Herakles Plus problems... Let down so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hi all, ordered a Herakles Plus and received it about 3 weeks ago or so. At first I used some Mt baker 50/50 6MG and I loved it, but was alarmed how fast it went through juice at 60-65 watts. I think I finished a 120ML in like 8-9 days, anyway...

I love the pull and the draw and the sound, but I'm finding 70% or 80 % VG gives dry hits. I never jumped on board with the whole TC thing, so I don't really feel like ordering the TC coils for the Herakles Plus. My other gripe is when I top fill I have to close the juice channels and unscrew the top cap, this almost always screws up my sweet spot on the airflow holes at the top or bottom. I think the juice control adjusting ring is a poor design.

Anyone else had beefs with this tank? Any suggestion about the dry hits? I keep the juice control wide open with 70-80 % VG and about half with 50/50.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Yeah 0.4 could be a bad 'pack' of coils I suppose. They are from FT. I'm just tired of using my subtank mini, I've been using it 90 % of the time since April 2015. I have yet to find a true replacement. I thought the crown was going to replace it but in the last few months I started dry hitting as well.

P.S these coils are good up to 70 Watts? 60W should have no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread