Hi everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumtzy

Aug 28, 2016
Hello everyone! I just started vaping like a week ago and i love it! It's far better than smoking cigs. I would like to replace my stick e-cig with a better one and start doing lung hits, but my concern is that i will start using too much juice to the point where i will get out of money. Atm i am using approx 3ml/12 nic per day. Can someone tell me approximatly how much the juice consumption will raise?
PS: I want to buy the Ijust S.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Well. How do I put this?
The iJust 2 was a niche product (cloud chasing pen) marketed to newbies and the iJust S takes this madness to a whole new level. Out the box it'll vape at nearing 100w and will consume liquid 10 times faster than a standard pen. You'll need to swap the EC head atomizer to something more 'regular' to tame it. :)

Reactions: dobroeutro

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
I used to go through 5-7 mls with the ec .5 and .3 coils, around 45-50 watts. The .18 316l coil will go through much more juice than those.
Although it is built to handle the .18 coil, I am always sceptical about using such low resistance on an internal battery mod. Battery life will definitely be shorter with this coil, so will the device longevity, but that is my assumption, based on my experiences, not so much on hard facts.
In, my opinion, stainless steel coils bring the best flavor though.
Again, in my opinion, I prefer regulated mods because you can fine tune your power output to suit your needs by pushing buttons instead of buying different coils. With the prices comparable and the reliability of regulated mods where they are not, unregulated mods seem, to me, more of a burden than a bennefit, especially with a built in battery.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
Also, going to a .3-.5 ohm coil, you will have to lower your nicotine. A friend of mine just got a subvod kit and he gets dizzy after 1 or 2 puffs with 12mg nicotine. He just quit a 1 1/2 pack a day habbit and he found 12mg way too much. With cigalikes, you get way less vapor out of each puff, so you can handle the higher nic levels. But that much nic has the potential to knock your socks off with that much vapor.
Just yesterday, I mixed up some juice with a new batch of nicotine base that I forgot I doubled the strength on. I usually mix 2 mg, but accidentally mixed 4mg, and 2 puffs later, I was blown away and realized my mistake. I'm runnung the tf-rta g2 with twin stainless claptons at .26 ohms at 70 watts on a smok h-priv. I get ridiculous clouds out of it but 4mg nicotine was just nauseating.

Bumtzy

Aug 28, 2016
Welcome to ECF
Your concern over juice consumption is valid; however if you keep the ohms of your coils used above 1.0 ohms and your wattage reasonable that shouldn't be a big concern.
Enjoy the journey
Thank you for the response. I don't know if it sounds childish but i really like those big "clouds" and i don't think is possible to make with coils above 1.0 ohms but if i am wrong please correct me cuz i'm kind of new to this.

Bumtzy

Aug 28, 2016
Well. How do I put this?
The iJust 2 was a niche product (cloud chasing pen) marketed to newbies and the iJust S takes this madness to a whole new level. Out the box it'll vape at nearing 100w and will consume liquid 10 times faster than a standard pen. You'll need to swap the EC head atomizer to something more 'regular' to tame it. :)
It will consume that much even if i'm using the 0.5 ohm coil?

Bumtzy

Aug 28, 2016
I used to go through 5-7 mls with the ec .5 and .3 coils, around 45-50 watts. The .18 316l coil will go through much more juice than those.
Although it is built to handle the .18 coil, I am always sceptical about using such low resistance on an internal battery mod. Battery life will definitely be shorter with this coil, so will the device longevity, but that is my assumption, based on my experiences, not so much on hard facts.
In, my opinion, stainless steel coils bring the best flavor though.
Again, in my opinion, I prefer regulated mods because you can fine tune your power output to suit your needs by pushing buttons instead of buying different coils. With the prices comparable and the reliability of regulated mods where they are not, unregulated mods seem, to me, more of a burden than a bennefit, especially with a built in battery.
I think 5-7 ml is reasonable. If i will buy thee Ijust S I don't think i will use the .18 anyway. Did you vape alot to get those 5-7 ml or the juice is simply disappearing? I am aware that i will have to lower my nicotine if I will make this step and I will probably get some 3mg nicotine e-juice.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
It will consume that much even if i'm using the 0.5 ohm coil?
0.5 ohm = 35 watts.
eGo pen = 7 or 8 watts.
Still going to be very thirsty.

In the UK unless you are DIY ing liquid from November 2016, cloud vaping premium liquid is going to be a long-lost pastime. I can't speak for the US but that's where we're headed. Game, set, match the government. Almost. :)

Bumtzy

Aug 28, 2016
0.5 ohm = 35 watts.
eGo pen = 7 or 8 watts.
Still going to be very thirsty.

In the UK unless you are DIY ing liquid from November 2016, cloud vaping premium liquid is going to be a long-lost pastime. I can't speak for the US but that's where we're headed. Game, set, match the government. Almost. :)
Well I'm from Romania and here 100ml cost around 10$. How are the prices in the UK?

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
I think 5-7 ml is reasonable. If i will buy thee Ijust S I don't think i will use the .18 anyway. Did you vape alot to get those 5-7 ml or the juice is simply disappearing? I am aware that i will have to lower my nicotine if I will make this step and I will probably get some 3mg nicotine e-juice.
The juice doesn't just disappear in huge clouds, I used the same ec coils in a pico with melo 3 tank. Vapor production is alright for beginners to be impressed, just don't think you're going to enter competitions with it. I never held back with my device, but actual juice consumption depends on how much you use it.
If i were to rate it, I'd say a medium to medium-high vaping.
By the way, the istick pico lasted me a month before i wanted bigger clouds.

Tamberland

Unresolved Status
Aug 4, 2016
US
www.366vape.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Thank you for the response. I don't know if it sounds childish but i really like those big "clouds" and i don't think is possible to make with coils above 1.0 ohms but if i am wrong please correct me cuz i'm kind of new to this.
It's not childish at all. Yes there is somewhat of a stigma attached to chucking clouds. For me I was a pack and a half a day smoker for over 36 years, couldn't kick it. For me most of the addiction was the inhale and exhale. I've been tobacco free for over a year now. I like a good healthy, thick vape. I vape at around 0.2 ohms and I am no "Clouds Bro". If someone classifies me as one I honestly could care less. It's all about staying off the Stinkies and what works for you.

Find the sweet spot that works and just ignore those who try to label you, they aren't worth your time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016

Hi and welcome.
You may want to read this about higher vs lower ohm vaping and from which you can expect big clouds. It's very informative.
My thoughts about sub-ohm and latest VV/VW devices...

The choice of an Ijust 2 or S (as there's not that much difference between them) is a good vape producing reasonable clouds and flavor. I have 2 of them and I use them just as much as my variable mods. They are also great for work as they fit easily into a pocket. These though have no ability to vary the power settings. They are simple and work very well considering but they are not the devices that the dedicated vapors go chasing clouds and/or flavor with. You need to decide which way you want to go and which way you can afford to go. If you can do both then the decision is easy.

Reactions: mindriot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread