Hi, from a new forum member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and vaping community, even though I've been a frequent visitor for a while and have learned a lot by just reading the posts here.

I had been a smoker for about 17 years and I have always varied between heavy to moderate smoking. I had managed to quit for three months cold turkey once, but then all it took was a beer and a cigarette, and I was back to analog smoking.

About six or so years ago, my brother managed to convince me to try out the e-cigarettes he had purchased. The device he had actually simulated the look of the analog cigarette (cigalike), which seemed interesting at the time. I bought myself one and tried that off and on for about a month (while I continued smoking regular cigarettes), but I could just not get into it – I decided that the flavours were not good enough for me to keep using the device.

Earlier this year, a friend who had recently just quit smoking decided to purchase an e-cigarette, and he got an e-go device with a clearomizer and e-liquid. He seemed to have complete success, so I asked him a lot of questions over time. When he no longer could answer my questions, I decided to begin learning about the world of vaping on my own which has evolved so much since I had tried the little e-cig device stick years ago. I have watched many known vaping community YouTubers sharing opinions on devices and e-juices, speaking on advocacy and sharing their personal stories, about how they quit and how vaping saved their lives. I was impressed. I knew it was finally my turn to quit the stinky sticks once and for all, and I've been off them without any problems for almost two months strong.

I started with Smok's Brit One Mega kit where I am quite enjoying the device size and portability. Since I am more of a flavour chaser than a cloud chaser, I am ready to try something more powerful to get a bit more flavour from my e-juices. Now I will be moving up by purchasing an advanced but still relatively small regulated mod (Smok Alien) that will allow me to up the wattage a bit so I can begin to use RTA and RDA builds for more flavour.

Since I keep coming back here frequently enough for battery and battery safety info (thanks @Mooch), and general device and e-juice opinions, I figured it was finally time to make the switch from visitor to member. It is great to be here and to be able to learn from everyone. :D

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I started with Smok's Brit One Mega kit where I am quite enjoying the device size and portability. Since I am more of a flavour chaser than a cloud chaser, I am ready to try something more powerful to get a bit more flavour from my e-juices. Now I will be moving up by purchasing an advanced but still relatively small regulated mod (Smok Alien) that will allow me to up the wattage a bit so I can begin to use RTA and RDA builds for more flavour.

Since I keep coming back here frequently enough for battery and battery safety info (thanks @Mooch), and general device and e-juice opinions, I figured it was finally time to make the switch from visitor to member. It is great to be here and to be able to learn from everyone. :D
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
The Vaper`s Guide to Flavour Chasing
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor

Reactions: ghostvaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread