RDA N22 RDA (Nova 22) Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusianSky

Verified Member
May 25, 2014
Pittsburgh
I am interested in this atty, but will wait to hear more feedback from Magma users. Magma is one of my top attys (it and the Hobo). I heard that the airflow on this is tight because the holes are small. I definitely don't want anything tighter than the Magma. I am curious how it is with flavor compared to the Magma.

Pclarity

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Fairfax County VA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419964686.891347.jpg

Ivogo clone. Ohms @1.7 29awg

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
I have both the Magma and N22. Airflow is a little bit tighter on the N22, but neither are real cloud chasers. Flavor is identical on both for me. The Magma is easier to build it has two posts. With the N22 you have to build coils off center to position them over the air holes. Magma has threaded top cap, N22 is held by o-rings. N22 is easier to re drip if you prefer not to drip through drip tip hole. Magma, N22, and Lancia all have similar flavor profiles for me, all among the best I've tried. But each has it's individual drawbacks. With clones so inexpensive, I'd pick up an N22 and a Lancia to complement your Magma.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Last edited:

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I've had my authentic N22 for about a month now, and got to play with the FT clone for a few days right before mine came in the vape mail. If the FT N22 clone is among your favorite attys then this is one authentic you might consider picking up as this is ine atty where machining counts. The major difference is in the airholes. Not only are they moved in closer to the posts which makes positioning coils easier (my first build on the clone shorted out on the top cap) but they are bigger. Airflow on the authentic is easily twice that of the clone, even the cyclops openings at the base are visibly wider. Other upgrades you'll get with the authentic is a overall higher quality of craftsmanship and materials, a deeper juice well, and a shorter profile. Though I was a little bummed to find that while the authentic's chamber is highly reduced, the top cap is not domed, I'm assuming this is to accommodate large builds.

My main issue with the FT N22 was that the draw was comparable to the magma, but I get a better vape from my Magma without the pain of having to do a center build. I've only been trying center post builds for a few months now and the N22 has been one of the more labor intensive attys to build. That said the N22 is the mega-Magma I was looking for, I am loving this thing. Flavor is clean and smooth whether its 1/2 closed at 40w or wide open at 90w. I like that the separate air holes redistribute the airflow evenly across the coils regardless of how open it's set, and I think it makes a difference when closing it down for flavor. Apart from overfilling, any juice that does manage to weep down into the openings gets sucked back into the chamber on your draw so it doesn't get on the outside of the atty. When I want big flavor this is the atty I've been reaching for.

Last edited:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Uh yea.... At a price point of $130 for the authentic I think I'll take my chances on the $10-ish clones.

Heck I might even splurge on the Tobeco model for $15. At $130 that atty better come with a "handy".

Minor deficiencies in machining on a FT or other clone are easily solved with a dremel and carbide burr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread