Hello I'm new here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone my name is mark and I'm new to the forums and vaping in general. I am looking to purchase one but I don't know too much about them. I have called a place and they told me to go with a mechanical mod for what I wanted and he said the vanilla by smok-e mountain was good. I just want one that produces a lot of smoke lets say like a hookah. And I want to quit smoking cigarettes. If anyone will help with what I should buy that will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If you have a lot of money, that's a good choice for a mech mod. Personally, I would steer you towards a decent vv/vw mod for your first one. A mech doesn't have any protection and lithium batteries can be dangerous. You won't get good vapor off of a mech without winding your own coils, that takes an ohm meter, a basic understanding of electricity and ohm's law specifically. You can tear some stuff including yourself it all goes horribly wrong.

With a vv/vw you have some protection built in, and you can use factory atomizers that you just fill with juice and go. You can adjust your voltage/wattage to get the vapor you want. If you are going to start with a mech mod, I would encourage you to go with a clone or an inexpensive telescope like the KeCig K100.

With a high end mod you might be able to sell it if it's not widely cloned. Me? I'm on a clone budget.

I have been vaping since August 1, 2013. I mostly use mech mods, wrap my own coils and make my own wicks and juice. But I've got a pretty extensive background in electronics and excel at doing the math in my head. If you do go the mech route I would suggest a few hours of YouTube to learn about SAFETY, batteries, BATTERY SAFETY, coil building, wicking materials, types of rebuildable atomizers, etc., etc.. My .02 USD.

cap269

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Buckeye, AZ, USA
For new vapers, I like to recommend an eGo battery with a clearomizer. The eGo batteries are interchangeable with many, many cartos, tanks, and accessories. They charge quickly, and are inexpensive. The eGo Twist is a variable model. If you want a good vapor cloud as well as a good throat hit, use juice that is 50:50 or 60:40 PG:VG ratio, IMO. The great thing about this 'hobby' is that there is some combination out there for everybody. Don't be afraid to try things, and you may actually have to try out a bunch of stuff before you find what really works for you. But, I've been smoke-free for over a year and really love the positive health changes I've experienced so far. Good luck to ya.

ive been looking around and i watched a couple videos on youtube and the way the vanilla hits is exactly what i want. I can manage a lot ive been smoking cigarettes for a long time and ive been smoking hookahg for a really long time. the main thing i think would be what perldog007 was saying about safety. If i were to buy the vanilla mod what would i need to buy with it? and this one doesnt have the volt reader on it.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
If you are truly new to vaping, most of the forum vets would suggest that you should really consider getting a regulated VV/VW device first. 101Vape has the iTaste MVP2 and Sigelei Zmax v3 at terrific prices right now. Both are highly reviewed great performers and would make excellent first mods.

If you want to get into mechs, please spend time studying mechanical mod safety, battery safety, Ohm's law (use a calculator), mod maintenance, and other resources in the ECF library and blogs such as Baditude's (these links are only examples, not exhaustive). Do NOT skimp on high quality IMR batteries from a reliable source such as RTD or Lighthound and a high quality charger (that will not overcharge your batteries) such as the Nitecore I2 or I4. Own a multimeter and use it to regularly test your atomizers, batteries, and mods. Consider using a Kick or fuse when first starting out. There's a lot to learn with a mech. You are the only safety feature, so you need to know what you're doing. :thumb:

And also:
PSA: Cloud Chasing is Dangerous

i looked into it and the sigelei does do great performance and i looked into everything else you said and i might have to go with that one and move up eventually when i learn more into everything. i just don't know what tank i would have to get or the batteries and stuff like that. but thank you for all your advice and i will make note of everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread