Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just dropped my Inbox on a carpeted floor, now does not read Atty....of well, it was good while it lasted. So much for durability.
Must of hit in just the right spot to screw something up,i dropped mine on the concrete a few weeks back,actually it kinda flew out of my hand and hit pretty hard,but luckily mine kept working.Not sure i'll be that lucky if it happens again though.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Just dropped my Inbox on a carpeted floor, now does not read Atty....of well, it was good while it lasted. So much for durability.

Must of hit in just the right spot to screw something up,i dropped mine on the concrete a few weeks back,actually it kinda flew out of my hand and hit pretty hard,but luckily mine kept working.Not sure i'll be that lucky if it happens again though.

I agree that it must have hit it just right. I dropped mine as well (basement floor - tile over cement) and all I ended up with was a little dent on the bottom.

32797225233_6577d46076_z.jpg

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I do the same, except there would NOT be any Sweet Spot TI wire or a profile setup for it. [emoji38]

These are the ones I use all the time.
kanthal-png.619211
ss316l-png.619213
ss430-png.619215
titanium-png.619217

I do need to add a NiFe70 profile for when it arrives next week.

I use the spare profile space for the drippers or tanks that usually stay on the mod.
squape-rs-png.619229
kronos-png.619225
crius-plus-png.619219
etc... :thumbs:
[removed] Either way, one of those 3 will work for the ones I've tried.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I like the rainbow colored version and the DNA chip and may get one this month.
How does it sqounk?
Any leaks from tank,510,or threads around 510?
Any pro and con list available on hcigar inbox?

This is the one I got, though I changed the door/panel to the leather. I have had it since mid-January. It squonks very well. IMO the bottles that come with it are in that sweet spot not to firm, but not to soft. Fasttech has the replacements cheap though I am still using the ones that came with it.

I have not had any leaks from the 510 or the threads around the 510, but it does get a little wet under there when switching RDAs.

The two cons I have with it are -
  1. The Squonk hole position - I prefer it in the front, not the side - this is personal preference, but I still pick this over the Therion. I have not had the issue of my thumb catching the door and pulling it off as some reviewers (Todd) have had.
  2. You will want to use a paper towel and remove the battery when filling. I don't pull the tube when I refill, just slip the bottle off. If I don't wipe the tube off after taking the bottle out, it gets a little wet. I take the battery out too, cause I stained the wrap the first time I refilled the bottle because I didn't wipe the tube down and now I'm paranoid
Other than that, I have no issues with this mod and it has become my daily driver. I plan on picking up a 2nd for if this one ever dies, I want a backup, but I need to stock up on nic first :vapor:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Sounds good.
I have a few mech mod squonk mods but VW mods are so much easier on batteries and one doesn't need to try half a dozen coils to get desired vapor.
I'm guessing the 510 pin has a spring under it for adjustment?

Huh I never really checked ....... looking at it and attempting to push down with a screwdriver there is a little movement, but not what I would expect with a spring loaded 510. I will say I have not had an issue with the RDA making contact nor have I had an issue with an RDA not sitting flush

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I do the same, except there would NOT be any Sweet Spot TI wire or a profile setup for it. :lol:

These are the ones I use all the time.
    kanthal-png.619211
    ss316l-png.619213
    ss430-png.619215
    titanium-png.619217

I do need to add a NiFe70 profile for when it arrives next week.

I use the spare profile space for the drippers or tanks that usually stay on the mod.
    squape-rs-png.619229
    kronos-png.619225
    crius-plus-png.619219
    etc... :thumbs:
    I like those screen displays.Is there places on the DNA software updates/uploads to get those?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I like those screen displays.Is there places on the DNA software updates/uploads to get those?
    If you shift Right Click each image, there should be an option to save the image as a .png file.

Once you have the ones you want saved, they can be loaded using eScribe. In the General Tab there is an option to load a graphic for each profile.

Reactions: pianoguy

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I'm long overdue for either a new notebook but I have no idea what type to get for my limited use.
    I only use mine for surfing the web,and using the various software for updating my mods,so when i got a new one,i went with a cheap Hp from Walmart.Tax and all was under $300,if i remember i think it came to like $270 shipped.I had no need to get any of the high priced higher end stuff for the simple things that i do.

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    If you must buy stuff at Walmart know this, I used to work for places like this (best buy, circuit city etc) and its the reason I only shop online now... 90% of what's on the floor is old stock, the new stuff is sitting in the back waiting for the old to move out.

If you buy a laptop off the floor from Walmart, best buy etc. there's a good chance your getting a mobo/processor that's at least a year old.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I finally pushed purchase on the hcigar inbox.The DNA 75 chip in a sqounk mod was too hard to pass up.Plus other than door magnets I haven't seen any negative reviews or that many cons.
    I like my mech mod squonkers but VW is so much easier on batteries,plus so many other benefits.
    I got the multicolor and an extra set of brown panels,plus 10 extra bottles.
    Hopefully I'll get it before end of month.
    Appreciate the help.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I have windows XP in a tower in an old desktop.
    Will windows XP be able to flash chip in DNA 75?
    I would think it can,but i am not positive.A quick way to find out,you don't have to wait until you get the mod,you can download Escribe now,if it downloads on Xp,then i would say it should work fine then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread