RDA Having issues with Goon RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRILLHEAUX

Jun 4, 2016
Apologies if I don't use the correct terminology.

Just got it in the mail. As soon as I got my hands on it, it was impossible to twist the exterior portion to align the air holes. Took off the the exterior, put it back on, and it was a bit better. Through trying to get this thing set up over the past 30 minutes, I've removed and replaced the exterior a handful of times and it's twisting adequately.

The problem now is I can't get the damn base off. Every video I've watched has shown it painlessly popping off. For example:

I've taken screwdrivers and tried to push it out with no luck. I've taken two pairs of pliers, gripped the part that screws into the modbox + the "inner exterior", pulled them apart, and no luck.

From what I see, the screw on the bottom is just for the terminals attached to the base. Am I missing something? A bit nervous as the website I purchased it from claims no warranty. Don't know if that will include DOA's. Currently have the base/"inner exterior" sitting in olive oil, hoping it will loosen it up a bit.

Reactions: Insanelysick

THRILLHEAUX

Jun 4, 2016
After about an hour working on the little ......., I finally got it. I had to screw it into my box mod (MVP 3.0 Pro) and hold on to that while yanking on the "inner exterior" with pliers. Unfortunately, before that, I roughed up the threads a it, so it doesn't screw into the box mod terribly smoothly, but it's functional. Fantastic taste. Vaping with the Goon is night and day compared to my Innokin Apex tank. I'll be using it 90% of the time, switching to the Apex whenever I go out (it seems pretty much entirely leakproof). Thanks for the help Mr. Neon.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I hope you swapped out the o-rings while you had it apart? You should never need any kind of tool to dismantle. In the future, screw the RDA onto a mod with a solid 510 (a mech would be beneficial) and slowly "rock" the cap off. There is nothing worse than a mark on a piece of your gear caused by a tool.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I hope you swapped out the o-rings while you had it apart? You should never need any kind of tool to dismantle. In the future, screw the RDA onto a mod with a solid 510 (a mech would be beneficial) and slowly "rock" the cap off. There is nothing worse than a mark on a piece of your gear caused by a tool.

I still use one of my Hammer(picture in my avatar) as a base for cleaning and building. Works like a charm.

Reactions: opticruby

Crkbow

Apr 23, 2016
I still use one of my Hammer(picture in my avatar) as a base for cleaning and building. Works like a charm.
I do something similar except my sacrificial lamb isn't as nice looking. I use a first batch bunk Kanger Dripbox for removing caps on all my new RDAs (the little insulator ring for the + battery connection came out so it hard shorts)

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I do something similar except my sacrificial lamb isn't as nice looking. I use a first batch bunk Kanger Dripbox for removing caps on all my new RDAs (the little insulator ring for the + battery connection came out so it hard shorts)

I had 2 hammers so I turned one into a building/cleaning station after a failed attempt ato making the battery go in line with the atty. Couldn't get the firing pin to rest safely and was always scared I was gonna auto fire and send the cell into thermal runaway. Decided the constant stress wasn't worth it and scrapped the idea for a much better alternative (IMO). I still run the "good" hammer from time to time lol!

Reactions: Crkbow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread