobacco companies losing profits and the states and feds losing taxes. The "kids" issue is a side show and just used as a scare tactic.

SolRayz

Jan 2, 2012
Fort Lauderdale

Obviously I'll be submitting multiple comments focusing on all sorts of things, and usually in a style more serious than this..

But, after all the nonsense from our opponents, sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, and just have some fun... :D

The fact the FDA has any credibility on this issue is laughable at best, at worst, they are downright criminal. Hell, they even allow cigs to be sold in pharmacies!!! PHARMACIES!!!! They could care less about us, scientific fact, or reason/logic. Clearly they are bought and sold to big tobacco and big pharma.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
I had some fun today too. Couldn't let this whole thing go without at least one snarky comment:

Psssst....you let your true motivations slip with this statement in the regulations:

"The proposed rule also deems any future
tobacco products that meet the statutory definition of "tobacco product" except accessories of
such product to be subject to FDA's authorities under chapter IX of the FD&C Act. For example,
FDA envisions that there could be tobacco products developed in the future that provide nicotine
delivery (e.g., via dermal or buccal absorption), similar to currently marketed medicinal nicotine
products, but which are not marketed for therapeutic purposes. Such products would be "tobacco
products" and subject to FDA's chapter IX authorities should the deeming rule be finalized."

All future products are automatically deemed? Really??? It's bad enough that nicotine water and nicotine toothpicks will be subject to these burdensome regulations. But to automatically include anything else that may come along in the future is beyond absurd.

Methinks the pharmaceutical industry is pressuring you for these regulations in order to protect their profits against competition from anyone who would dare to create a nicotine lozenge or gum for recreational use, and then dare to price them as such.

Mustn't let anyone else sell 160 pieces of gum for less than $40.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

Ok, I decided to enjoy myself to. This was in response to some _____ professional saying the FDA should hurry up and finalize a ban on ecigs....(forgive me, it's off the top of my head. I enjoyed doing it though)

As a vaper I would like to urge the FDA to ban all flavors from all products for adults. To prevent kids from becoming addicted to coffee, it should taste like water. Adults should not have flavored alcohol and that should be made to taste like water - and there should be no difference between vodka, whisky, rum or scotch. Alcoholism is a serious disease and a frequent cause for life threatening car accidents. All of our insurance rates would go down immediately. The Senate should not be allowed to have a candy desk - yes, there is a candy desk in the senate!!! No wonder they are all wired up and can't focus on getting anything done. What kind of a role model does that provide for our children! Soda's should have no flavoring or no sugar and should taste the same as alcohol, er water. Food coloring isn't healthy either, I guess. I'm not sure what to do here but I bet the FDA does. The effect of no more flavoring would go a long way to preventing diabetes and ending obesity.
<p></p>
I expect this to happen before April of next year since this has been going on for far too long - several centuries? Where was the FDA in the 1800's when all of this started? The FDA should be doing a much better job. They should have predicted this would happen when the FTSPCA act was signed, even if some of these products didn't exist yet - the FDA should have known that someday they would.
<p></p>
Thank you very much for reading.
Your Comment Tracking Number: 1jy-8dom-85f1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread